Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

A poem.

Post by Jables »

I found it on the interwebz and apparently it's from a book which I can't remember the name of and it was written by a terminally ill girl (although the book wasn't), it really meant something to me and I don't usually like poetry cos I don't normally get it, ah well here it is:

Have you ever watched kids
On a merry-go-round?

Or listened to the rain
Slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly’s erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You’d better slow down.
Don’t dance so fast.

Time is short.
The music won’t last.

”Do you run through each day
On the fly?”

When you ask “How are you?”
Do you hear the reply?

When the day is done
Do you lie in your bed

With the next hundred chores
Running through your head?

You’d better slow down.
Don’t dance so fast.

Time is short.
The music won’t last.

Ever told your child,
We’ll do it tomorrow?

And in your haste,
Not see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch,
Let a good friendship die

Cause you never had time
To call and say “Hi”?

You’d better slow down.
Don’t dance so fast.

Time is short.
The music won’t last.

When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there.

When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift….Thrown away.

Life is not a race.
Do take it slower

Hear the music
Before the song is over.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Re: A poem.

Post by SickofEveryone »

Eh, not bad. Mostly true.
Jables
Chuck

Post by Jables »

Probably cos until the last year or so, I've been taking life for granted, then something changed and now I realise its value and how lucky we all are to be here cos of all the things that had to happen to get things just right for our conception and then for us to beat all the other spermies, it just makes me feel so happy and I don't want to waste it, and this poem just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
I may sound all stupid like I'm trying to sound all smart and philosophical, but I'm not, it's just how I feel :happy:
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Well, the poem is accurate in which we should all live life to the fullest and enjoy what we have. But i think if all we are is reflective and thankful, and appreciative all the time- we never actually LIVE or EXPERIENCE life. Now- i'm not saying that i dont give a crap about anything im lucky to have cause thats not true..I live for today. But that doesnt mean i dont think about tommorow. After all- im not really given a choice. Im not very philosophical so- the way i plan on living, is LIVING. EXPERIENCE. RISKS. MISTAKES. ACHIEVING. and STRIVING. all on my own. And if i fall i'll take it all, its so easy after all :winkwink:

Just live. Dont always think "am i happy?" cause then you'll never truly be happy :happy: you just gotta relax, and take in whatever each day holds for you. And never think too hard, cause then you'll never walk straight.

I experience. and save the appreciation untill after i've lived the moment.
Jables
Chuck

Post by Jables »

I do agree with you to a certain extent, but if we don't question our own happiness, then we may never find it. Someone who is perfectly content going along in life without really thinking about it (like I was) will never find their true happiness, one that they may well realise on their deathbed but then it will be too late. I try to live so I never have to have that realisation :happy: Kinda like on Yes Man (silly to be basing a chunk of my philosophy on life on a film, but it is so true)
SickofEveryone
Chuck

Post by SickofEveryone »

Dr. Cliterus of Ponty wrote:I do agree with you to a certain extent, but if we don't question our own happiness, then we may never find it. Someone who is perfectly content going along in life without really thinking about it (like I was) will never find their true happiness, one that they may well realise on their deathbed but then it will be too late. I try to live so I never have to have that realisation :happy: Kinda like on Yes Man (silly to be basing a chunk of my philosophy on life on a film, but it is so true)
^ True this! :2cool4u:

I'm at the point in my life where I released I've never been really happy. I've never had a best friend, I never been able to find a punk band or a rock band or never been able to share my music with anyone else, I'm always the outcast at school or at any place, and my parents are divorcing ( finally!!!!) and my dad is being a dick about it....Ugh.....
Jables
Chuck

Post by Jables »

SickofEveryone wrote:
Dr. Cliterus of Ponty wrote:I do agree with you to a certain extent, but if we don't question our own happiness, then we may never find it. Someone who is perfectly content going along in life without really thinking about it (like I was) will never find their true happiness, one that they may well realise on their deathbed but then it will be too late. I try to live so I never have to have that realisation :happy: Kinda like on Yes Man (silly to be basing a chunk of my philosophy on life on a film, but it is so true)

I'm at the point in my life where I released I've never been really happy. I've never had a best friend, I never been able to find a punk band or a rock band or never been able to share my music with anyone else, I'm always the outcast at school or at any place, and my parents are divorcing ( finally!!!!) and my dad is being a dick about it....Ugh.....
I know partially where you're coming from, I never really had any friends when I was younger (certainly not a best friend) and I was horribly bullied by my entire year group many times, for the whole year sometimes, I was always the kid on the side who was ignored or thrown abuse at, and my mum kept telling me that I wasn't the problem and that they would grow up and I would find people who weren't like them, and I did. You just need to find the right group of people who don't treat you like an outcast, and then all the past badness (if that's a word) will melt from memory believe me :happy: And this is all very hypothetical, but I am planning on taking a trip to America in a couple of years with a friend or two, and we could come see you and I can give you that game of chess or whatever, y'know in the spirit of living life to the fullest and all :silly: And you aren't an outcast here :glad:
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Dr. Cliterus of Ponty wrote:
SickofEveryone wrote:

I know partially where you're coming from, I never really had any friends when I was younger (certainly not a best friend) and I was horribly bullied by my entire year group many times, for the whole year sometimes, I was always the kid on the side who was ignored or thrown abuse at, and my mum kept telling me that I wasn't the problem and that they would grow up and I would find people who weren't like them, and I did. You just need to find the right group of people who don't treat you like an outcast, and then all the past badness (if that's a word) will melt from memory believe me :happy: And this is all very hypothetical, but I am planning on taking a trip to America in a couple of years with a friend or two, and we could come see you and I can give you that game of chess or whatever, y'know in the spirit of living life to the fullest and all :silly: And you aren't an outcast here :glad:
see me too man :2cool4u: hit Long island!
anyways...I think that if we all went to same school let alone live in the same country- us 3 would be amazzing. We'd be an epic possy.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

hey there's nothing wrong with basing your philosophy on life ona movie, my motto is Hakuna matata live and let live , that's waht the spanish version said at least
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Studying Carol Ann Duffy, I hate modern poetry. I'm sorry, but it's a load of rubbish. What would Keats say?
fuck this signature nonsense
SickofEveryone
Chuck

Post by SickofEveryone »

cladam41 wrote:
Dr. Cliterus of Ponty wrote:
SickofEveryone wrote:

see me too man :2cool4u: hit Long island!
anyways...I think that if we all went to same school let alone live in the same country- us 3 would be amazzing. We'd be an epic possy.
Thanks guys! IT would be awesome to meet you in person! :2cool4u: