Don't blame Sum 41, but....

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Don't blame Sum 41, but....

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Ok for my 1,000th post I figure make it a good one.

So we know that the album is done but the only thing official about it is that it's Screaming Bloody Murder, and some song titles.

I figured what other bands have made an album and have release dates and other info before Sum 41's album coming out. Here's what I got so far

D.R.U.G.S. have their self-titled album coming out February 22, have had 2 songs out and album artwork.

Yellowcard reformed in August and recorded an album before the end of the year. They have a title, When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes, album artwork, track list, a release date (March 22), and a single coming out soon, For You, And Your Denial

Avril Lavigne...we haven't heard much from her before the last week of the new year. But we've finally gotten info on her album Goodbye Lullaby. There's a release date (March 8), album artwork, track list, and a single already.

Taking Back Sunday...they went into pre-pro in August and are still recording. I think they're the closest to being like Sum 41. Not music wise, but getting their album out. There's no official release date (though they say spring), no album name or artwork, but they've had a Christmas song out (probably won't be on the album) and a demo. Something tells me they might have their album out the same time as Sums even though theirs isn't done yet.

Blink-182...they reformed, went on tour twice and are recording. There's no name, artwork, release date, or songs released, but there are some song names (given by Tom so the names will probably stay). Mark said it would be released by Spring (a long time ago), but I see Sum 41's album and all other bands that I've mentioned coming out before Blink's.

So those are the only bands I follow that came to mind, but I feel like we'll be hearing more music from other bands that have created, recorded, and released music while Sum 41 were still taking time to write, record, and master their album. Comments?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Don't blame Sum 41, but....

Post by TomiT14 »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:Avril Lavigne...we haven't heard much from her before the last week of the new year. But we've finally gotten info on her album Goodbye Lullaby. There's a release date (March 8), album artwork, track list, and a single already.
So, what we know is that the Sums are trying to get theirs out in March. That could also mean the last day of March. If that's so, it would come out 3 weeks after Avril's. Therefore if Sums' schedule is 3 weeks behind hers, hypothetically it means that we should get some album info in the next two weeks, and a single soon after the announcement.

That is, of course, wishful thinking, but there's still hope!
pescidavid
First name: David
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by pescidavid »

What ever happened to that 12 min. or however long song they said they were going to put on their website in a week...but that was like months ago. Did I miss it or something?
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

pescidavid wrote:What ever happened to that 12 min. or however long song they said they were going to put on their website in a week...but that was like months ago. Did I miss it or something?
The label didn't give Sum 41 permission to release their OWN WORK! because they probably want to make money of SUM 41's WORK!
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:Avril Lavigne...we haven't heard much from her before the last week of the new year. But we've finally gotten info on her album Goodbye Lullaby. There's a release date (March 8), album artwork, track list, and a single already.
So, what we know is that the Sums are trying to get theirs out in March. That could also mean the last day of March. If that's so, it would come out 3 weeks after Avril's. Therefore if Sums' schedule is 3 weeks behind hers, hypothetically it means that we should get some album info in the next two weeks, and a single soon after the announcement.

That is, of course, wishful thinking, but there's still hope!
Well the last chance in March is the 29th. You have something interesting going on and you may be right, but they're TRYING to get it out in March, there's nothing official by the label and that's what's holding them back.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
pescidavid wrote:What ever happened to that 12 min. or however long song they said they were going to put on their website in a week...but that was like months ago. Did I miss it or something?
The label didn't give Sum 41 permission to release their OWN WORK! because they probably want to make money of SUM 41's WORK!
Yes, that's generally how labels work. They take a massive cut from the band and excersise rights over them, while the band get a name to blame for any delays the album has. It's a win-win situation.
fuck this signature nonsense
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:but they're TRYING to get it out in March
Yep, and that's exactly why it's wishful thinking. They've tried to put the record out for 2 years now.
At this point, nothing else will get me convinced other than the official announcement.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Avril's management started putting up "behind the scenes" videos like 3 days ago too, they suck, but at least they're promoting the single. She is one of those "high profile" artists though, and the Sums just aren't considered that by IR. They've done everything themselves so far, which I respect. I don't know about the other bands. Its clear IR is just slacking
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Well if calculations and hopeful wishes come out alright this time out of 498378171 times we should be having an album :)

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

You forgot Rise Against! Those guys only entered the studio in September and in December they already finished recording the album, giving us already an album title (Endgame) and saying the album is to be mixed and mastered in January, with a release for March 15. So, they were also a lot faster than the sums...
Same goes for Yellowcard.. they only entered the studio in September, not to mention it was just a month after reuniting and all.. and already we have every possible info about their album which is out on March 22, with the single out on January 18.
If the Sums plan to release SBM around March 29, they should release the single around January 18 as well, maybe a little later.. if the plan is still to release a single in January...
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Yellowcard didn't really reunite.. they just came back after a long hiatus..
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:You forgot Rise Against!
Sum41Ant27 wrote:So those are the only bands I follow
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, though we also should take in other things into consideration. Like Sum 41's partying. I'm not sure about all the other bands listed, but Sum 41 were in the studio while their friends were present and it was basically a party every day.

Also, with the recent interview with Cone that Heather posted kind of sheds some light on why the album took longer than anyone expected.
Jason McCaslin: Part of it was us and part of it was the label too but we started recording it and then we thought it was ready but it just wasn’t ready. So we went back and recorded some more songs and so it just took longer. So it’s not really frustrating now, it’s just one of those things. We want the album to be out but we also want the time to be right for it to come out, coming out at Christmas is not always the best thing for a band like us. It’s also a timing thing and we really wanted the timing to be right and have the label 100% behind us and not just throwing it out there for Christmas.
It makes me think that when Deryck said "It's safe to say it will be out this year (2009)" was when they thought the album was ready, when really it wasn't, so they went and recorded more songs.

Had the band not gone back and recorded more songs, I think they could've released this album in 2010.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:It makes me think that when Deryck said "It's safe to say it will be out this year (2009)" was when they thought the album was ready, when really it wasn't, so they went and recorded more songs.

Had the band not gone back and recorded more songs, I think they could've released this album in 2010.
This also happened when they got back from their first Euro tour in May/June 2010. They recorded couple of more songs then. But even still, they were done recording in the end of June. So if label wanted, they'd still have had time to release the record in 2010.
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

Well look on the positive side, if the album is taking awhile to be release, that means its going to f#@king rock!!!!
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:You forgot Rise Against!
Sum41Ant27 wrote:So those are the only bands I follow that came to mind
I'm a huge Rise Against fan, forgot all about them! lol thanks for reminding me! :razz:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Yeah, though we also should take in other things into consideration. Like Sum 41's partying. I'm not sure about all the other bands listed, but Sum 41 were in the studio while their friends were present and it was basically a party every day.

Also, with the recent interview with Cone that Heather posted kind of sheds some light on why the album took longer than anyone expected.
Jason McCaslin: Part of it was us and part of it was the label too but we started recording it and then we thought it was ready but it just wasn’t ready. So we went back and recorded some more songs and so it just took longer. So it’s not really frustrating now, it’s just one of those things. We want the album to be out but we also want the time to be right for it to come out, coming out at Christmas is not always the best thing for a band like us. It’s also a timing thing and we really wanted the timing to be right and have the label 100% behind us and not just throwing it out there for Christmas.
It makes me think that when Deryck said "It's safe to say it will be out this year (2009)" was when they thought the album was ready, when really it wasn't, so they went and recorded more songs.

Deryck also said that the album would be done and completed by christmas (2009) and out in the new year (2010) but they didn't even start recording in 2009.. they just did pre-production..

UltraKolby wrote:Well look on the positive side, if the album is taking awhile to be release, that means its going to f#@king rock!!!!
Why would that mean that it's going to rock?
Last edited by Mitchell on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

You forgot P.O.D
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Memoire
First name: Sven

Post by Memoire »

I cant wait for yellowcards new album,ne new song is awesome!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

TomiT14 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:It makes me think that when Deryck said "It's safe to say it will be out this year (2009)" was when they thought the album was ready, when really it wasn't, so they went and recorded more songs.

This also happened when they got back from their first Euro tour in May/June 2010. They recorded couple of more songs then. But even still, they were done recording in the end of June. So if label wanted, they'd still have had time to release the record in 2010.
Would you rather have a better album, or an earlier album? Im with the Sums on this, good things come to those who wait. Hell, if i was an extremely talented kinda-famous rockstar i would take my time making an album the best i could and have so much fun along the way :)
fuck this signature nonsense