Sum 41's Next Album

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...
AKA: NOT madjid

Sum 41's Next Album

Post by Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum... »

Discuss you hopes and expectations for the next Sum 41 album , in every aspect : song writing , music , producing , cover design ......

I'd really like it if someone else could produce the album , and if Cone sings at least in one song , and be involved more and more in the writing/composing process , and the songs to be about life itself , about having fun ,and about the other members too, not just Deryck .......
Okay , it will be ackward for them to still sing about hanging out and drinking in the back of an El Camino ( you know like Blink 182 did ) but Sum 41 is about being yourself , it's about having fun, and we wanna see that in the next album.

I'd really like to see Cone in the Cover too ( iemnaiz's idea ) , Steve has already been on DTLI cover ,and Deryck on UH , so i think this is Cone's moment to shine, the only Bass Solo he's ever done was on : Welcome To HEll , i'd love to hear more of those solos ,and Much much much much more vocals !

Basically , we want MORE Cone , and LESS Deryck.
Last edited by Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum... on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: Sum 41's Next Album

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

topic number 67.

What's wrong with you ?

This topic is for noobs, not for you " Mr. know it all "

and i joined TheresNoSolution 10 days ago , how the hell would i know what did you discuss before ?
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum... wrote:What's wrong with you ?

and i joined TheresNoSolution 10 days ago , how the hell would i know what did you discuss before ?
lol @ you flipping out everytime someone says something to you.

maybe by looking around?

Maybe by not being a total retard and figuring this is a sum 41 forum this would have been discussed?

Thats a good cop out for your stupidity, zomg i'z n00b how shuld i know mahng? So we're going to re-make every topic ever made for each new member?

Okay.
iemnaiz
Chuck
First name: ZIAN

Post by iemnaiz »

sumfan wrote:

maybe by looking around?

Maybe by not being a total retard and figuring this is a sum 41 forum this would have been discussed?

Thats a good cop out for your stupidity, zomg i'z n00b how shuld i know mahng? So we're going to re-make every topic ever made for each new member?

Okay.
of course he has to defend himself! so what if it's been discussed before.why couldn't we discuss it again?that topic might have been dead already. people might have changed their expectations for it and all. geeez

---

i want cone to be on the cover of the album! and definitely cone singing more in songs. enough of songs about life already, i want something like fat lip or motivation. all about having fun! but in an interview deryck said their next album wouldn't be like AKNF. so i really don't know.
lindsey_jocz

Post by lindsey_jocz »

Ok....allow me to get something straight....
You guys hate it when people repeat discussions.....
yet you also hate it when people revive dead topics.
....What an oxymoron.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

iemnaiz wrote:
sumfan wrote:

maybe by looking around?

Okay.

of course he has to defend himself! so what if it's been discussed before.why couldn't we discuss it again?that topic might have been dead already. people might have changed their expectations for it and all. geeez

---

i want cone to be on the cover of the album! and definitely cone singing more in songs. enough of songs about life already, i want something like fat lip or motivation. all about having fun! but in an interview deryck said their next album wouldn't be like AKNF. so i really don't know.
Oh my god. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

He doesn't need to be a dick in every post he makes.
Claudia
Billy Spleen
n00b: bunny
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Claudia »

How fucking lame.
So, he's a retard just cause he's new? See what I meant about people being dicks?
Amys n00b and Philis grandn00b

The real funny thing is that i named him as one of my brothers , i dunno where i got the idea that he's cool , shit happenz ! anyways thank you all for backing me up, and this dick needs to get a life , seriously.

Everyone seems to have a problem with me these days , but i've never gave a fuck anyway... the thing is that people like him think that they're cool and great , and know it all....i'd rather discuss an old dead topic about Sum 41 than to discuss your avatar ,or what's wrong with your manhood, coz no one cares about that , we're here coz we care about Sum 41 , and we don't wanna see them splitting up , they were born to make music , and maybe by expressing our hopes and expectation about the new album , maybe we can do smthg to help ..... of course fags like you could never understand that , you have no life , you're just calling people dicks , just to seek the attention maybe .
you need some help kiddo , as soon as possible.
Last edited by Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum... on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Post by wiggs1441 »

^dude stfu. dont get me wrong. so wtf if the topic repeats but for you to fucking flip out on him and say all that shit thats a dick move on your part.
btw were still cool
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Well, Deryck is leadsinger so I want him to sing in everymutavaking song. thats all I want from new album

and yeh use search or sumthing
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster

