Rate this purchase?

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Sheepshot41
First name: Raffy

Rate this purchase?

Post by Sheepshot41 »

Okay, so I'm an intermediate guitar player that loves playing punk, pop-punk, etc. (Basically, Sum 41, Blink-182, Zebrahead...)

I was thinking for my birthday, I'd get Deryck Whibley's signature Squire Tele', and a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt amp.

Is this good for a guy of my playing style?

Thanks. :winkwink:
Last edited by Sheepshot41 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I <3 Her.
Jeremy Kill
Re: Rate this purchase?

Post by Jeremy Kill »

It's a good deal if you don't plan on branching out to other genres of music. If you do, you're going to have to buy a better guitar.
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Shiv
PSN ID: Communsim
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by Shiv »

Sheepshot41 wrote:Is this good for a guy of my playing style?
no because u have selena gomez in ur sig :shock:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Post by wiggs1441 »

the deryck telecaster isn't that great. you can buy a much better guitar at that price.
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I planned on buying one of them but then i tried a regular tele and it is way better.
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

what's your budget for a guitar and amp.

ave not got Deryck's signature guitar, but guess would be not too great really.

I recommend buying an Ibanez, those guitars are very good. I have squier by Fender Telecaster Custom, it's not too bad ave gigged with it before, but I want a Fender Showmaster which is about £430 and would like a Ibanez too, lol

for amp I'd say try Marshall's, Peavey, Line-6 (don't always like em all, but some newer range are not bad, very digital amp), and another great amp i tried i think is 120watt Felxwave CRATE, very good amp.

I have a 2x 12'", 150watt AVT Marshall, it's great amp, but kinda wish got 120watt Crate now, lol but it does job, has amazing acoustic simulator on it. 100w combo amp is very ideal or that 120watt i tried was great.

http://www.crateamps.com/products/findex.php?catID=1
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

wiggs1441 wrote:the deryck telecaster isn't that great. you can buy a much better guitar at that price.
There are some squier guitars (not Deryck's one) that are really better, and that will give you the same look.
This one seems to be really good : http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_squier_ ... p90_bk.htm
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

no bc the whibley sig is shit as is the amp you picked out (to top it off its only 15 watts)

for your style and your situation go with this

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=515113

as for an amp....idk what to tell you. your budget for that seems to be very strict seeing as you picked one thats $100. i hate line 6 amps and the marshall MG series. so i'd say just save up for a cheap peavey windsor or valveking ($300-500)

stevie486 wrote:what's your budget for a guitar and amp.

ave not got Deryck's signature guitar, but guess would be not too great really.

I recommend buying an Ibanez, those guitars are very good. I have squier by Fender Telecaster Custom, it's not too bad ave gigged with it before, but I want a Fender Showmaster which is about £430 and would like a Ibanez too, lol

for amp I'd say try Marshall's, Peavey, Line-6 (don't always like em all, but some newer range are not bad, very digital amp), and another great amp i tried i think is 120watt Felxwave CRATE, very good amp.

I have a 2x 12'", 150watt AVT Marshall, it's great amp, but kinda wish got 120watt Crate now, lol but it does job, has amazing acoustic simulator on it. 100w combo amp is very ideal or that 120watt i tried was great.

http://www.crateamps.com/products/findex.php?catID=1

??

crates blow ass. No one uses them and there is a reason for it.

if you ever want a GOOD amp go with Marshall,Mesa,Soldano,Bogner,Orange,Hughes & Kettner