A Different Guitar Sound

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

A Different Guitar Sound

Post by FuckT41182 »

this is a band called The Bridgeheads(former name was The Bridge) who were pretty fucking doing they're own thing ...

the reason of this thread being named as it is named is that they have no bass guitar(on their last album called Foreigners) and to compensate for the lack of bass guitar, Tomas plays an octave guitar with no A-string, adding some deep and soft touches. - And I was just interested what do you think about it ? I think it's pretty awesome ...

here's two songs in which there still is a bass guitar from the times they were still called The Bridge
and here's three songs with no bass guitar, but with the compensation that I've mentioned above, the videos are made by the singer himself, btw : I totally admire how he works with his voice
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Re: A Different Guitar Sound

Post by SickofEveryone »

I really enjoyed them. I really liked The Bridgeheads. Never heard of them before now.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: A Different Guitar Sound

Post by FuckT41182 »

if you have problems with getting their things, albums, just PM me, I'll upload them for you and send you the links, they have one EP called Things, last album called Foreigners(both while being under the name of the Bridgeheads) and they also have two albums coming from the time they were called The Bridge, and they're really awesome too ...

What I totally love about this band is that they can't do more to show their hunger for originality, trying to be one of a kind, and also they really wanted to do it their own way...They moved to England to make their last album(I've read that the last half a year of making it they were in total isolation so that nothing would distract them) and when it was finally done, they were offered a good deal by one of the British labels, but there were circumstances under which they were supposed to make their music, and so on and so on, so The Bridgeheads refused to sign with them ...

this band shows me how much you can really love music and art, that's why it sounds strange to me when people say that they are bad cause they're not famous, or they are bad cause they don't have money an so on ...

the latest album can be downloaded on their website
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge