P90X!

Whatever you want to talk about!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: P90X!

Post by SumGeek »

I always wondered if those worked and gave actually great results that people were satisfied with. I also knew this wasn't a post by a bot because this user has posted here before, soo. :p
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Cool! So it actually works, huh? I've been thinking about doing it, but I wasn't sure if it was just one of those late night TV ad scams or if it was legitimate. I'm quite bored of the workout I've been doing for the past few months now already.
it always works , if you won't do any exceptions , and many people do, and then they say it doesn't work, they like to forget all the rules they've broken ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Susanne
Goon

Post by Susanne »

FuckT41182 wrote:it always works , if you won't do any exceptions , and many people do, and then they say it doesn't work, they like to forget all the rules they've broken ...
I'm exactly like that. So if I ever wanted to try P90X or any other thing like that I'd need a personal trained who'd be willing to do whatever necessary to force me keep going. Strict exercise and nutrition plans are so not for me.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

omgadam wrote:I just finished my first time through P90X!! It was AWESOME! Can't wait to start this hybrid workout program I've put together this coming monday. Has anybody else done P90X before or are thinking about doing it?

Here's my Before/After photo

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It's fair to say, I would ride you
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I must say that the result it preettyy nice
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

LOL when I first saw the title I thought it would be about some guitar mics. It turned out that it isn't :D
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

Yeah, thought it was gonna be a guitar pick up :silly:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Did you use all the supplements and stuff too? I'm kind of reluctant to do so, cause it's getting pretty friggen expensive.

Also, I would prefer using dumbbells as opposed to resistance bands, but you need up to 50lbs weights? Do you use all the different weights during the course of this routine?
omgadam
First name: Adam

Post by omgadam »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Did you use all the supplements and stuff too? I'm kind of reluctant to do so, cause it's getting pretty friggen expensive.

Also, I would prefer using dumbbells as opposed to resistance bands, but you need up to 50lbs weights? Do you use all the different weights during the course of this routine?
I use supplements, not from beach body though. Even before I started P90X I was taking Super Pump 250 (I take Super Pump Max now) preworkout, and Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey post workout(I now add ground up oats to that for carbs).

As for weight, I didn't start out using all the weights that's for sure. But now for some back exercizes I use 50 lbs and I use 35s for most bicep routines (unless they are burn outs or something). I like the range, I guess you could get away with not going all the way up to 50, but I'd recommend giving yourself some room to grow if you have the chance.

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

How closely did you follow the nutrition plan if at all? Or did you just not eat junk? I'm going through the book right now, trying to come up with a grocery list for the week, but this shit is adding up fast.
omgadam

Post by omgadam »

Jeremy Kill wrote:How closely did you follow the nutrition plan if at all? Or did you just not eat junk? I'm going through the book right now, trying to come up with a grocery list for the week, but this shit is adding up fast.
I followed the general guidelines of the Nutrition Plan. Phase 1: Low Carbs, High Protein, Low fat. Phase 2: Medium Carbs, High protein, low fat. Phase 3: High Carbs, medium protein, low fat.

That was the general gist of it, BUT I pretty much follow the diet that Tony Horton himself follows. I don't count calories, I eat fruit, vegetables, lean meat, whole grains, healthy unsaturated fats, and whey protein post-workout supplement. Haven't eaten any junk food at all in the past 4 months, and have also not had any alcohol at all.

Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

What ever happened to "move more, eat less".
[donate][/donate]
omgadam

Post by omgadam »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:What ever happened to "move more, eat less".
Because food is important and too much of a calorie deficit is dangerous and won't give you the best results. I eat for fuel.

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

omgadam wrote: and have also not had any alcohol at all.
Jeremy will never be able to do this
omgadam

Post by omgadam »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
lmao that's what I thought for me at first too. I used to drink A LOT, but its actually way easier than I thought it would be, especially once you start seeing and feeling results :2cool4u:

EDIT**

I will be drinking at May 20th after my MCAT however lol. Gonna have a nice variety of Magic Hat, it is going to be funny how little it will take to get me drunk haha. Lookin forward to some Wacko!!

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Haha, yeah when I saw that I was like "Aww... crap." But now that I actually have a job where I mostly end up working weekends, I might be able to pull it off. I'm not an alcoholic or anything, I've just had so much free time that all I would do is go out and drink with my friends every weekend.

Anyway, I kind of made my own meal schedule according to the portion control and a bit of the meal planning approach. I don't think it would hurt to eat the same thing every day, although I'm sure I'd get really bored of it. I could always switch it up here and there, but I really like to keep things simple when it comes to food, haha.
omgadam

Post by omgadam »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Haha, yeah when I saw that I was like "Aww... crap." But now that I actually have a job where I mostly end up working weekends, I might be able to pull it off. I'm not an alcoholic or anything, I've just had so much free time that all I would do is go out and drink with my friends every weekend.

Anyway, I kind of made my own meal schedule according to the portion control and a bit of the meal planning approach. I don't think it would hurt to eat the same thing every day, although I'm sure I'd get really bored of it. I could always switch it up here and there, but I really like to keep things simple when it comes to food, haha.
Yea its pretty easy to eat right and keep it simple. I made a lot of stir-fry lol. I usually cook a ton of stuff on sunday and it lasts me the week, saves time too cause I'm super busy. Recently though I've been making some seriously kickass food using recipes from http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com

Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

If I was to do this, could I still get completely smashed at the weekends?
[donate][/donate]
omgadam

Post by omgadam »

Lol you can do whatever you want, all I can tell you is you'll know best what your body can and can't do to get results. I could drink, maybe eat a little less healthy, but I know that I wouldn't be able to push it as hard while I workout.

Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

True words, I recently started losing weight because I really let myself go when I was in a four year relationship. I went from 14'' to 11'' 7' in a few months just by walking 4 miles every day and eating a little healthier and a lot less than I used to.