SBM Best Seller

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

hellsong41
First name: Chris

SBM Best Seller

Post by hellsong41 »

Ok, so I went to Target the other day (btw if you don't know, it's a store that sells clothes, food, electronics, and stuff), and I saw SBM there. In the BEST SELLERS SECTION. I nearly had a happiness spasm, because Target is a store that only sells mainstream crap. I'm really happy their new album has a good amount of success. Discuss! :glad:
Last edited by hellsong41 on Wed May 18, 2011 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Believe me, it's alright.
It's so easy after all...
pescidavid
First name: David
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: SBM Best Seller

Post by pescidavid »

hellsong41 wrote:Ok, so I went to Target the other day (btw if you don't know, it's a store that sells clothes, food, electronics, and stuff), and I saw SBM there. In the BEST SELLERS SECTION. I nearly had a happiness spasm, because Target is a store that only sells mainstream crap. I'm really happy their new album has a good amount of success. Discuss! :glad:
Yeah I just got back from school and started working there again (in the electronics) and I noticed we carried it now. I was very pleased to see it there. I'm really happy for them, hope it continues to do well.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Anyone have a ballpark figure on the total sales of the album so far? Curious.
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter

Post by Peterr »

Probably a mistake.
ruj551

Post by ruj551 »

I work at target in the electronics section and for like 2 months straight i kept checking our books to see if SBM had a release date. Finally the day came when the album was suppose to drop and it didn't even make it on the new releases section. It went straight to the best sellers. Kinda made me upset because older albums were being displayed on that section while SBM was pretty much hidden from the public.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Peterr wrote:Probably a mistake.
This.

It's really not doing that well..
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

There's a Best Buy here that doesn't even have the album. It had maybe 10 or 12 copies at the most on the release date. Once they were all gone they were never replaced. I just went to check today and there was nothing. To be fair, the music section is shit at this Best Buy. It was only ever in the "New Releases" at HMV. I haven't seen it as a "Best Seller" there yet.
Hoocher
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hoocher »

Well, in Israel, the album got a lot of good critics, I read about 4 different arcitcles and they were all good. It sells well, at least in a music store I was at. Clearly made my day.
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

Meh, it did pretty poorly in the UK. Did alright in thr Rock Charts for a couple if weeks and then vanished out of the top whatever

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Chart Position from Wikipedia
Australia Top 50 Digital Albums 11
Australia Top 50 Physical Albums 18
Australian Albums Chart 16
Austrian Albums Chart 23
Canadian Albums Chart 09
Dutch Albums Chart 100
France Albums Chart 25
German Albums Chart 23
Japanese Albums Chart 07
Spain Albums Chart 35
Swiss Albums Chart 21
UK Albums Chart 66
UK Rock Albums 05
U.S. Billboard 200 31
U.S. Billboard Rock Albums 05
U.S. Billboard Alternative Album 05
U.S. Billboard Digital Albums 15

I mean, I still want to see total sales, but I definitely wouldnt say the album was a flop.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

MetalMilitant41 wrote:Meh, it did pretty poorly in the UK. Did alright in thr Rock Charts for a couple if weeks and then vanished out of the top whatever
On my HMV they had just some copies of it, they were in "new releases", but at the very bottom, so...
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by Hentaiman »

Hoocher wrote:Well, in Israel, the album got a lot of good critics, I read about 4 different arcitcles and they were all good. It sells well, at least in a music store I was at. Clearly made my day.
Really? I haven't even seen the album here in local stores in Netanya haha, and haven't seen any Israeli reviews or articles about it. You should link me up O:
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

66 in the UK album chart is poor. then again this album had fuck all promotion over here.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

on March 29th when it was released, my Target had it in the Best Sellers when it should be in New Releases, in other words, Target doesn't care where they put it, Best Buy did the same thing (they had it in the "S's", not out front)
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Bobbyjames wrote:66 in the UK album chart is poor. then again this album had fuck all promotion over here.
Yeah, it kind of had fuck all promotion in general. However, I did notice that Screaming Bloody Murder got a lot of decent radio play here. More than Underclass Hero and about the same amount as In Too Deep and Still Waiting.
Hoocher
Bunkface

Post by Hoocher »

Hentaiman wrote:
Hoocher wrote:Well, in Israel, the album got a lot of good critics, I read about 4 different arcitcles and they were all good. It sells well, at least in a music store I was at. Clearly made my day.
Really? I haven't even seen the album here in local stores in Netanya haha, and haven't seen any Israeli reviews or articles about it. You should link me up O:
Well, I've seen couple of articles in "Maariv La-noar" and also on the msn israeli news once. Plus, the writers said they've listened to the album and it was awesome so I bet they did not specially order it and I've also seen it in a small store in Tel Aviv, but yeah it was at the S's section nothing special.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Bobbyjames wrote:66 in the UK album chart is poor. then again this album had fuck all promotion over here.
Yeah, it kind of had fuck all promotion in general. However, I did notice that Screaming Bloody Murder got a lot of decent radio play here. More than Underclass Hero and about the same amount as In Too Deep and Still Waiting.
Who listens to the radio?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

kILLDR3n wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Who listens to the radio?
Some people do and it's better than nothing.