Dr. Dynamite

Kitchener, ON, May 2nd.

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Event: GutRock KW 2008
Venue: The Gig Theatre
Performers: DJ Capybara, Easy Meat, Jen Militia, Brown Brigade
Cost: $10
ALL AGES

100% of profits to be donated to the KW chapter of the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada.

Bonus: This show has been put together for your enjoyment by your favourite Asho; me.

http://www.myspace.com/gutrockcanada
http://www.myspace.com/easymeat
http://www.myspace.com/jenmilitia

Who's going? ;)

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Re: Kitchener, ON, May 2nd.

Post by Bass Cone »

I would, but I don't live in Canada. Come to Maryland, ok? :lol:
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Post by wiggs1441 »

i would but 2 hours away from waterloo. my brother is supposed to go to Waterloo for college for some university shit in may so i might if its on the 2nd. probably not though
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Kitchener is so NOT 2 hours from Toronto! (well, maybe if there's traffic). I've gone from Waterloo all the way to the zoo and it's only taken and hour and a half! haha

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero

Post by wiggs1441 »

it not really toronto. its like a suburb of toronto called Thornhill. like when sum 41 did that dance at the theater that was a few minutes from my house. when i went to see Sum 41 in 2004 i think in Kitchener it took me about 3 hours (Traffic)
Who are the other bands?
tomhoppus is my Master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

http://www.myspace.com/jenmilitia

These guys are amazing, and amazing live. The guys of Brown Brigade LOVE them.

3 hours :S...alright that's a bit much of a drive then, I guess...haha

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero

Post by wiggs1441 »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:http://www.myspace.com/jenmilitia

That band is FUCKING AMAZING!!! do you have any of there songs you can send me? cause you can download but only if you have myspace (Which i dont) and i see you seem to be friends with them so you might.
tomhoppus is my Master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

wiggs1441
Underclass Hero

Post by wiggs1441 »

i've wanted to ask for a long time. what is IBD, Grohn's and Colitis?
tomhoppus is my Master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

wiggs1441 wrote:

That band is FUCKING AMAZING!!! do you have any of there songs you can send me? cause you can download but only if you have myspace (Which i dont) and i see you seem to be friends with them so you might.
Drop me your email address through private messages and I can hook you up. It won't be until Friday at the earliest though, as I gotta rip the CD onto a computer that's actually hooked up to the internet ('cause mine is not right now...lame). I can send you the entire thing. (and no, this isn't me having a double standard. The band is indie, and they want the music whored out as best it can be). Just go see them live next time they play your area ;)
wiggs1441 wrote:i've wanted to ask for a long time. what is IBD, Grohn's and Colitis?
They're shitty (pun intended) diseases that inflame and cause ulcerations in your bowels/intestines. It hurts like Hell, causes you to have either insane and neverending diarrea - or insane constipation that hurts really, really badly. Doesn't sound like that bad, right? (although really, that alone IS really bad). It can also cause fistulas, which are like little pathways that grow from your intestines to other organs, or to your skin...and release POO into those organs or out your skin. This can obviously kill you pretty quickly, to be having shit in your liver, kidneys, etc.

It also leaves you dehydrated and malnourished from the diarrea and from your bowels being wounded and sore and therefore unable to digest the nutrients you need to live. You lose an insane amount of weight (I believe my dad has lost something like 75 lbs since diagnosis 5 years ago, and is still losing). It also causes osteoporisis, because you can't absorb calcium.

Anddd then there's the joy that there's really nothing they can do for you, save from a horrible infusion of medication that destroys your immune system completely and has various other awesome side effects, including stopping liver function. And even THAT drug doesn't work for everyone. Almost all people with IBD will have to have major surgery to remove portions of their bowels at some point in their lives. Some people (I know a girl who's 28 and has had 10 sugeries so far for IBD...she also now has a permanent ostomy bag...which is a bag that collects your poo because your bowels are too dead to do it for you...at 28 years old!). These surgeries often times can make matters worse, as less bowels = faster travel time through the system = less time to digest what you need...
If/when it gets really bad - you die.

Canada has the highest number of Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis cases in the entire world. And it is hitting people younger and younger as time goes on. I've met kids as young as 1 year old who are showing symptoms (and have it in their family), and as young as 4 who have full blown Crohn's Disease.

For more info, do a google search or check out sites like http://www.badgut.com or http://www.ccfc.ca and http://www.ccfa.org . I tried to condense for posting purposes here haha

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
R.
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Ryan

Post by R. »

Wow.....
I just got really sick...
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero

Post by wiggs1441 »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:
wiggs1441 wrote:

Drop me your email address through private messages and I can hook you up. It won't be until Friday at the earliest though, as I gotta rip the CD onto a computer that's actually hooked up to the internet ('cause mine is not right now...lame). I can send you the entire thing. (and no, this isn't me having a double standard. The band is indie, and they want the music whored out as best it can be). Just go see them live next time they play your area ;)
wiggs1441 wrote:i've wanted to ask for a long time. what is IBD, Grohn's and Colitis?
They're shitty (pun intended) diseases that inflame and cause ulcerations in your bowels/intestines. It hurts like Hell, causes you to have either insane and neverending diarrea - or insane constipation that hurts really, really badly. Doesn't sound like that bad, right? (although really, that alone IS really bad). It can also cause fistulas, which are like little pathways that grow from your intestines to other organs, or to your skin...and release POO into those organs or out your skin. This can obviously kill you pretty quickly, to be having shit in your liver, kidneys, etc.

