TNS MUSIC CONTEST

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Pocket Monkey
First name: David
Instrument 2: Guitar

TNS MUSIC CONTEST

Post by Pocket Monkey »

Alright, this contest will follow by these rules:

1.All are allowed to join
It doesn't matter if you are a noob with 6 posts, or a mod/admin with 9234 posts, everyone has a fair chance(including me :glad: )
2.All entries must be submited by the last day of the month
You have the whole month to create your song, no late entries will be accepted, sorry :silly:
3.You must complete the following requirements for each entry
You won't impress anyone with a 12:00 song (unless your Sum 41) but really, keep it at a decent length, it would be a whole lot easier to make a song within the month.
4. No plaigerism
This is pretty self explainitory, dont be an asshole and steal someone else's work/riff/lyrics etc. YOU MAY USE SAMPLES OF SONGS, but only for 5 seconds per minute so you could, for example, use the intro to Nirvana's Breed for five seconds if your song is a minute(ten seconds if the song is 2 minutes etc.) at the start/middle/end of your song, but then you must build off of it yourself, AND YOU MUST CREDIT THE ARTIST AND SONG
5.Entering
When you finalize your song, (converting it to mp3 format would REALLY help)Email it to [email protected], in the email, have it contain your username, and song name. All entries will be deemed anonymous and if told who you are, you will be eliminated. Voting lasts till the 7th of each month, giving voters a week to decide.

NON-ENTERED USERS WILL VOTE UPON WHICH SONG IS THE BEST, ALONG WITH THE VOTE MAKE A RECOMONDATION ON WHICH GENRE/TYPE OF MUSIC THEY SHOULD COMPETE TO PLAY NEXT, IT WILL BE UPLOADED TO MEGAUPLOAD. Winner will receive signature of their acheivements :devious: courtousy of FakeNinja

Requirements for March 2011
entries must be in March 31st
Genre: Theres No Solution Theme/Sum 41-esque song (darker)
Vocals not required
Last edited by Pocket Monkey on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
bizzyd53
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: TNS MUSIC CONTEST

Post by bizzyd53 »

sounds interesting. I need work on new songs anyway.
Baby, if you give me the world...I'll burn it right down.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hTMVuV45EB4/T ... -Three.jpg[/imgwidth]
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

i've actually written 25ish songs over the past year alone (and done everything except drums - guitar, bass, keyboard, vocals), but this contest is a joke. i would say no offense, but fuck it go ahead and take offense to this. a 2 minute time limit is hilarious. how many songs do the sums have that are less than 2 minutes? maybe 10 out of about 100. i'll tell you what, none of my songs are even less than 3 minutes but they're all quality pieces of music. if you change the ridiculous time limit, i'd be in but otherwise this contest is laughable.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

dbauer91 wrote:i've actually written 25ish songs over the past year alone (and done everything except drums - guitar, bass, keyboard, vocals),
If you didnt do drums, guitar, bass, keyboard, or vocals, then how the fk do you have music? lol

You don't have to be so dickish, but I agree the 2 minute time limit is a little low. maybe a time limit of like 3:30 to 4 minutes?
Zell1010
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Zell1010 »

What about making it with something like Guitar Pro?
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

Agree about the time limit. Most songs are over 3:00
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

i don't think there should be a time limit. just don't make it boring using the same four chords over and over and over and over and over. make it interesting. peace y'all.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Fuck the forth point ! I'm gonna post a song of a band you don't know at all and win ! nah,just kidding ...

well,from what I've heard so far,it should be easy for Heather,if she's in ...or dbauer91 let us hear some cool music too

than there is Jeremy,but he will probably have no vocals,so it will be harder to win,but if he makes a really awesome instrumentals,who knows ;)
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

I might enter, maybe no vocals or really bad vocals if i do though.
I'll give it a try just for fun though :D

I think I'm good at guitar enough to do something interesting.
Last edited by HugoDisasters on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

