Kerrang! Tour 2012

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Kerrang! Tour 2012

Post by TomiT14 »

Gregorovich wrote:They just did a US tour. The UK haven't seen them in years.
Well, they have done as much US touring as UK touring. As in Eastpak equals to Warped.

You can't call Warped their US tour, especially when they only played four (?) shows this year. And they only played like 3-4 shows at the time of the album release. Excluding Warped Tour this and last year, the previous US tour was in 2007. The previous UK tour excluding the 5-6 shows on Eastpak was in 2008, so I don't follow you with your quote.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

New Found Glory, Sum 41 and letlive in one night, this is going to be awesome.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Bobbyjames wrote:New Found Glory, Sum 41 and letlive in one night, this is going to be awesome.
[donate][/donate]
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

What about Belgium then??

They may have played 4 times in Belgium in a year, that doesn't mean they have to forget it now..

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

TomiT14 wrote:
Well, they have done as much US touring as UK touring. As in Eastpak equals to Warped.

You can't call Warped their US tour, especially when they only played four (?) shows this year. And they only played like 3-4 shows at the time of the album release. Excluding Warped Tour this and last year, the previous US tour was in 2007. The previous UK tour excluding the 5-6 shows on Eastpak was in 2008, so I don't follow you with your quote.
I don't think that Easpak equals to Warped. They were never headliners in Warped (not last year, nor this year) so they played a 30 minutes set of 8-9 songs only, while in Eastpak last year they actually headlined the tour, and as you remember they played varied sets from around 16 to 18-19 songs, even playing on some dates No Reason and No Brains. So Eastpak was pretty much a headlining European tour for them, I think even their first European headlining tour in 2010, and they had like 7 dates in the UK so I don't think it's that bad. In the US they haven't played a headlining show since 2007, except the 7-8 shows in March like the album release show in Pomona, so I think US fans deserve a Sum 41 show more haha.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

I don't think that Easpak equals to Warped. They were never headliners in Warped (not last year, nor this year) so they played a 30 minutes set of 8-9 songs only, while in Eastpak last year they actually headlined the tour, and as you remember they played varied sets from around 16 to 18-19 songs, even playing on some dates No Reason and No Brains. So Eastpak was pretty much a headlining European tour for them, I think even their first European headlining tour in 2010, and they had like 7 dates in the UK so I don't think it's that bad. In the US they haven't played a headlining show since 2007, except the 7-8 shows in March like the album release show in Pomona, so I think US fans deserve a Sum 41 show more haha.
Yeah, you're totally right. Eastpak was way more Sum 41's tour than Warped. So I don't understand what Gregor means by "recent US tour" or "haven't toured in UK for ages".
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

the Eastpak tour still counts as a tour, just a sponsored tour.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

Yeah, you're totally right. Eastpak was way more Sum 41's tour than Warped. So I don't understand what Gregor means by "recent US tour" or "haven't toured in UK for ages".
I just mean that, if look at the time span between 2008 and now, the Sums have been to the UK once as part of the Eastpak tour. On the other hand, how many times have they visited the US since then?
fuck this signature nonsense
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

tickets purchased. BOOM.
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

Bobbyjames wrote:tickets purchased. BOOM.
Where from? (possibly a stupid question but ah well)
Edit: Nevermind I've ordered them now :D
Last edited by Jables on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

I must get to see this, gonna be sweet. Guildhall, Southampton again I think it'll be :D

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

Gregorovich wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

I just mean that, if look at the time span between 2008 and now, the Sums have been to the UK once as part of the Eastpak tour. On the other hand, how many times have they visited the US since then?
Well, I guess technically yeah, they were more in the US since the UH tour in 2007-2008, while the UK only had Eastpak they were in the US already a few times, but never on a headlining tour, so seeing them playing only 8 songs as part of a festival isn't really that good... I mean, it's better than nothing for anyone who haven't seen the Sums, but it's really not equals Eastpak which was headlining and they played like 18 songs there every night.
Though except Warped 2010, no other US tour was major. They did like 8 random dates around the release of the album and 3 dates in Warped 2011 before cancelling.
Adary

Post by Adary »

I've just purchased my tickets for Bristol!!! I love UK so it's a good reason to come back :glad:
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I'm going through another NFG phase. I WANT TO CRY.
Jables
Chuck

Post by Jables »

Gutter Dreams wrote:I'm going through another NFG phase. I WANT TO CRY.
Same, except I don't wanna cry cos I'm seeing them in february :2cool4u:
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction

Dr. Cliterus of Ponty wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:I'm going through another NFG phase. I WANT TO CRY.
Same, except I don't wanna cry cos I'm seeing them in february :2cool4u:

Zell1010
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Post by Zell1010 »

London sold out. Lame.

Gonna have to resort to either Soton and crashing at a uni mates house, or somehow getting a ticket for a decent price (not on Viagogo atm - £59 for cheapest!)
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction

I'll have to get my Southy ticket sooner rather than later then, bloody hell. There's too much to pay for atm.

Jables
Chuck

Post by Jables »

I paid £20 odd for mine :glad:
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

Shelley41 wrote:Soooooooooooooooooo that is why I should live in England.