Sum 41 / 13 Voices discussion

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Japanese tracklist:

Click to view the fullsize image.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs3cJWDVMAAIifk.jpg[/imgwidth]

The new version of War is circulating on twitter, nothing special. Just vocals of a different singer pasted on the same track. The Radio Radio cover intrigues me though. Perhaps a studio version of this:
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

ONE OK ROCK is actually huge in Japan - one of the most popular bands in there by far. I tell this based on the fact of having lived there. I can see this boosting the popularity of Sum 41 in Japan a LOT.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: 13 Voices

Post by Andros »

The leak is very close.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Andros wrote:The leak is very close.
Just speculation or have some information? ;)
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

samueeL wrote:Just speculation or have some information? ;)
:hehe: just speculation, because is almost the release date, the reviews are coming, maybe the previews too. But if I have something I will tell you.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re:

Post by SumGeek »

Mitchell wrote:The Radio Radio cover intrigues me though. Perhaps a studio version of this:
That's exactly the cover I thought of, too! Ever since hearing this soundcheck, I have always wished they put out a proper studio version of it, and now we might have one! :ohshiz:
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

I really like Elvis Costello(my best album is King of America), for me would be amazing if Sum 41 have done that cover.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Mitchell wrote:The new version of War is circulating on twitter, nothing special. Just vocals of a different singer pasted on the same track. The Radio Radio cover intrigues me though.
Nice find! How did you come across with it? :glad:

Can't find where to order it though. Found some Japanese versions, but only with the regular tracklist listed, so I'm not convinced to buy them yet.

Here's what Deryck had to say:
Deryck wrote:It was great to collaborate with Taka on our new song called War. I am a huge fan of his voice and of One Ok Rock and I think that our voices work very well together
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Just a hint (I don't have information it's just speculation) if there will be a leak, maybe that happen this week, just see the Green Day's new album leaked today so I think it's a matter of days that the leak is out. What do you think?
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

The way I see it more hype there is to album the easier it leaks. Review streams don't really leak much because of the watermarks. There's bunch of hype for Green Day album always so that leaks a bit earlier compared to other records. I think Green Day is probably a store leak since there record is 12 days away and stores are starting to get copies.

With Sum 41 there's less hype but still a lot so I can see it leak between monday and friday so very soon. Only thing that makes me doubt it is Yellowcard album hasn't leaked yet and it comes out this friday. Yellowcard is also Hopeless records album but at the same time there's less hype for it compared to Green Day or Sum 41 records.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

samueeL wrote:The way I see it more hype there is to album the easier it leaks. Review streams don't really leak much because of the watermarks. There's bunch of hype for Green Day album always so that leaks a bit earlier compared to other records. I think Green Day is probably a store leak since there record is 12 days away and stores are starting to get copies.

With Sum 41 there's less hype but still a lot so I can see it leak between monday and friday so very soon. Only thing that makes me doubt it is Yellowcard album hasn't leaked yet and it comes out this friday. Yellowcard is also Hopeless records album but at the same time there's less hype for it compared to Green Day or Sum 41 records.
Agree with you, so just have to wait and see what happen this week.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Andros wrote:just see the Green Day's new album leaked today
This is great news, now I can listen to Revolution Radio for twelve days, get sick of it, and then spend all my attention on 13 Voices when it comes out. :silly:
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Jeremy Kill wrote:This is great news, now I can listen to Revolution Radio for twelve days, get sick of it, and then spend all my attention on 13 Voices when it comes out. :silly:
I don't like many of the songs of RR, don't know what but I don't feel that emotion in some songs :hehe: I'm just waiting for news in this week :holyshit:
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

well RR sucks, so 13V will be great

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Can't say RR suck, although nothing surprise at all. Feels like they pick some elements from their preivous albums and combine them all. Not bad, but nothing new or exciting.
I only went through once, so far I like Revolution Radio, Still Breathing and Ordinary World (I actually got interested in his movie) and there's potential in other songs to grew on me.
Hope 13 Voices will have bigger impact on me.
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

Well, after AmericanIdiot, it's all the same. 21ST is just AI part 2 (kinda), the trio is just shit (32 songs, but only 12 good, with mostly a lot of AI/21st kinda songs. And this is just the same again..

That 6 minute song is like Jesus of Subarbia part 4 or 5. I'm so sick of them doing the same thing again and again.

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
The Jester
First name: Rick

Post by The Jester »

I loved Say Goodbye and liked Forever Now, the rest was just meh to ok really. Nothing hitting me close as much as FMOD
Roach41
First name: Fernando

Post by Roach41 »

Do u guys know when will the orders from PledgeMusic start shipping? I'm from Perú so I guess they should be doing it this week?
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

Hi, i think we wouldnt talk about Revolution Radio in this Topic, There is a topic about Green Day in this page. I do not want to be unfriendly but this should not be the thread to talk about them.
I'm sorry if it bothers you my comment