Post by HilgaMan »

Okay,

1. Get back the heavier sound and cool guitar riffs. Like AKNF and DTLI
2. Get a producer
3. Still make acoustic and slow songs too
4. Let Cone sing a song or two
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
burnout

Post by burnout »

lindsey_jocz wrote:Ok....allow me to get something straight....
You guys hate it when people repeat discussions.....
yet you also hate it when people revive dead topics.
so true... :wordyo:

what i'd like for the new abulm is some riff-age, gd basslines and a new guitarist
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Sum 41 needs to stop making music for the mainstream and revisit what they did on Chuck and figure out how to progress from that. They need to stop caring so much for making music that the public will like. Chuck wasn't a bad album, it just wasn't the album that the mainstream audience liked. Therefore, they had to change the sound and get back to what the mainstream audience liked. It's disappointing, because they sounded amazing on that record. They went back to what made them successful, and made a record that was mediocre as hell.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Ok, so the last thread I saw about the new album was when Deryck said they weren't thinking about it yet in that weird paparazzi "interview." That thread was made on July 24th and today is August 29th. According to the rules, we're not allowed to bump that topic. I don't see a problem with this thread either.

For the next album I want better guitar riffs and bass parts. I want Cone to be able to do what he's best at and Deryck to make some catchy riffs. That's all I want.
The Bitter End
First name: Josh.
n00b: Me.
AKA: El Shredder
360 Gamer Tag: sk8rboi456
Instrument 2: Backing Vocals
Instrument 3: Bass or Drums

Post by The Bitter End »

I would like it to be like DTLI?.

Definatley my favorite album. And a really punk design, I guess.. Uhm, I think Deryck should stick to songwriting and singing, too.
______ __ __ ___ ___ _ _ __
\ _ _ _\ \ \ \ \ \ \/ \ \ \_ \ \ /__ \
\______ \ \ \ \ \ _ \ \_ _ \ \ \
_ _ _ _ \ \ \__\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
\_______\ \_______\ \___\ \___\ \_ \ \__\
First name: Zachary

Post by CIRCUITzach »

god damn where is the love?

i hope its an amazing album
i hope biizy lets cone express himself more, and who knows are boy brown sound may be there
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

I hope they make an album like DTLI?

But, tbh, I have NO clue what it would sound like. They probably won't have an UH again, seeing how well that worked for them...and they won't do the metal. So, we'll just ahve to wait and see
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, I guess they are gonna surprise us like on every record, but yeah, I hope for more involvment from Cone and Steve. Like, more co-songwriting, you know, with Steve and Cone, not just Deryck writing everything.

And of course, some catchy DTLI style riffs, although I suspect Dave was the mastermind behind all the band's cool riffs so that might be a problem. A producer will be great too, he could help them find themselves. Greig Nori back in the manager's seat could be great, although I doubt it'll happen.

Cone singing in a song will be good too. I would like to see Steve singing again. Last time he did that it was on Thanks for Nothing on DTLI (and the DTLI bonus tracks) so I hope he could sing again. And Cone should seriously record the backing vocals. I know he does them live, but.... on the record, Deryck does all the vocals, and I think Cone should actually record the vocals, if thats not too hard for them, maybe there's a reason why Deryck actually records all, cuz since Cone sings them live anyway, he should also be on the record. I mean, Dave and Greig did backing vocals on AKNF.

A new guitarist would be nice, but maybe even a good producer could help them out finding the direction and all so i'm sure Deryck will do a great job on guitars if he'll have the right direction.

I guess we'll just gonna have to wait and let the guys surprise us like always :grin:
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

hmmm, lots to think about. Lets see, I think the next album should sort of an expansion or a gap filler between DTLI and Chuck, there seems to still be a lot of great ideas flowing around both those records. And whatever Sum 41 does, just make something different, nothing mainstream. Another thing with the songwriting is, I know this might sound bad at first but, I wouldn't let deryck get to personal with the songwriting again like he did in Underclass Hero. He's a good songwriter and everything but, writing a whole album about yourself and expecting people not to get is quite a challenge. They exhausted that old, overused idea, move on.

I also think when Sum 41 took like 6 months off and fired everyone, they fired a bit of themselves. Just thinking, how big does Sum 41's ego have to be to fire everyone who's helped them in the past to get them to where they are today, and after all of that, expect to be more popular. I just don't think it works that way. They need producer(s), managers and sound guys.
tomhoppus is my hero.