Sum 41 / 13 Voices discussion

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: 13 Voices

Post by Andros »

So the previews will released soon?
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

No one knows.

I'm just saying that back in the SBM-days, we got previews like a week before the release.

That might be the same this time around, there might be no previews at all (which I'd prefer).
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Remember these working titles from the "Sum 41 enters studio" thread?
- Goddamn, I'm Dead Again
- 13 Voices
- God Save All
- Take It To The Grave
The last one was a working title of a song Tom had written. Well, just like Panic Attack became Screaming Bloody Murder, Take It To The Grave has become 13 Voices.

Just FYI.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

TomiT14 wrote:Remember these working titles from the "Sum 41 enters studio" thread?
- Goddamn, I'm Dead Again
- 13 Voices
- God Save All
- Take It To The Grave
The last one was a working title of a song Tom had written. Well, just like Panic Attack became Screaming Bloody Murder, Take It To The Grave has become 13 Voices.

Just FYI.
Nice fact but one question, so why is two times "13 Voices" and the working title? If "Take It To The Grave" is "13 Voices", and the first song is "13 Voices" it's confusing :hehe:
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Andros wrote:Nice fact but one question, so why is two times "13 Voices" and the working title? If "Take It To The Grave" is "13 Voices", and the first song is "13 Voices" it's confusing :hehe:
Take It To The Grave was revealed around Summer 2014.
Goddamn and 13 Voices were revealed around Fall 2015.

So Take It To The Grave had already evolved to 13 Voices by then, but we didn't know it until now. :silly:
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

So great that Tom took part in couple of songs. I'd love to see more of the guys writing songs for Sum record. Especially Cone's "Like Everyone else" would have been SO interesting to hear as faster Sum 41 song with Deryck singing, tho it's such a great song with Cone style & singing too! Wonder if they ever recorded Sum 41 version of that song?
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

Cone interview:
http://canadianbeats.ca/2016/09/16/audi ... of-sum-41/

Some new-ish points:
* After SBM tour Cone thought it might take even 10 years to get a new Sum 41 album out since the relationships had gone that bad
* 13 Voices one of the heaviest albums emotionally and up there musically too
* New production stuff on the upcoming tour, I guess lights and some other cool shit? Fire?
* 13 Voices in three words: Hopeful, energetic and Sum 41
* Cone has/had a Slovakian stalker, always in front of their tour bus with luggage, wanting to come with Cone and get married
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

about the 10 year break

biggest proof that deryck and stevo aren't friends anymore.

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

Stef wrote:about the 10 year break

biggest proof that deryck and stevo aren't friends anymore.
I agree. And to be honest, I've lost SO much respect for Stevo. From what we know and understand, he never reached out to Deryck during his stay in the hospital or the recovery process. That's really low on his part. I'm not taking any Sum 41 credit away from him and I still think he is an amazing drummer, but I'm sorry, when your best friend has a problem and hits rock bottom, you don't abandon them. Especially when it's someone you grew up with and was not just your band-mate, but practically your brother.

Also, looking at the way things are now, it's Stevo's loss. 13 Voices is very highly anticipated to be Sum 41's best album yet. The fact that Stevo wasn't part of it, well, he did that to himself.
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Post by sum41-freak »

I hope we can expect some album reviews in the next days/weeks.

Other bands who will bring out an album around the same time, have now many reviews in the net. Example Alter Bridge.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Same here, I hope some reviews in the next week, I want to read what some people says about the album, the songs.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I don't think we have the knowledge or the right to accuse Stevo of anything or judge their relationship. Yeah, maybe they're really not friend anymore, and maybe, just maybe, we can assume he's one of Deryck's 'friend' who wasn't there at his lowest point... but still don't think we can judge what he did and why. Personally, I can imagine a situation where Deryck was so fucked up by booze (before his collapse) that ruined the band and even their friendship, and after that Stevo wasn't in a hurry to visit him in hospital. Still, I'd like to think he did and came to Deryck, but maybe after he knew he was okay, didn't stay further to help his recovery and continued his life. I had some good friends, I totally lost contact with them in the last 1-2 years and yes, it's sad, but I wouldn't pay a visit if (God forbid!) something would happen to them. As they didn't give a fuck when shit happened to me this year.
Yeah, their friendship is/was old, but it doesn't mean that it is/was deep enough and I can understand if they got apart this far.

And I honestly don't expect much from reviews. Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the new album and I hope it will be great... but to have a critically acclaimed Sum 41 album? Don't think so. Not because of the band, but the critics and masses's opinions which are getting more and more predictable.
Not that it should matter to them: they have a loyal fan base, sold out shows and that's what they meet everyday. That's what counts.
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

Agreed, how do you even review music? It's silly. I know I'm into the band and the songs written by Deryck in the past so it's safe to except that I'll love it. Still listen all of the albums (Tho AKNF is my least favorite so I listen to that a bit less) and enjoy them. Judging by the songs out and comments like more depth with strings in the songs makes me super excited.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

samueeL wrote: * Cone has/had a Slovakian stalker, always in front of their tour bus with luggage, wanting to come with Cone and get married
HAHA! NO FUCKING WAY!

I met this girl on my second Sum 41 show in Prague 2010! I was waiting outside the bus with a few fans, and one of them was this girl from Slovakia who barely knew any English. After we had waited for about an hour or two outside, we decided to call it a night and leave, except for this girl with her luggage. I asked her why she was carrying her luggage at the show and if she had a place to stay. She insisted that she was going to spend the night at the bus. I thought she was joking, but she said that Cone knows her and it's all good. I was pretty sceptical, so she "proved" it by showing a MySpace reply from Cone a couple of months earlier. I don't remember the message she wrote him, but Cone's answer was "Cool, see you at the show!" or similar. I just couldn't believe she wasn't joking, and she insisted that she's okay and going to spend the night at the bus. So I just gave up and left her there.

I had totally forgotten about this. I thought it was just for the Prague show, I had no idea. :glad:
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Thanks so much for sharing this! It was such an insightful interview and interactive (On Cone's part: the interviewer bothered me and didn't really say anything following his responses). Content wise, I am overly excited for this new production we will be seeing! I've liked what I have noticed on the recent tour, and was hoping we'd get something similar--really heightens my anticipation even more, as if I didn't think that was possible! Haha. Also, yeah, funny Cone mentioned that Slovakia stalker because I was just enlightening a few newer fans about her just recently. :devious: I've saw some of the tweets he was mentioning, and I didn't know this was the same person. I bet she's loving all these mentions of her in interviews, because Cone is still thinking of her, but not in the way she hopes or sought out. LOL.
TomiT14 wrote:I thought she was joking, but she said that Cone knows her and it's all good. I was pretty sceptical, so she "proved" it by showing a MySpace reply from Cone a couple of months earlier. I don't remember the message she wrote him, but Cone's answer was "Cool, see you at the show!" or similar.
I'm laughing so hard over this! This is the best thing I've heard in all the years I've heard about this story/Stalker. Little does she know, he sent replies to many fans in the MySpace days. :hehe:
Shane41
First name: Shane
Post by Shane41 »

https://satualbum.com
Anyone ever use this site? I'm unsure if the so called leak is legit or not, I'm not posting the link at all just the site
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Re:

Post by samueeL »

Shane41 wrote:https://satualbum.com
Anyone ever use this site? I'm unsure if the so called leak is legit or not, I'm not posting the link at all just the site
If a site asks you to link your facebook/twitter/google whatever before you can download then it's fake and a scam.

Checked that site though and tried with account I quickly made. No links there for leak or anything. I'd imagine it's not gonna leak a while since Yellowcard is under the same record company and releasing album before Sums and that album hasn't leaked yet.

And as supporters of the band of course we don't want it to leak this early either :)
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

To be fair there are loads of sites like that say they have the leak but then ask you to do surveys, try and win iPhones and basically complete the seven wonders before they even consider making it look like they're going to give it to you.
Y'know, not that I ever go looking or anything...
In all seriousness though, October 7th has been burned into my brain as a day of happiness and joy ever since it was announced, so I'm not going to listen to any leaks this time lest the day lose all its meaning.
olipower

Post by olipower »

here is everything you should know about the new Sum 41 album...https://thatsrockingawsome.wordpress.co ... 13-voices/

Aaaaand, I can't wait!!...
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Fuck me, we've been waiting for over 5 years for a brand new record. 5 fucking years and I've been so patient all the time.

Now we're two weeks away, I'm starting to get all nervous, excited and annoyed at once.

What the fuck is wrong with me, it's just another 16 days.