It also leaves you dehydrated and malnourished from the diarrea and from your bowels being wounded and sore and therefore unable to digest the nutrients you need to live. You lose an insane amount of weight (I believe my dad has lost something like 75 lbs since diagnosis 5 years ago, and is still losing). It also causes osteoporisis, because you can't absorb calcium.

Anddd then there's the joy that there's really nothing they can do for you, save from a horrible infusion of medication that destroys your immune system completely and has various other awesome side effects, including stopping liver function. And even THAT drug doesn't work for everyone. Almost all people with IBD will have to have major surgery to remove portions of their bowels at some point in their lives. Some people (I know a girl who's 28 and has had 10 sugeries so far for IBD...she also now has a permanent ostomy bag...which is a bag that collects your poo because your bowels are too dead to do it for you...at 28 years old!). These surgeries often times can make matters worse, as less bowels = faster travel time through the system = less time to digest what you need...
If/when it gets really bad - you die.

Canada has the highest number of Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis cases in the entire world. And it is hitting people younger and younger as time goes on. I've met kids as young as 1 year old who are showing symptoms (and have it in their family), and as young as 4 who have full blown Crohn's Disease.

For more info, do a google search or check out sites like http://www.badgut.com or http://www.ccfc.ca and http://www.ccfa.org . I tried to condense for posting purposes here haha
WOOOO!!! just that neverending diarrea part sounds bad. thats pretty goddamn brutal.
tomhoppus is my Master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

...then there's the fact that flare-ups can (and usually do) cause horrible arthiritic flares as the two diseases are both auto-immune diseases that go hand in hand. You can be laid up with crippling pain in all your joints, yet still needing to get up and bolt for the bathroom within a seconds notice.

And then there's the skin rashes that come along with flare-ups, too. Usually they're on your legs, your groin, your armpits, and your eyes. Yes, you can get a rash on your eyeball.

And there's tons and tons of foods that you have to cut from your diet completely that most people take for granted. And there is no one strict diet that keeps everyone healthy - or even any one person healthy. Some days you're okay to eat chicken, other days it keeps you awake and in pain and on the crapper for days.

(sorry, I'm trying not to write a book here, but more stuff that needs to be written keeps coming to mind haha)

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

a girl from my school died of Crohn's. she was well over 175 pounds in grade 5 and 6, but in grade 7 she lost weight rapidly and looked anorexic. she died last year.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

NoReason27 wrote:a girl from my school died of Crohn's. she was well over 175 pounds in grade 5 and 6, but in grade 7 she lost weight rapidly and looked anorexic. she died last year.
:( That's awful.

It still blows my mind and makes me a little sick that such an aggressive and serious disease is 9/10 times never even been heard of until you or someone you love is diagnosed...

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero

Post by wiggs1441 »

this disease is brutal. if i can make it to this show ill come if not ill come to the next one. P.S what did you have to do to get the bands?
tomhoppus is my Master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

R.
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Ryan

Post by R. »

wiggs1441 wrote:this disease is brutal. if i can make it to this show ill come if not ill come to the next one. P.S what did you have to do to get the bands?
yah this deseise is brutal. But i wont be able to make it, my dad will nevr want to go to there, its an hour and a half from where i liv, but he doesnt like to drive hat long. And i too want to know, how did u get those bands to agree to play?
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

I'm a show organizer. I contact bands and their management and we discuss the show, the cause, etc.

I just happen to be friends with two amazing bands, both of which care about this cause and wanted in ;)

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero

Post by wiggs1441 »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:I'm a show organizer. I contact bands and their management and we discuss the show, the cause, etc.

I just happen to be friends with two amazing bands, both of which care about this cause and wanted in ;)
im guessing the bands are Brown brigade and Jen militia? DINGDING?
tomhoppus is my Master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote: It still blows my mind and makes me a little sick that such an aggressive and serious disease is 9/10 times never even been heard of until you or someone you love is diagnosed...
just curious, why are you involved with this? does someone you know have (had) one of these diseases?
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

My dad has Crohn's.
My dad's cousin has Ulcerative Colitis.
My grandmother has a different, less severe form of colitis.
My sister is currently undergoing testing to determine a diagnosis for her bowel issues.

The dad is the biggest factor, though. He was diagnosed I think about 4 years ago. He had symptoms for a good 20 years before that, though, that doctors chalked up to irritable bowels or bad food. He was diagnosed accidentally when being prepped to have his gall bladder removed. They thought it was the GB causing the doubled over pain and diarrea he was having...but during the prep one of the tests shows sketchy bowel action. They did more x-rays etc. and decided that along with his gall bladder, they needed to rip out 7 feet of his small bowel including his terminal illeum (the sphyncter that allows food to pass from small to large intestines when it's ready) immediately.

They took it out, tested it for cancer and Crohn's...and it came back as Crohn's.

He's never been in remission since. He's been sick every single day since the surgery. And he's lost circa 75lbs as I can figure it (he won't tell us the actual numbers).

And yeah..extemely nutshelled - that's why I am involved in this haha.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.