Poll: PS3 OR 360?

Talk about anything related to games here: video games, board games, games passed down from your great great grandpa's dad, or any other type of game.

Moderators: Janet, Gutter Dreams

PS3 or 360

PS3
51%
Xbox 360
49%

Total votes: 35

withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Re: Poll: PS3 OR 360?

Post by withchappedlips »

budgie wrote:Budgie's Rant of the Day

its annoying when people base games on how good the graphics are.
- "ZOMG! did u c tha new gran turismo game??? its got liek amazing graphics!!!1!"
- "what's the gameplay like?"
- "complete shite, but it looks so good!!"

im just saying theres more to games than graphics. look at all those old SNES games. they looked shite but they were brilliant.

also, there seems to be a certain shallowness when it comes to new consoles. people wouldnt be caught dead playing a Wii, cause its too much fun.
what happened to the days when games were harmless entertainment? everythings so serious nowadays...

[/rant]
the wii isn't that fun. i've played it. it's pretty boring after a couple plays.
cod4, however, i've been playing nonstop for almost a month now online. that game is fun.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I play a game for gameplay not graphics :smug:
[donate][/donate]
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

budgie wrote:Budgie's Rant of the Day

its annoying when people base games on how good the graphics are.
- "ZOMG! did u c tha new gran turismo game??? its got liek amazing graphics!!!1!"
- "what's the gameplay like?"
- "complete shite, but it looks so good!!"

im just saying theres more to games than graphics. look at all those old SNES games. they looked shite but they were brilliant.

also, there seems to be a certain shallowness when it comes to new consoles. people wouldnt be caught dead playing a Wii, cause its too much fun.
what happened to the days when games were harmless entertainment? everythings so serious nowadays...

[/rant]
You are my new hero. I used to have to debate about this with my friend cause he'd never shut up about it. Nintendo takes so much shit nowadays for being too lame and kiddy but if it wasn't for Nintendo video games wouldn't be what they are today. It was Nintendo that made them popular. Sony and Microsoft only capitalized on it when it got big.

And he was totally like that with graphics too.

Anyways, back on topic. I voted 360 because 360 has a good selection of games and is not $700000000000000.
withchappedlips

SociallyInept wrote: Anyways, back on topic. I voted 360 because 360 has a good selection of games and is not $700000000000000.
Let's compare prices.

40 GB PS3 according to Best Buy = 399.99.
Xbox 360 according to Best Buy = 349.99.

Now, you're right. It costs less. But, what xbox gamer doesn't buy xbox live? You'd have to be an idiot to not buy xbox live, because it makes games 10000000x more fun.

Xbox live = 49.99.

Ouch. I guess THAT is where they get you. You buy xbox live for 12 months... and you've already spent what you would spend on a PS3 that has no cost to play online. Therefore, 360 only looks like it doesn't cost the price of ps3. PS3 costs more, but it doesn't have all the accessories to pay for like 360 does. Did I mention that 360 owners have to buy an external cooler so that the game doesn't get the "red ring of death"? Did I mention that 360 owners are going to have to buy an additional add on to be able to play Bluray? Did I mention that 360 fails epicly?

[donate][/donate]
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter

Post by Peterr »

I voted x-box because I have never played a PS3 :smug:
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

I don't have either, but I'd rather get a PS3. Blu ray and cool games. Free online is a mega plus too.
withchappedlips

Sumaddict wrote:I voted x-box because I have never played a PS3 :smug:
come over. we'll have some kinky, hot, game sessions!

[donate][/donate]
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Kyle_ftl wrote:
And play epic games that the xBox won't have like Metal Gear Solid 4... Dual Layer Blu Ray disk xD
[donate][/donate]
withchappedlips

boniboyblue wrote:
Kyle_ftl wrote:
And play epic games that the xBox won't have like Metal Gear Solid 4... Dual Layer Blu Ray disk xD
ftmfw.

[donate][/donate]
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

Xbox IMO. But that's not to say PS3 is bad. Both have their pros and cons. I would have liked to get PS3 because of the free Blu ray player you get with it.
tomhoppus is my hero.
c4rlsson
Billy Spleen
First name: Bizzy D

Post by c4rlsson »

Both of them are really good. I don't have any of them but If I get the cash I will buy a 360 I think ;P.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Xbox 360 has many more advantages than the PS3.

Xbox Live. Games. Originality.

Did I mention games? And Xbox Live?
withchappedlips

finglemaster wrote:Xbox 360 has many more advantages than the PS3.

Playstation Network? I'm pretty damn sure PS3 has something equivalent to xbox when it comes to that.
Sony has been much better than Microsoft when it comes to pleasing the game system owners. Sony STILL makes games for PS2, while Microsoft dropped production for xbox games shortly after 360 was released.
Sony doesn't charge for online, and the PS3 is much less faulty than the 360. There's no way that the 360 has more advantages over the PS3. Notice how much longer the 360 has been in production than the PS3. That's why it has more games and what not. Had PS3 come out the same week as the 360, I'm sure PS3 would have a head to head with 360 on putting out games. The PS3 waited to come out a bit longer, and we got a better system equipped with bluray and the ability to play old PS2 games that we still love. I think the 360 is a good system, and it definitely is fun to play, but there's no way it has more advantages than the PS3 has. The PS3 doesn't break in 2 seconds, unlike the 360, and the games don't get fucked up just because you move the system. If you have your 360 standing up and then all of the sudden someone knocks in to it and it falls over, the game will get all scratched up and in some cases stops working. The ps3 doesn't have that problem. Dare I even mention the red ring of death?

[donate][/donate]
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

Kyle wrote:
finglemaster wrote:Xbox 360 has many more advantages than the PS3.

Playstation Network? I'm pretty damn sure PS3 has something equivalent to xbox when it comes to that.
Sony has been much better than Microsoft when it comes to pleasing the game system owners. Sony STILL makes games for PS2, while Microsoft dropped production for xbox games shortly after 360 was released.
Sony doesn't charge for online, and the PS3 is much less faulty than the 360. There's no way that the 360 has more advantages over the PS3. Notice how much longer the 360 has been in production than the PS3. That's why it has more games and what not. Had PS3 come out the same week as the 360, I'm sure PS3 would have a head to head with 360 on putting out games. The PS3 waited to come out a bit longer, and we got a better system equipped with bluray and the ability to play old PS2 games that we still love. I think the 360 is a good system, and it definitely is fun to play, but there's no way it has more advantages than the PS3 has. The PS3 doesn't break in 2 seconds, unlike the 360, and the games don't get fucked up just because you move the system. If you have your 360 standing up and then all of the sudden someone knocks in to it and it falls over, the game will get all scratched up and in some cases stops working. The ps3 doesn't have that problem. Dare I even mention the red ring of death?
DAMN :shock:

But yea, all of those are valid reasons......
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction

Post by Queso Man »

Well it seems you don't want to have a serious debate with that sarcasm, but I will anyways.

Playstation Network? I believe Xbox Live has been around much much longer, and they defined online console gaming. By "Games" being an advanage I don't mean the amount of games, I mean the quality. Give me a game that is on the PS3 that would give me a reason to buy it. Gears of War? Halo? Oh wait . . .

If you didn't know, the Xbox 360 is also backwards compatible with most titles, or at least any game that you would have a reason to own on the Original Xbox. Also I'm pretty sure the Xbox Live Marketplace is unparalleled. I can download free demos, game videos, purchase music videos, TV shows, and even stream Netflix movies, not to mention download some of the best Original Xbox games onto my harddrive for about the equivalent of $15.

When it comes down to it, so what if Playstation has more reliable hardware? I've gotten my 360 replaced for free within 10 days. It doesn't matter if I can watch super definition movies and games on my PS3 if they aren't fun. I could care less how they look if they're above the now standard HD. In my book the Xbox 360 has many advantages. Xbox LIVE. Xbox Live MARKETPLACE. GAMES.
Ansem
Billy Spleen

Post by Ansem »

PS3. Always prefered the Playstation over XBox and GameCube.
withchappedlips

finglemaster wrote:Well it seems you don't want to have a serious debate with that sarcasm, but I will anyways.

Playstation Network? I believe Xbox Live has been around much much longer, and they defined online console gaming. By "Games" being an advanage I don't mean the amount of games, I mean the quality. Give me a game that is on the PS3 that would give me a reason to buy it. Gears of War? Halo? Oh wait . . .

If you didn't know, the Xbox 360 is also backwards compatible with most titles, or at least any game that you would have a reason to own on the Original Xbox. Also I'm pretty sure the Xbox Live Marketplace is unparalleled. I can download free demos, game videos, purchase music videos, TV shows, and even stream Netflix movies, not to mention download some of the best Original Xbox games onto my harddrive for about the equivalent of $15.

When it comes down to it, so what if Playstation has more reliable hardware? I've gotten my 360 replaced for free within 10 days. It doesn't matter if I can watch super definition movies and games on my PS3 if they aren't fun. I could care less how they look if they're above the now standard HD. In my book the Xbox 360 has many advantages. Xbox LIVE. Xbox Live MARKETPLACE. GAMES.
The PS3 Store sells favorites from PS&PS2, and doesn't force you to spent 50 dollars to actually use its network, which as I've seen from playing COD4 online on 360, is just as good online. I get kicked out of a room or a game just as frequently on 360. Once 360 puts its online out for free, then you can talk about how amazing the online gaming is.

I'm pretty sure PS3 is finally getting reliable titles that are going to propel the system. Metal Gear Solid 4 seems to have gotten big, and we do have the best baseball game out there in MLB 08 The Show only available for our system... which if you are a baseball fan you'd like to get. I'm not the biggest in games, I just know about the system rather than all of the games it has. I'm aware that 360 has better system-only games, but Halo is the gayest thing on earth, while Gears of War actually is pretty rad.

[donate][/donate]
Queso Man
King of Contradiction

Post by Queso Man »

Xbox Live costs money for a reason. If you put two and two together, you would realize that because it is better than PSN. All higher quality things cost more. Such as the PS3, but in that case not better interface, just physical quality.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Metal Gear Solid 4 was definately the decision-maker in whether I got a PS3 or a 360. And it was the same for a lot of people (when I went to purchase my copy of MGS4).

I played Halo 2. I didn't think it was all that great (I'm pretty sure people were saying 1 was better than 2, but anyways...). I just thought it was boring and kind of depressing for some reason. It was pretty fun online though from what I can remember. But I definately prefer Call of Duty 4 over it.

Halo and Gears of War are the only two games I hear about that really get praised on the 360.
withchappedlips

finglemaster wrote:Xbox Live costs money for a reason. If you put two and two together, you would realize that because it is better than PSN. All higher quality things cost more. Such as the PS3, but in that case not better interface, just physical quality.
I played Call of Duty 4 on my friends xbox and he had made it sound like the gameplay was so good and how because it costs money it's so much better. That's bullshit. I was still lagging at times, and it took a long time in order to find a game to go to. Isn't it supposed to be like me clicking the game I want to play and it immediately going to it? The gameplay online isn't any better on COD4 for xbox than it is for PS3. I played it pretty much all night at his house and it had the same problems as my PS3 does on COD4, and it didn't have better graphics or speed of the games or anything. The only thing I like about playing xbox that PS3 hasn't adapted yet, is the fact that you can just randomly join your friends games on cod4 and you can at least see if they're in a game or not. That's the only thing that I like that it has that PS3 doesn't have in regards to online gameplay.
Also, in regards to PSN. I'm sure they thought of the fact that charging 400 or 500 dollars for a PS3 would need to have to give up SOMETHING. I'm sure the PS3 would charge for its online if it was only 300 dollars. I'm guessing it's a built in thing to the price of the system.

[donate][/donate]