Post your ideas for Sum 41 music videos

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Omega Myre
Bunkface

Post your ideas for Sum 41 music videos

Post by Omega Myre »

Yeah, whatever. I had a wierd idea for "Count Your Last Blessings" if it ever became a single...

It would start with a teenage boy standing alone in a baseball diamond while it is raining, fog, the works. Once the drums come in, Sum 41 would be seen performing in a dark school gym. It would go back and forth between the band performing, and the boy imagining fights with parents, teachers, girlfriends, etc.. Finally, when that "My own enemy, I don't hear you now" part starts, the school would start to collapse around Sum 41. When Stevo's drum roll goes, Sum 41 would be at the baseball diamond (I'm thinking around Home Plate). The ending piano outro would show the kid walking away into the fog.

I dunno. Post whatever ideas you guys might have. It doesn't have to be for Underclass Hero, could be for another song that should have been a single, in your opinion.
Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

rip off of stay together for the kids
justin41
First name: justin

Post by justin41 »

i dnt think thats a rip off from stftk its a hell gwd idea man i was lisening and putting it my mind ....awsome
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

With "Pull The Curtain", I'm totally thinking zombies and a living dead theme.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

I have a very sick idea for 'The Jester'. I will post it later.
DaRKSWeeNeY

Post by DaRKSWeeNeY »

I would like so much a great video of "The Jester" and at the end, it would have "Ma Poubelle" since "The Jester" is a short song.
I don't really know for The Jester's video but at the end we would see an old television and we would see Sum 41 dancing like gais and singing Ma Poubelle! :D
King of Contradiction
Bunkface

Post by King of Contradiction »

Phili wrote:With "Pull The Curtain", I'm totally thinking zombies and a living dead theme.
I'd love to see the guys become zombies like on the DTLI promo stuff.
dearyou_182
Dr. Dynamite
First name: RJ
n00b: God.
Location: I'll take out your garbage for you.....I'll start in my pants.

Post by dearyou_182 »

Nic wrote:I have a very sick idea for 'The Jester'. I will post it later.
:wink:
I'm the tower, you're the airplane.
If we could sit together a moment
and talk forever just to pass the time
i would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine
when your eyes are locked on mine
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Here's an in-depth look at my vision for The Jester music video, ready?

Beginning:
The beginning is actually the last moments of March of the Dogs (blah, blah, blah!) being played through the speakers of your typical giant big top circus tent. The song fades to the actual track for The Jester and we see Sum 41 playing in the catwalk area (not necessarily, but somewhere in the air that isn't the highest point of the tent).

Verse 1:
Scene switches to the tent's name, being "The Carnival of Sins: Featuring the Capitol Jesters" or something to that effect. Then we see the inside, the audience is packed full of everyone you would see at the circus except for clowns and jesters. No normal clothed people. The head Jester is dressed in a suit (picture a regular jester, just with a suit) and he leads the way followed by other clowns and jesters (minions of Capitol Hill).

Chorus 1, Verse 2, Chorus 2:
Then basically the clowns put on a bad performance under leadership of the head Jester. Many things go wrong, endangering the lives of the performers and the audience. Maybe some of his decisions can allure to real life events made by Bush to convey the fact that his song is about him. The audience of other circus performers begin to get restless and boo the show and they start to stir up chaos. In between all these events you can show Sum 41 performing the song.

La, la-la, la!:
All hell breaks loose at this point and it's the jesters vs. everyone else. A fire breaks out and fireworks start shooting off inside the tent. Jesters from ontop of the catwalk area dump bags of money onto the ground as a deterrent against the audience. Some audience members are shown grabbing the money instead of fighting.

La, la/Solo:
Ringmaster pretty much reminds everyone they are family but the head jester disagrees. The rest of the clowns and jesters realize the bad performance is all his fault and decide to attack him.

Dead-beat, six feet:
At this part the scenes switch from the jester's demise to Sum 41 playing. All the while more fireworks explode and the fire rages on. The last chorus is played and the last of the money is falling as we see the jester's feet looking down on the rest of the circus members (it becomes clear he was hung). And as the last chord is played we see the circus tent become engulfed in flames from a distance, fireworks galore.
Omega Myre
Bunkface

Post by Omega Myre »

Gunner.

Nice. Awesome. Sexy. Amazing.

