NEW BLOG ENTRY BY CONE

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Lars
All Killer No Filler

NEW BLOG ENTRY BY CONE

Post by Lars »

Hilarious

I was just in LA for 3 days and 2 nights on Feb. 23rd - 25th.

I have been getting some messages from people asking me what I have been up to lately. There had been a lot of of stuff but I thought I would share with you one day I recently had in LA. I was on vacation for 2 weeks in the caribbean prior to going to LA. Everyone knows about the amount of partying and drinking you can do on vacation. Done with being constantly "vacation drunk" everyday I thought when I went to LA I would take it easy. Little did I know. I flew home to Toronto from vacation on the 25th getting in at 11PM. I get to bed just after midnight. I was up at 5:30 AM the next morning to catch my flight to LA. A pretty bumpy flight lands around 11:30 AM LA time. I grab a rental car and drive to meet Dipple for a Burrito. Then I had to be at Denny's for 4 PM to create our meal for their Late Night Rock Star Menu (the reason I went down to LA). Then we all decided that we wanted to go for dinner later so Deryck went home for a bit and Steve and I went to a pub down the street for beer. We talked about music, videos and the state and downward spiral of the real estate market (haha, yes we are old men!). After the beer we head back out to go meet Deryck at an Italian restaurant. Steve had to drive home to Long Beach so he takes off after dinner. Deryck invites me to come by his place to listen to a few new songs he had written. We get to Deryck's and crack a bottle of red wine. Its my favorite red wine right now called Toasted Head Merlot. 1 glass in Deryck says "don't worry about how much you drink cause you can stay over tonight". We start listening to songs, drinking wine, listening to songs, drinking wine, on and on. Before you know it we were quickly through 2 bottles of wine and had listened to most of the new songs he had written. They sound fuckin awesome! Some of them I have heard before and already played on and some of them I had never heard. Brand new ones. I am real excited about the new album. It doesn't really sound like anything we have ever done but still sounds like Sum 41. I am really into it. We then realize that we had just drank the rest of the stash of wine that he had. So then he walks in the room with a big 'ol bottle of Grey Goose Vodka. A bunch of glasses of Vodka later my motor skills were gone. I couldn't string a sentence together. Deryck says we should go make pizza. The pizza was great but I was so drunk that I forgot that I am lactose intolerant and the pizza had loads of cheese on it. I should apologize to Deryck and his couch for the smells that came out of me after that. I happen to glance over at the clock and it reads "5:30 am". I calculate in my head that it would be 8:30 am in Toronto. That would mean I would have been up for 27 hours now. NOw extremely tired and extremely drunk we sit around talking and listening to music for another half hour and Deryck says hes going to bed. I ask him where his massage chair is and as hes walking up his stairs to bed he points to his basement. I stumble down stairs and snoop around looking for the massage chair. I finally find it and settle in. I put it on some random setting and pass out. I wake up about an hour later to 6 knobs driving into my back. I shut that down and head up stairs to bed. By this time the sun is fully up. 2 days later I fly home still hung over. I think my liver is bruised from the past 3-4 weeks. Time to decompress. Not the craziest story in the world but what happened the next night is too X-rated to tell........................... The whole moral of this story, I am very excited about the new songs and I hate booze right now. Talk to you all soon. Don't drink and drive.
Cone.

And -as confirmed in the Q&A-section - the new album won't be called Complicity.
Sara
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Sara
Instrument 1: Acoustic.. kinda.
Instrument 2: Bass.. sorta.

Re: NEW BLOG ENTRY BY CONE

Post by Sara »

LOL Awesome blog post! CONE KICKS ASS!! :ohshiz:
Last.fm sig cause I'm not creative. =)
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

LOL, man everytime someone goes to Bizzy's house they pass out..lol
great read, I'm glad Cone took the time to write this
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

fenderrocks wrote:LOL, man everytime someone goes to Bizzy's house they pass out..lol
great read, I'm glad Cone took the time to write this
Yeah, that's a really great post !!!
Cone is always amazing :glad:
upperclasszero
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Jake
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by upperclasszero »

i wuv cone
Children of the beast embrace,
To scorn and the human race,
Consume the light that hugs the earth,
And aid the womb in giving birth,
To a group that will appear,
And guide you through this final year,
The dark armies then will come,
When the sum is 41

WillySpleen is my n00b
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

holy drunkness! wow. don't know what to think of that. but new songs yay!
kinda confused about "It doesn't really sound like anything we have ever done but still sounds like Sum 41." i thought they said it was like dtli? and chuck. hmm interesting.
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

hahah, cone's great!
Claudia
Billy Spleen
n00b: bunny
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Claudia »

very interesting.
Amys n00b and Philis grandn00b
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

cool kids wrote:holy drunkness! wow. don't know what to think of that. but new songs yay!
kinda confused about "It doesn't really sound like anything we have ever done but still sounds like Sum 41." i thought they said it was like dtli? and chuck. hmm interesting.
was that during the AP chat? cause its was a while back, maybe the songs hadn't quite developed enough
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Wow that's a lot of alcohol. I don't think I could ever do a night of red wine and vodka. Cone sounds really enthusiastic about the new songs!
Billy41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Koen
Instrument 2: I wish bass

Post by Billy41 »

This is sweet! I love Cone!!!
He sounds really exited about the new shit and Ive always thought,from the whole band, Cone had the most same taste as me...dunno if that sounds right but you get me lol
All creds for the Still Waiting sig are for Jeremy!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Billy41 wrote:This is sweet! I love Cone!!!
He sounds really exited about the new shit and Ive always thought,from the whole band, Cone had the most same taste as me...dunno if that sounds right but you get me lol
I agree. Some of Cone's favorite songs are Still Waiting and No Reason, which are also my favorites as well.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Haha, thats some great blog. Some funny shit. Yeah, too bad he haven't made anything clear about those new songs... like, well, he just approved what Deryck already said. Its been a while since Deryck said its a heavy DTLI/Chuck like sound, since then Deryck also said its totally different from anything they did before, so Cone just approved it, I guess, which makes me excited about the songs, although its not any new info. But funny stuff haha.

I wonder what Avril thought about drunk Cone in her house XD
Especially about what he said he did to the sofa.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Jeremy wrote:Wow that's a lot of alcohol. I don't think I could ever do a night of red wine and vodka. Cone sounds really enthusiastic about the new songs!
you would if you were spanish it all the depends of the wine ,you see all you have to do is to drink slowly i dunno how you guys drink in canada but for example the tourists here usually drink to fast (especially the British sorry jake, bobby, boni etc...) and they cant keep up with our nightlife
Seems like they had a great i bet avril was with them
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Cone definitely wasn't this enthusiastic about Underclass Hero. This is a good sign.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

yeah cone and i have simular tastes in songs too. so it must be good.
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
ReemFTW
All Killer No Filler
First name: Reem

Post by ReemFTW »

I have nothing to say, everything I wanted to say was said. :silly:
I'll just say it's nice of him to give us such a long update. :mrgreen:
*best signature in the world*
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I read that whole thing thinking that he was going to say something about a new song coming out or something, but no. The same thing, plus some booze. Great :roll:
CIRCUITzach
Underclass Hero
First name: Zachary

Post by CIRCUITzach »

summarize please im sick and dont have the attention span to read it now.
Sara
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Sara
Instrument 1: Acoustic.. kinda.
Instrument 2: Bass.. sorta.

Post by Sara »

Read it later. :mrgreen:
Jeremy wrote:
Billy41 wrote:This is sweet! I love Cone!!!
I agree. Some of Cone's favorite songs are Still Waiting and No Reason, which are also my favorites as well.
:agreed: If Cone says it's awesome, then it's awesome.
Last.fm sig cause I'm not creative. =)