deryck's guitar

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Byzzy

deryck's guitar

Post by Byzzy »

hey i have an issue, so i was wondering if someone could help me:

1) i've got 4 guitars, 2 electrics (deryck's signature and an ibanez grx40) and 2 electric acustic, the thing is that i'm obsessed with guitars so i've been thinking about deryck's fender telecaster that he used in the video of we're all to blame.

I haven't found that guitar in that colour, but the stickers are pretty easy to get. The thing is that i can get the money for a Fender or a Squier, i love guitars but my parents will bug me for "wasting" my money in things that i already have and i also think that is kinda crazy since i'm not a musician, but who knows... I just live guitars so i don't know what to do...

ps: me and my band are gonna play a song at our school, so the people who organizes the event asked us what song we were gonna play, so we said the hell song, and since they don't like it they want us to play another song, i was so damn mad that i told them to fuck off. I Don't think we're finally gonna play cuz i won't change the song..
R.
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Ryan

Post by R. »

What type of guitar is that called that you're looking for?
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

man i LOVE that guitar. 8)
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

Sum41 wrote:What type of guitar is that called that you're looking for?
it's an fender american telecaster i think
R.
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Ryan

Post by R. »

Heres the closest guitar i could find:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=510593
goonday41

Post by goonday41 »

thats a fender american telecaster HH.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document ... 94&index=2
Blastero

Post by Blastero »

Yeah, the HH seems to be the closest thing on the market to that.

Looking closely at it, though, I'm thinking it may be an Esquire, or a custom model, because I don't see any signs of any sort of neck pickup on it.
nobrains41
Bunkface

Post by nobrains41 »

i love that guitar also!!!!!!!!,and i want it too

and your decision was the best,if they don´t want the song you´ve chosen,then fuck off,you´ll play the song your band want and not what the stupid authorities of school wants
"So how long has this gone on
I don't see this ending
It's too late we can't change
What has now begun
We act like it's not so bright
Why we are pretendng
We've been wrong for so long
We've known this all along"
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, I think it's a Telecaster HH in Pewter.

He probably took out the neck pickup and replaced it with a black pickguard without the cutout for a neck pickup. I don't know if he switched the bridge pickup to anything else, but I think it's likely.

He also changed the volume knob toa different one than the stock and took out the pickup selector switch and put the input jack where the tone knob should've been.

I wanted to make this guitar too, but I couldn't find any of the stickers, just the "kill the Pixies" one.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

Gunner wrote:Yeah, I think it's a Telecaster HH in Pewter.

He probably took out the neck pickup and replaced it with a black pickguard without the cutout for a neck pickup. I don't know if he switched the bridge pickup to anything else, but I think it's likely.

He also changed the volume knob toa different one than the stock and took out the pickup selector switch and put the input jack where the tone knob should've been.

I wanted to make this guitar too, but I couldn't find any of the stickers, just the "kill the Pixies" one.
dude the stickers are the easiest thing to find, i found them on the internet (it took me a day) or copied them from deryck's guitar and i fixed them on photoshop, once u have the pics, just print them with the best printer you can find, probably a laser printer and then. Don't forget that u have to use sticker paper
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Byzzy wrote:
Gunner wrote:Yeah, I think it's a Telecaster HH in Pewter.

dude the stickers are the easiest thing to find, i found them on the internet (it took me a day) or copied them from deryck's guitar and i fixed them on photoshop, once u have the pics, just print them with the best printer you can find, probably a laser printer and then. Don't forget that u have to use sticker paper
How did you find them so fast? Did you use Google or something?
Spencer
Hooch

Post by Spencer »

if you have enouigh money get a custom paint job
" I pledge the allegiance to the underclass as your hero at large "
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Spencer wrote:if you have enouigh money get a custom paint job
Isn't it just a pewter Telecaster HH?
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

link or pictures to stickers?
tomhoppus is my hero.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

^^ sorry but i don't have the stickers right now cause a virus deleted all my stuff, but i'll get them again, i had posted a lot of them at sum-times dammit
goonday41

Post by goonday41 »

btw, im a 10000% sure the pewter guitar is a HH. it just has the neck pickup taken out and an esquire pickguard. i have a few pics in a magazine that cleary say telecaster. and no, i cant upload em
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Byzzy wrote:^^ sorry but i don't have the stickers right now cause a virus deleted all my stuff, but i'll get them again, i had posted a lot of them at sum-times dammit
That sucks. Is the "Elvis" sticker on the pickguard Elvis Costello? And what's the "EW" sticker from?
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

^^ i have no idea what EW is, cuz i copied that sticker and resized it on photoshop, and yes, that one i think is elvis costello
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Man, it's times like these I wish Deryck's signature came in a package like the Joe Strummer signature. It's so convienient.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

what do u mean? that guitar is so ugly