Seriously, that's an awesome idea.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Gunner, this sounds very cool :D
Would like to see that one, definitely!
shivv_55

Post by shivv_55 »

Gunner that sounds great!
would fit the song perfectly... ii can picture it in my head
SWISH'S NOOB
formerly new_girl
Sum-41 Fan Girl

Post by Sum-41 Fan Girl »

That is awesome, Gunner :]

I have an idea for "Dear Father"

Address this letter to Dear Father
I know you as complete unknown
I guess it's better you don't bother
All our truths should be left alone

(Shows Deryck writing a letter, then switches from Deryck to some little boy who looks like Deryck who is writing, then continues switching back and forth)

I learned the things you never showed me
Took the chances you'd have blown
And to this day the one and only
You remain a complete unknown

(Shows the little boy trying to do homework [like math] or something, and the boy keeps erasing until he finally throws the paper in the trash and takes a pic from a table that has what looks like a grown man but his face is crossed out so you can't see it)

You're out there somewhere
I don't know if you care at all
It seems that you don't
It's as if the day will never come
So you remain a complete unknown

(Scene switches to Stevo and Cone playing on top of a bus [don't ask] and Deryck inside the bus with a letter in his hand [the one he is sending to his dad] and he is singing and looking out the window towards the camera)

So many years have been ignored
You've been gone without a trace
I'm getting used to knowing you're
Just a name without a face

(Scene switches back to the boy and this time he is posting up signs saying 'Help Find My Father' and then the scene switches and he is writing 'Dad= ?' or something like that on a piece of paper)

It seems that you don't

(The chorus repeats twice at this point, so it shows Deryck walking out of the bus, singing, then it switches to the little boy writing 'Why don't I have a dad?' or something to that effect. It switches continuously from Deryck walking and singing to the little boy writing all over his walls)

Address this letter to Dear Father
I know you as complete unknown
I guess it's better you don't bother
All our truths should be left alone

(The scene shows Deryck briskly walking to a building labeled 'Post Office' and him opening the doors)

It seems that you don't

(The chorus repeats twice again, so during that time we see the little boy messing up his room, throwing things all over the place and tearing things apart. Then, towards the end of 2nd chorus, it shows Deryck biting his lip and putting the envelope in the mail slot thingy)

I don't know if you care

(Shows a split screen with the little boy standing in the middle of his messed up room, and Deryck standing in the middle of the post office. Then at 'I don't know if you care' the camera zooms in [still a split screen] to both of their faces, and it shows a tear sliding down one cheek of each of their faces.)
Sum 41 Rox!!!
Omega Myre
Bunkface

Post by Omega Myre »

^^ Sweet.

I've got an idea for "Summer", I'll post it tomorrow, probably.
Sum-41 Fan Girl

Omega Myre wrote:^^ Sweet.

I've got an idea for "Summer", I'll post it tomorrow, probably.
cool, can't wait to see it :]
Sum 41 Rox!!!
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

how about one for King of contradiction where it's like somone being chased by some dinosour. pretty random
One of a Kind of Something
King of Contradiction
Bunkface

Post by King of Contradiction »

ma poubelle would be a good outro for a video. I can imagine this imagine the band in the fake stereotypical setting or backdrop of France. Deryck sat by a piano, cone and steve would be doing jokey french things kinda like an old fashioned comedy skit. It would be shot on an old camera to make it look old fashioned and bakc and white i guess.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Sum-41 Fan Girl, you're idea very cool and random, though i doubt they will release "Dear Father" as a single, cuz it's very personal song to Deryck, plus it's definitely not a fan favorite of the record.

Luke, your idea for KoC definitely random XD

and i liked the Ma Poubelle idea, King of Contradiction dude :D
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

I was thinking of an idea of The Jester, like a riot (with sum 41 as their leaders) and people running to find the jester and to kick the shit out of him. It's the first thing that came into my head haha .
Sum-41 Fan Girl

Hentaiman wrote:Sum-41 Fan Girl, you're idea very cool and random, though i doubt they will release "Dear Father" as a single, cuz it's very personal song to Deryck, plus it's definitely not a fan favorite of the record.

Luke, your idea for KoC definitely random XD

and i liked the Ma Poubelle idea, King of Contradiction dude :D
yeah, but i just thought it would be a nice song to do a music vid for. It is sad, and most sad songs make good videos :] And they are very touching
Sum 41 Rox!!!