Screaming Bloody Murder - The Reviews

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Re: Screaming Bloody Murder - The Reviews

Post by Jeremy Kill »

BrandonCorey wrote:In one of the reviews they mentioned "over now". Is that referring to Crash or that other slow song that sounds like it will suck total ass?
Over Now = Crash
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Screaming Bloody Murder - The Reviews

Post by 182sins »

Fuck, I just wanted Skumfuk :(
Anyways the leaks close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

the only site that i give a shit about ratings-wise is sputnikmusic.com. and i'm talking the overall user ratings, not the reviews necessarily, cuz the overall user ratings are generally very accurate.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

This is a comment from the AP-reviewer on the stream-post they have upon their website:
They can't decide on their song titles like they can't decide what kind of band they want to be haha.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Lars wrote:This is a comment from the AP-reviewer on the stream-post they have upon their website:
They can't decide on their song titles like they can't decide what kind of band they want to be haha.
HAHAHAHA
This guy has a huge sense of humor...
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

182sins wrote:
Lars wrote:This is a comment from the AP-reviewer on the stream-post they have upon their website:
HAHAHAHA
This guy has a huge sense of humor...
I would punch him in the face.
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

I found this french rewiew http://www.playsound.fr/2011/03/chroniq ... dy-murder/
is really positive : Rating 9/10
I'm my worst enemy
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Aw, I wish I could read it!
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Aw, I wish I could read it!
Google translate ftw!
stevo32
Billy Spleen

Post by stevo32 »

here it is
Spoiler: show
3 ½ years of waiting, two years of composition ... "Screaming Bloody Murder", the sixth installment of Canadian Sum 41 was the result of a long process of creation and production. It follows "Underclass Hero", released in 2007. He had divided the fan community, for its pop-punk look softer edged sharply with "Chuck" punk metal album released in 2004 and considered by many to be the advent of the group. While waiting for "Screaming Bloody Murder?

A homecoming not so obvious that it

One thing is for sure, this album may well surprise the fans. Much more dark and aggressive, this album is not the "Chuck It" hoped by some, much less a rapprochement with the period of "Does This Look Infected? . Underclass Hero seems to have left traces visible on the group and the work of composer / singer / guitarist / pianist of the group Deryck Whibley: the presence of persistent choirs, passages vacuum calm and heartfelt, and especially work on phenomenal voice. Indeed, in terms of vocal technique, this album is brilliant: Whibley seem to have progressed and have focused particular attention on vocals.

So this disc offers a journey through the past 7 years the group, as the influences of previous albums are felt ... But beware, many tracks on this jewel that is the last album of Sum 41 introduce a new music genre more mature and more successful: the genus "Screaming Bloody Murder", a new standard for fans of the group that will not leave indifferent ...

Analysis of the album, "genres" of music.

The style "Chuck": aggressive, led by heavy guitars riffs and fiery, no doubt Chuck is beautiful is ubiquitous on some songs. This is particularly the case for "Jessica Kill," as to the effectiveness unstoppable: powerful, fast, resulting in a chorus. The powerful battery input at the beginning of the song is a reflection of the balance of drums in this album, Steve Jocz seems to have been much involved in making this album. In the same vein, there is "Back Where I Belong." Here's the riffs that hit and a quieter acoustic passage emphasizing especially the violence of the rest of the title. The first single, which gives its name to the album "Screaming Bloody Murder", hit power also recalls the time Chuck. Notton also the quality of the solos are back on this disc ... This should give pause to those nostalgic for the former guitarist Dave Brownsound who had left the group in 2006. The Sum 41 are back on land on which no one thought the most capable of going.

The style "Underclass Hero": In 2007, Underclass Hero had opened a door and walks to the intensive use of the piano. Quality arrangements and writing of this album is evident on SBM. "What Am I To Say" and "Crash" brilliantly successful year. The first, a look of "Best Of Me" flat for more than 3 minutes. The second, discrete guitars, piano souligent intimacy of the song. It is nice to see that Sum 41 did not cast any of his period who was UH oh so constructive.

The style "Rock'n'Roll": In the surprises found on Disc 2 tracks british rock'n'roll influences: "Time For You To Go", a title that could please the powerful Stones, and "Baby You Do not Want to Know. " For the latter, leading the chorus and especially successful imagine a road trip on Route 66, sunglasses on his nose, in a convertible 60s. A new facet of the music of Sum 41's clearly joking.