What's the prize? XD

oh nevermind: Winner will receive signature of their acheivements
Last edited by lisaNL on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Pocket Monkey wrote:1.All are aloud to join
lol. Aloud or allowed? :silly:
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Pocket Monkey wrote:1.All are aloud to join
lol. Aloud or allowed? :silly:
I thought that this was meant to be that way XD
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

as I won't be entering (I have as much musical talent as a jellyfish), I will be judging. I am open to bribes.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

FuckT41182 wrote:well,from what I've heard so far,it should be easy for Heather,if she's in ...or dbauer91 let us hear some cool music too
doubt I'll enter, so go crazy...lol :silly:
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

fenderrocks wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:well,from what I've heard so far,it should be easy for Heather,if she's in ...or dbauer91 let us hear some cool music too
well I think that you would win it easily,you posted many of your songs in high quality now and they're all cool...and I kinda believe that you could make another awesome song till the end of the month
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

FuckT41182 wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:
well I think that you would win it easily,you posted many of your songs in high quality now and they're all cool...and I kinda believe that you could make another awesome song till the end of the month
haha, Thanks!, well if I happen to write a song thats 2 min, I'll post it. But I'm not going to write a song for the contest, if one comes, awesome, if not, oh well..haha
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

fenderrocks wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:
haha, Thanks!, well if I happen to write a song thats 2 min, I'll post it. But I'm not going to write a song for the contest, if one comes, awesome, if not, oh well..haha
I understand,just like Sums,you don't wanna push it :winkwink:
Pocket Monkey
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Pocket Monkey »

dbauer91 wrote:i've actually written 25ish songs over the past year alone (and done everything except drums - guitar, bass, keyboard, vocals), but this contest is a joke. i would say no offense, but fuck it go ahead and take offense to this. a 2 minute time limit is hilarious. how many songs do the sums have that are less than 2 minutes? maybe 10 out of about 100. i'll tell you what, none of my songs are even less than 3 minutes but they're all quality pieces of music. if you change the ridiculous time limit, i'd be in but otherwise this contest is laughable.
I was on the edge about including that rule, but you have to understand creating everything in 26 days may be a little hard and i just wanted people to have a fair chance that didnt have the time on their hands to make a 3:00-5:00 min song, but whatever most people don't agree so i guess ill change it.
Oh yeah, thanks for not being an ass about your opinion :hehe:

And it was 1:00 in the morning and i was half alseep, but i didnt feel like sleeping so i made the contest = there are a lot of errors in this :devious:
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

Pocket Monkey wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:i've actually written 25ish songs over the past year alone (and done everything except drums - guitar, bass, keyboard, vocals), but this contest is a joke. i would say no offense, but fuck it go ahead and take offense to this. a 2 minute time limit is hilarious. how many songs do the sums have that are less than 2 minutes? maybe 10 out of about 100. i'll tell you what, none of my songs are even less than 3 minutes but they're all quality pieces of music. if you change the ridiculous time limit, i'd be in but otherwise this contest is laughable.
I was on the edge about including that rule, but you have to understand creating everything in 26 days may be a little hard and i just wanted people to have a fair chance that didnt have the time on their hands to make a 3:00-5:00 min song, but whatever most people don't agree so i guess ill change it.
Oh yeah, thanks for not being an ass about your opinion :hehe:

And it was 1:00 in the morning and i was half alseep, but i didnt feel like sleeping so i made the contest = there are a lot of errors in this :devious:
aight granted that was dick-ish, but how's this: a 6 minute time limit. i'll do it if it's that, cuz trust me most of people's best work is FAR longer than 2 mins;)
JDM13
First name: Jack

Post by JDM13 »

there's bound to be plagiarism if the genre is "there's no solution theme/sum 41 esque song. extend the genre, otherwise it'll just be shitty generic intro verse chorus verse pre chorus chorus etc.. boring.