what happend to live in cleveland?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

pbueddi

what happend to live in cleveland?

Post by pbueddi »

i thought they were supposed to tape the cleveland show and release it on the internet. does anyone know anything? can someone ask cone or something?
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: what happend to live in cleveland?

Post by samueeL »

They forgot it =)
Billy41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Koen
Instrument 2: I wish bass

Post by Billy41 »

samueeL wrote:They forgot it =)
Are you serious? Cuz I'd really like to see it...or have hope in seeing it someday
All creds for the Still Waiting sig are for Jeremy!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, they never talked about it again so yeah, i'm pretty positive they forgot about it, or just scrapped the idea.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

what happened to live in barcelona ?? o h wait never happened
i have no idea dude ,probably they didn't like the show or something
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

They must've just forgot about it or scrapped the idea. It's kind of weird because this is the first album where Sum 41 didn't officially put out a live show on a DVD or CD like in the past.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

They should've made another live cd. I love hearing them live. Go Chuck Yourself can't get old. It would've been nice to hear some songs from Underclass Hero live.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

I think it just wasn't the time for a new live CD after UH, as much as I would like that, cuz you know, better hear a new live album by them than nothing, but it just that with UH they didn't have enough material for release a new live CD already. I mean, the setlist was pretty much like GCY, with only Underclass Hero, Walking Disaster and With Me replacing some older songs (like No Reason... :mad: ) from the GCY set, and In Too Deep that was absent from the GCY tour. Also, they threw in pretty randomly March of the Dogs, KoC and Confusion/Frustration in some concerts but not that it was all in one that its all worth releasing on a new live CD. I also think they didn't have any really big shows like the one filmed in London, Ontario for the GCY CD, I remember it was said how most of their shows changed venues to some smaller ones.

Well, they at least could release a video, but I guess the only professional recording from that tour we can see is the Orange Lounge.
skates
Billy Spleen
First name: Fran

Post by skates »

a new live album would be great
spreyye
Bunkface
First name: Henrik

Post by spreyye »

skates wrote:a new live album would be great
:agreed: I hope they make live studio records for their new songs as they did with UH, and also some more shows like tokyo 03 and go chuck yourself would be even more awesome.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

yeah I wished they would have made something as well. although I do think it's strange how they only played at most 3 or 4 songs, if that, from UH. where when does this look infected came out (for example) they played all but one song from that CD almost every show, taking up over half the set with the new songs. which is why they made a new DVD then even after ITD.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

The fact they had to start PAYING venues to play instead of GETTING paid to play.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

Image of The Invisible wrote:The fact they had to start PAYING venues to play instead of GETTING paid to play.
tomhoppus is my hero.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

^

ouch.......that must suck for them.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil

Post by Emil »

They seriousley has to pay the venue?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Emil wrote:They seriousley has to pay the venue?
Probably. I don't know how the system works, but I do know that for the last half of Sum 41's Underclass Hero tour, ticket sales were very poor. Venues were downsized from places that could hold thousands to places that could only old a few hundred people. Not only that, but I think they had trouble filling up the small venues.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil

Post by Emil »

Seems kind of weird to me because it seems that Underclass Hero would attract more mainstream kids.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Jeremy wrote:
Probably. I don't know how the system works, but I do know that for the last half of Sum 41's Underclass Hero tour, ticket sales were very poor. Venues were downsized from places that could hold thousands to places that could only old a few hundred people. Not only that, but I think they had trouble filling up the small venues.
i've got a theory a few years ago sum's shows were pure energy i mean i've seen videos from different eras where they were jumping and having fun but now the shows are too "professional" the energy seems to be gone ...idk they had a magic connection with the crowd and it's like this connection has disappeared
and UH didn't help either
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Emil wrote:Seems kind of weird to me because it seems that Underclass Hero would attract more mainstream kids.
Yeah, I think the problem to blame was Deryck's back injury that he suffered practically at the beginning of the Strength in Numbers tour with Finger Eleven. When Sum 41 had to stop touring, the radio stations stopped promoting their music.

I don't think I ever heard Walking Disaster on the radio when it was released as a single. Likewise with With Me.
Still Waiting wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
i've got a theory a few years ago sum's shows were pure energy i mean i've seen videos from different eras where they were jumping and having fun but now the shows are too "professional" the energy seems to be gone ...idk they had a magic connection with the crowd and it's like this connection has disappeared
and UH didn't help either
Yeah, in the past their shows seemed a lot more spontaneous and less scripted up until the Go Chuck Yourself tours. Apparently even the banter Deryck has in between songs is the same from show to show. And if that's the case, it's like each show has become less personalized for that specific venue.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Image of The Invisible wrote:The fact they had to start PAYING venues to play instead of GETTING paid to play.
wow really?! I would've easily paid anything to see them, only thing is that they didn't come near where I live :sad: