Stevo Has Quit Sum 41

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Re:

Post by Tyler. »

Andros wrote:It's over guys
That's what I'm thinking. This is pretty sad :(
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Well, it was a nice run this band had. Hopefully they can continue making music, maybe this will be eye opening for Deryck that he can't just cancel every tour he embarks on, and maybe he'll give a damn moving forward.

My assumption is that the guy just got tired of the inconsistencies, and potentially the destructive behavior that goes on within the band. Maybe I'm wrong, but jesus christ there isn't a band in the world that shoots themselves in the foot quite like Sum 41 continues to do. Good luck to these guys.

Also, what did I miss? Why is cladam banned? No wonder nothing happens here anymore.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Re: Stevo Quit?!?!

Post by wiggs1441 »

There is so much going through my head at the moment. Damn this sucks. Let's hope they continue making music.
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Jeremy Kill
Re:

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Trainwreck wrote:Well, it was a nice run this band had. Hopefully they can continue making music, maybe this will be eye opening for Deryck that he can't just cancel every tour he embarks on, and maybe he'll give a damn moving forward.

My assumption is that the guy just got tired of the inconsistencies, and potentially the destructive behavior that goes on within the band. Maybe I'm wrong, but jesus christ there isn't a band in the world that shoots themselves in the foot quite like Sum 41 continues to do. Good luck to these guys.

Also, what did I miss? Why is cladam banned? No wonder nothing happens here anymore.
Heh, Adam getting banned is news to me too.
Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan

Post by Ashasx »

Jesus this is devastating.

Just so sad right now. Nothing going right.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Spoke with Deryck on the phone shortly after this was announced. I think Steve is just burned out from all of the touring. D made it seem like work on the next album is still happening.
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

Well.. This sucks.
I hope Stevo will be happy in whatever he's going to do now.
If this had happened few years ago I would have said it's over for Sum 41, but the Sum 41 today is pretty much a "Deryck Project", I dunno' if it matters who is playing the drums.
Though I wonder how Fat Lip is going to turn out.. Pain for Pleasure is no-more I guess..
Spoke with Deryck on the phone shortly after this was announced. I think Steve is just burned out from all of the touring. D made it seem like work on the next album is still happening.
Sounds good.
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I am sobbing. No not really, but this sucks. :(
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

He is getting old with a family. I saw this coming to be fair.
[donate][/donate]
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Re:

Post by gejmik »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:He is getting old with a family. I saw this coming to be fair.
I would've agreed if I wasn't watching the tour videos. From those, it didn't seem to me that he's at the end. It looked like he's enjoying everything more than others.

I'm not going to write anything, I'm still absorbing the information and I cannot believe it. Stevo was my favourite member of the band. The funniest and the most entertaining member. It really won't be the same.. I'm glad I had a chance to meet him.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Well, this sucks for the band but might be for the best for Steve. He has a kid and probably needs to be somewhere else than on the road.
silverdolphin
Hooch
First name: Zee
Instrument 2: Keyboard
Instrument 3: Bass

Post by silverdolphin »

I first thought it was Tom before I continued reading, or Deryck even. Not the best news to wake up to. I hope Stevo's happy in whatever he decides to do.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Jesus Christ... this is something shocking. Just sorta came out of nowhere. The band is never going to be the same without Stevo in an even bigger way that it will never be the same without Dave. Stevo was a huge part of the band and it's going to be very different without him.

Having said that, I don't think this will see the end of Sum 41; Deryck (health issues aside) seems to be at the height of his writing career, and the others seem to be having a great time.

I suppose the real question is - why? I can understand the whole 'create differences' thing when Dave left, but Stevo didn't play the same kind of role in the band. I'm thinking this is to do much more with Stevo's personal life (either his relationship with the band or his relationship with the family).

Either way, I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavours, and hope that the other band members find a way to continue in spite of this huge loss.

Edit: Just read Nic's post; that seems like the most likely cause. The band do tour a hell of a lot, and they haven't seem significant downtime in ages.
fuck this signature nonsense
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Holy fuck... when I saw this one facebook I couldn't see the end of the text and who wrote it at first so I had no idea who wanted to quit. But STEVE? I mean it makes sense that he has a kid and he wants to be with family but holy fuck. Sum 41 seems to be his second family too. Didn't see this one coming.

I really hope they'll continue make music and one day Stevo will join back when he's ready.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

samueeL wrote:one day Stevo will join back when he's ready.
I hope so too, but, realistically, it's just not going to happen. Stevo directs and produces as a hobby and he hasn't got any financial reason to work full-time again so I'm guessing that from now on it's just going to be him and his family.

Hopefully in about a year's time (or more - this is Sum 41 after all), they will have a fresh start - a new drummer, a new label, a new album and a new tour. This is just a really unfortunate way to end the second big cycle in the band's career.
fuck this signature nonsense
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Re: Re:

Post by Boni »

gejmik wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:He is getting old with a family. I saw this coming to be fair.
I would've agreed if I wasn't watching the tour videos. From those, it didn't seem to me that he's at the end. It looked like he's enjoying everything more than others.

I'm not going to write anything, I'm still absorbing the information and I cannot believe it. Stevo was my favourite member of the band. The funniest and the most entertaining member. It really won't be the same.. I'm glad I had a chance to meet him.
"Old" wasn't really the word I was trying to emphasise, it was "family".
[donate][/donate]
peacock41
Hooch
First name: Ryan
Post by peacock41 »

lets face it ,.. its over Sum 41 is now just D and Cone really

either theres been a fall out and the back story is a cover up and this is the truth

or stevo is just sick of D never growing up .. still partying like he is 20.. always fucking up is back and cancelling tours a lot
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

I was in school when they announced this so I'm just learning about this now ... I honestly don't know what to say ... I mean when dave left it was indeed a big deal, but everybody knew kinda that he wasn't happy in the band. But steve ?? I would have never imagined this could happen.

If it really was because he wanted to spend more time with his family I guess he would have written that in his announcement ? So I assume there's more to it...
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Post by DeryckW »

Well, this came as a shock. Just like many of you already pointed out it feels like The Sum we all grown up with and loved is done, for now. Hopefully we'll see a reunion tour in the future.
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »