Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: Am I the only one bothered by this?

Post by Hentaiman »

samueeL wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:Wasn't it Roger Joseph Manning, Jr. that did piano and keyboards on the album? I remember that video update where he came around and helped Deryck with the piano, played some cool complicated piano shit in that update.

For those of you who don't know him, he's a session keyboardist that played session keyboards on many Blink 182, AvA and Avenged Sevenfold records. He's also credited on the wikipedia page of SBM but then again, we can't really trust wikipedia and we don't know if his parts stayed on the final product.
He didn't play on anything that made the final cut.
Really? they don't mention him in the booklet?
Sucks, he actually is very talented and from these stuff he played on that update it sounded really cool.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Hentaiman wrote:
samueeL wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:Wasn't it Roger Joseph Manning, Jr. that did piano and keyboards on the album? I remember that video update where he came around and helped Deryck with the piano, played some cool complicated piano shit in that update.

For those of you who don't know him, he's a session keyboardist that played session keyboards on many Blink 182, AvA and Avenged Sevenfold records. He's also credited on the wikipedia page of SBM but then again, we can't really trust wikipedia and we don't know if his parts stayed on the final product.
Sucks, he actually is very talented and from these stuff he played on that update it sounded really cool.
He got mentioned for co-writing SBM
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter

Post by Peterr »

Yes.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
samueeL wrote:

So was SBM written by Deryck, Tom and Joseph Manning Jr. and not only Deryck and Tom?
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Hentaiman wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:
samueeL wrote:

So was SBM written by Deryck, Tom and Joseph Manning Jr. and not only Deryck and Tom?
lol! I totally misread that, I thought you guys were talking about Tom.. as far as I know that guy didn't do anything that made it to the final product..
b0rn_c0nfused
First name: Festim

Post by b0rn_c0nfused »

On Wikipedia it says that Tom co-wrote the single 'Screaming Bloody Murder'.
"The song's working title was "Panic Attack" and it was written by lead guitarist Tom Thacker for the album Muertos Vivos by his main band Gob, though it didn't make the album. It was then remade, re-arranged and renamed by Sum 41 vocalist and guitarist Deryck Whibley"
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

b0rn_c0nfused wrote:On Wikipedia it says that Tom co-wrote the single 'Screaming Bloody Murder'.
"The song's working title was "Panic Attack" and it was written by lead guitarist Tom Thacker for the album Muertos Vivos by his main band Gob, though it didn't make the album. It was then remade, re-arranged and renamed by Sum 41 vocalist and guitarist Deryck Whibley"
You have to remember you're on sum 41 fansite :D We knew that years ago.
Faeyaner
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Faeyaner »

*€dit: nevermind ._.*
Last edited by Faeyaner on Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
have a try and test your knowledge:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz33/quiz/ ... um-41-test
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...