YOUR Screaming Bloody Murder!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Re: YOUR Screaming Bloody Murder!

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Nirvana41 wrote:Reasons to believe (No slow down, 2nd chorus and solo)
Skumfuk (change the vocals in the begining he's obviously trying to sound like Gerard Way.. :suicide: )
Time for you to go (the vocals after the solo are too soft it sounds weird and doesnt fit the song)
Jessica Kill (Verses shouldve been better)
What am I to say (Chorus less poppy)
Holy Image of Lies (2nd chorus, and second verse before they go into the whole dun dun dun part)
Sick of everyone (the first verse wtf? it kills the whole song, and doesnt sound anything like sum 41)
Crash (chorus lyrics couldve used more work)
Blood in my eyes (By far the best guitar on the album yet the chorus isnt dynamic in any way. They shouldve made a less emo one, and the riff at the end shouldve been added)

I can finally say this album sucks. Its been over a month since it came out. Every other album i was sucked in right away (besides UH but i loved it after i gave it a full listen) I never listen to it. I really wanted to love this album and i tried hard to love it, even put it in replay a couple of times... but its not what it used to be. Im gonna be so pissed if the next album turns out the same.
HappinessMachine41
Bunkface
First name: Joao

Post by HappinessMachine41 »

Once Upon a Time... wrote:
espinozac182 wrote:
ThanksForTheVenom wrote:I'd get rid of all these Sum 41 songs and add any new Blink 182 demos in existence.
i love you?
No, you don't. I promise that you do not love him.

I'd remove the slow part in Reason To Believe. It takes so much away from the track. Just pisses me off.
I'd remove the new intro to Skumfuk. It's unnecessary and doesn't even sound very good.
I'd remove some songs completely (What Am I To Say?, Baby You Don't Wanna Know, for example). The album is lengthy and contains the usual Sum 41 filler songs that just make it sound dragged and boring.

I can't think of too many other specifics, but I am sure if I still listened to this album, I'd find plenty more. It's too bad most of the REALLY strong tracks were released before the album hit.
Sorry but i don't agree with you. The new intro of Skumfuk sound very good and give a lot of originality. Baby you don't wanna know was one of the most praised songs by the critics... I don't think that Sum 41 got filler songs in this album. Well, this is JUST my opinion. You have yours...
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 17/02/2011 - Lisboa, Coliseu
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 19/02/2011 - Oporto, Hard Club

'All that is said has been said'
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

My take on the whole thing:
Remove the slow part in Reason To Belive and let the track keep the fast tempo and instead make a nice transition with SBM's slow intro.
Remove the new intro to Skumfuk
BYDWK, Exit Song and What am i to say should be scrapped alltogether.

That would make the record alot better to me, especially since BYDWK and TFYTG is so similar it's really unnecessary to have both and WAITS sounds to much like With Me.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Emil wrote:My take on the whole thing:
Remove the slow part in Reason To Belive and let the track keep the fast tempo and instead make a nice transition with SBM's slow intro.
Remove the new intro to Skumfuk
BYDWK, Exit Song and What am i to say should be scrapped alltogether.

That would make the record alot better to me, especially since BYDWK and TFYTG is so similar it's really unnecessary to have both and WAITS sounds to much like With Me.
Totally agree with all of what you said, except for getting rid of BYDWK, and that piano in Reason to Believe (the part we heard in the updates) is too damn good to throw away! :suicide:
fuck this signature nonsense
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

There's not a thing that I would change, no possible mistakes that I'd undo.
Nirvana41
First name: Michal
Instrument 1: Electric guitar
Instrument 2: Acoustic guitar
Instrument 3: Bass Guitar
Last.fm Username: Nirvana41

Post by Nirvana41 »

Gregorovich wrote:
Nirvana41 wrote: Morale of the story is, learn to appreciate works for what they are, and not what you want them to be. :winkwink:
I know that. Its not only that i wish it sounded different its just that this album sounded the most amateurish out of all of them. As a band progresses you're supposed to hear more signs of talent yet this one doesn't. A good example is the tempo changes. Im not complaining that it gets softer or slower its that the transition isnt good at all, it sounds like songs i would write before i was good at guitar, it would just sound weird and out of place like lots of parts in songs on this album. Also Sum 41 has always been capable of writing better lyrics.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Nirvana41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
Nirvana41 wrote: Morale of the story is, learn to appreciate works for what they are, and not what you want them to be. :winkwink:
I know that. Its not only that i wish it sounded different its just that this album sounded the most amateurish out of all of them. As a band progresses you're supposed to hear more signs of talent yet this one doesn't. A good example is the tempo changes. Im not complaining that it gets softer or slower its that the transition isnt good at all, it sounds like songs i would write before i was good at guitar, it would just sound weird and out of place like lots of parts in songs on this album. Also Sum 41 has always been capable of writing better lyrics.
anything you say doesn't matter; Deryck doesn't give a fuck. he writes what he wants, and they're not going to change that to please anyone.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Nirvana41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
Oh sounds like something you'd write? I don't really see you with a major record deal or world tour or anything..?

Nub.

Judging solely by your posts in this thread I'd have to say you don't really know that much about music and its composition..
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

These days are strange, its true.
Theres not a thing that i would change,
No mistakes that I'd undo
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Taken out What am I to Say

Put A Dark Road Out Of Hell starting at track 3 and then Skumfuk after it and the rest the same.

Exit Song a better song....I dunno how, make it way more depressing than it is, but only like 50 seconds long

End happiness machines at 4:05 after the loud chords at the end, no quiet bit following.

Reason to Believe needs a solo.

As Dave said, more "fun", so more crazy guitar stuff. It seems like they're trying to be more heavy but they don't want to go into any sort of metal genre so they just leave stuff at power chords instead of some fun guitar stuff.

Baby You Don't Wanna Know and Time For You To Go as bonus tracks, I like them but the album would be better with them at the end after the "abums" over.