The style "Screaming Bloody Murder" Although difficult to define this new standard is 60% of the album. Mixing soft passages, disturbing (Skumfuk) and more intense and brutal passages, this style is characterized by bold titles transitions. This also gives the impression of listening to three different titles in the same song, reflecting the boundless creativity of Deryck Whibley during the composition of this album. The best tracks are those compounds into realities for the EP (which later became an album project) in 2009. At the height of their art, and since the beginning of their careers, the sequence of 3 tracks from "Dark Road Out Of Hell" which includes "Holy Image Of Lies", "Sick Of Everyone" and "Happiness Machine" is Loved all the revelation of this disc. Rich, these titles tell a story, that of the turbulent separation with Avril Lavigne and alternate passage epic, violent passages and soft passages. Very dark, these titles reveal a rather complex structure and mix piano, guitars, violins, drums, bass. We pass through here a lot of emotions and the least we can say is that it takes a real slap. In the same mold though less spectacular, "Reason To Believe" follows the same path as "Blood In My Eyes." In this last one perceives even the influence of Muse and Metallica as we play it say on the mix of genres ... brilliantly.

The 14 tracks on the album closes with "Exit Song," a little melancholy very successful. Finally, we can emphasize the quality of the lyrics (although a little repetitive) on SBS. Deryck Whibley (also lyricist of the group) still offers us his recipe that has really hit on all their album: lyrics, but not too personal, full of metaphors that everyone can relate to.

Conclusion: This long awaited sequel of Canadian Sum 41 is so rich, spontaneous, complex, and is simply a new benchmark. Varied, touching on punk rock, pop, to heavy, rock and roll or even to the metal by now, everyone should find his account. The evolution of the group is amazing and promises a bright future for Sums: the transition of the "group for teens" in the "group of talent" seems undeniable here. The album of the year?
I'm my worst enemy
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Post by DeryckW »

So far one of the best reviews ; )
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Go on there and read all the comments from 'chacha02'.. that me. I fucked with them quite a bit lolll :hehe: :hehe:

:hehe:

lol here. i dont really plan on ever going back to that site. The majority of their shit is about poppy/emo whiny bands.
You're an idiot. Trying to cover up your lack of intelligence/resources by insulting a band? If you had any common sense you'd realize they change from record to record, this isn't something new, and it's not an identity crisis. You probably enjoy listening to bands the put out the same shit with every record. Not that that is a horrible thing, but Sum 41 really isn't like that and you should know..But hey absoluteshit.net is right.

The ACTUAL titles are (in order):

What Am I To Say
Holy Image of Lies
Sick Of Everyone
Happiness Machines
Crash

Maybe next time you can get the song titles right, at least? lol fail.
lol i made this account just for the sum 41 stream, as this website blows absolutenuts(.net), and is a joke.

If there's no 'official' way to receive info, then how did I, just a fan, know more about it than you? Arent you supposed to research everything? You fail, go talk about Pete Wentz and other pop shit, I'll advise anyone with any sense of punk taste to avoid this shithole. later
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

stevo32 wrote:here it is
3 ½ years of waiting, two years of composition ... "Screaming Bloody Murder", the sixth installment of Canadian Sum 41 was the result of a long process of creation and production. It follows "Underclass Hero", released in 2007. He had divided the fan community, for its pop-punk look softer edged sharply with "Chuck" punk metal album released in 2004 and considered by many to be the advent of the group. While waiting for "Screaming Bloody Murder?

A homecoming not so obvious that it

One thing is for sure, this album may well surprise the fans. Much more dark and aggressive, this album is not the "Chuck It" hoped by some, much less a rapprochement with the period of "Does This Look Infected? . Underclass Hero seems to have left traces visible on the group and the work of composer / singer / guitarist / pianist of the group Deryck Whibley: the presence of persistent choirs, passages vacuum calm and heartfelt, and especially work on phenomenal voice. Indeed, in terms of vocal technique, this album is brilliant: Whibley seem to have progressed and have focused particular attention on vocals.

So this disc offers a journey through the past 7 years the group, as the influences of previous albums are felt ... But beware, many tracks on this jewel that is the last album of Sum 41 introduce a new music genre more mature and more successful: the genus "Screaming Bloody Murder", a new standard for fans of the group that will not leave indifferent ...

Analysis of the album, "genres" of music.

The style "Chuck": aggressive, led by heavy guitars riffs and fiery, no doubt Chuck is beautiful is ubiquitous on some songs. This is particularly the case for "Jessica Kill," as to the effectiveness unstoppable: powerful, fast, resulting in a chorus. The powerful battery input at the beginning of the song is a reflection of the balance of drums in this album, Steve Jocz seems to have been much involved in making this album. In the same vein, there is "Back Where I Belong." Here's the riffs that hit and a quieter acoustic passage emphasizing especially the violence of the rest of the title. The first single, which gives its name to the album "Screaming Bloody Murder", hit power also recalls the time Chuck. Notton also the quality of the solos are back on this disc ... This should give pause to those nostalgic for the former guitarist Dave Brownsound who had left the group in 2006. The Sum 41 are back on land on which no one thought the most capable of going.

The style "Underclass Hero": In 2007, Underclass Hero had opened a door and walks to the intensive use of the piano. Quality arrangements and writing of this album is evident on SBM. "What Am I To Say" and "Crash" brilliantly successful year. The first, a look of "Best Of Me" flat for more than 3 minutes. The second, discrete guitars, piano souligent intimacy of the song. It is nice to see that Sum 41 did not cast any of his period who was UH oh so constructive.

The style "Rock'n'Roll": In the surprises found on Disc 2 tracks british rock'n'roll influences: "Time For You To Go", a title that could please the powerful Stones, and "Baby You Do not Want to Know. " For the latter, leading the chorus and especially successful imagine a road trip on Route 66, sunglasses on his nose, in a convertible 60s. A new facet of the music of Sum 41's clearly joking.

The style "Screaming Bloody Murder" Although difficult to define this new standard is 60% of the album. Mixing soft passages, disturbing (Skumfuk) and more intense and brutal passages, this style is characterized by bold titles transitions. This also gives the impression of listening to three different titles in the same song, reflecting the boundless creativity of Deryck Whibley during the composition of this album. The best tracks are those compounds into realities for the EP (which later became an album project) in 2009. At the height of their art, and since the beginning of their careers, the sequence of 3 tracks from "Dark Road Out Of Hell" which includes "Holy Image Of Lies", "Sick Of Everyone" and "Happiness Machine" is Loved all the revelation of this disc. Rich, these titles tell a story, that of the turbulent separation with Avril Lavigne and alternate passage epic, violent passages and soft passages. Very dark, these titles reveal a rather complex structure and mix piano, guitars, violins, drums, bass. We pass through here a lot of emotions and the least we can say is that it takes a real slap. In the same mold though less spectacular, "Reason To Believe" follows the same path as "Blood In My Eyes." In this last one perceives even the influence of Muse and Metallica as we play it say on the mix of genres ... brilliantly.

The 14 tracks on the album closes with "Exit Song," a little melancholy very successful. Finally, we can emphasize the quality of the lyrics (although a little repetitive) on SBS. Deryck Whibley (also lyricist of the group) still offers us his recipe that has really hit on all their album: lyrics, but not too personal, full of metaphors that everyone can relate to.

Conclusion: This long awaited sequel of Canadian Sum 41 is so rich, spontaneous, complex, and is simply a new benchmark. Varied, touching on punk rock, pop, to heavy, rock and roll or even to the metal by now, everyone should find his account. The evolution of the group is amazing and promises a bright future for Sums: the transition of the "group for teens" in the "group of talent" seems undeniable here. The album of the year?
Album of the year hey? :glad:

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan

Post by Ashasx »

Most reviews fail to understand the style Sum 41 is trying to create. The band isn't trying to copy anyone else or trying to relive old days.

If the reviewer goes into this album hoping for a Fat Lip or In Too Deep 2.0, it won't be a good review.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Ashasx wrote:Most reviews fail to understand the style Sum 41 is trying to create. The band isn't trying to copy anyone else or trying to relive old days.

If the reviewer goes into this album hoping for a Fat Lip or In Too Deep 2.0, it won't be a good review.
All reviewers do.. that's why Deryck is like 'fuck the press'
Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan

Post by Ashasx »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Ashasx wrote:Most reviews fail to understand the style Sum 41 is trying to create. The band isn't trying to copy anyone else or trying to relive old days.

All reviewers do.. that's why Deryck is like 'fuck the press'
Many of the the reviews I've read of not just SBM but even Chuck, they complain that "This isn't the Sum 41 I grew up with".

Well, no shit. The only band member over the age of 20 when AKNF came out was Deryck. 10 years matures a band.

10 years has done the band well. There is no doubt in my mind that 90% of this album is better than Fat Lip.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

I know, i hear people saying this sounds nothing like the old sum 41 but they fail to realize this album was not intended to sound anything like the older stuff
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

With all these tempo changes and different musical ideas in SBM, instead of reviewers giving them shit about that.. they should praise them for trying something new. They should totally label this as Progressive Punk haha!
stevo32
Billy Spleen

Post by stevo32 »

I think this is the first "terrible" review for SBM
http://sputnikmusic.com/review/42615/Su ... dy-Murder/
RATING 1.5/5
I'm my worst enemy
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

stevo32 wrote:I think this is the first "terrible" review for SBM
http://sputnikmusic.com/review/42615/Su ... dy-Murder/
RATING 1.5/5
i hate it how the interviewer goes on and on about how this isnt anything like AKNF. seriously, 99/100 people who claim liked that album wont even have listened to the whole thing. its like linkin park being flamed for MTM. it was a great album but didnt stick to their original blueprint for success. if we wanted a band which created the exact same 8-track album over and over wed go listen to pop.
i bet the band would be more successful if they changed their name and started fresh. most reviewers always talk about how there is no rapping, pop-punk or dave.
fuck this signature nonsense