does kinda remind me of mcr
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: Scumfuck Download + Discussion

Post by FuckT41182 »

PTswim41 wrote:pretty sick vid

[youtube]ur-TPiBqU8I#[/youtube]
this vid is awesome :) I love Cone's guitar ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

FuckT41182 wrote:
PTswim41 wrote:pretty sick vid

[youtube]ur-TPiBqU8I#[/youtube]
this vid is awesome :) I love Cone's guitar ...
Sum 41 tweeted that. I'm glad the video has received some attention because it probably took a long as time to make.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

still has that underclass hero sound of larger then life reverbs and background voxs. its a good song, especially lyrically but i just thought they would have abandoned the underclass hero sound completely
tomhoppus is my hero.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

d4rkst4r wrote:still has that underclass hero sound of larger then life reverbs and background voxs. its a good song, especially lyrically but i just thought they would have abandoned the underclass hero sound completely
I'm hoping the main reason it was close to being cut from the album was because it doesn't sound like the rest of the album. That would be the best case scenario in my opinion. Though, even if it still retains part of that Underclass Hero sound, I really enjoy the chorus. If the chorus was a human being, I would want to be his best friend.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
d4rkst4r wrote:still has that underclass hero sound of larger then life reverbs and background voxs. its a good song, especially lyrically but i just thought they would have abandoned the underclass hero sound completely
I'm hoping the main reason it was close to being cut from the album was because it doesn't sound like the rest of the album. That would be the best case scenario in my opinion. Though, even if it still retains part of that Underclass Hero sound, I really enjoy the chorus. If the chorus was a human being, I would want to be his best friend.
yrah but as Stevo and Cone said in one of the interviews,this album is pretty interesting ...there are different songs ...heavy(dark),then piano song,then even some funny songs ... I think it will be fucking great :winkwink:
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I told a guy I work with to listen to the song and he said he didn't like it so I punched him in the arm like 5 times.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

ThanksForTheVenom wrote:
Simon wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
Simon wrote:Absence makes the heart grow fonder
That is NOT true AT ALL.
You will realize that it is, sooner or later.
eh, sometimes. if its enough of an absence, absence makes the heart grow cold, and forgetting.
People who let that happen are either stupid, weak, want it that way or just change. It happens all the time, but that doesn't make my statement any less true. Everything that people love to do/have/see/listen to feels almost always better when they didn't have it for a while. That doesn't mean you should hold yourself back all the time or as much as possible - just enough to fully appreciate something. Of course, absence in the sense of abandoning doesn't really help at all.

I haven't listened to this song for a few days now, I'm so proud.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

The more interviews I read, the more I start to think that this album will be an enlargement of Underclass Hero.

Not lyrically, but musical wise.

Cone and Steve keep repeating that this album has a lot of light stuff on it as well, but it's aggresive too.

So in some way, the album may have an UH-feeling (lighter vs harder songs), but the difference between the two genres will be bigger imo.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I try not to read so much into the interviews to get an idea of what the album is going to sound like, because then you start coming up with your own conclusions and then you have expectations (it happened to me with Underclass Hero). A lot of the times it seems the band members themselves have trouble describing the sound of the album and just repeat the same words from interview to interview, so it probably isn't even a 90% accurate description.

I'm hoping for at least three just straight-up rock songs that you can listen to at a party or something. Deryck said the record is eclectic, so who knows how many slow parts and how piano-saturated some of these songs will be. According to one of the Studio Updates, this album has the most piano in it (which makes me think a good chunk will be in this 12-minute song as well).
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I try not to read so much into the interviews to get an idea of what the album is going to sound like, because then you start coming up with your own conclusions and then you have expectations (it happened to me with Underclass Hero). A lot of the times it seems the band members themselves have trouble describing the sound of the album and just repeat the same words from interview to interview, so it probably isn't even a 90% accurate description.

I'm hoping for at least three just straight-up rock songs that you can listen to at a party or something. Deryck said the record is eclectic, so who knows how many slow parts and how piano-saturated some of these songs will be. According to one of the Studio Updates, this album has the most piano in it (which makes me think a good chunk will be in this 12-minute song as well).
I think its safe to say that there will be some piano in the 12 minute song
i just hope its not the song that is aparently going to be all piano
LulaWhibley
Billy Spleen
First name: Lula

Post by LulaWhibley »

awesome this new song!love it already.
  • ROCK IN IDRHO, Italy
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

lol 12 minutes of piano, fail. you need to be beethoven or some shit to pull that off. but even then it's only epic with vocals and an orchestra

anyways, skumfuck grew on me but i stopped listening to it because i dont want to get sick of it. because then i'll skip it when i listen to the full album
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Simon wrote:
ThanksForTheVenom wrote:
Simon wrote:
Just Peter wrote:
Simon wrote:Absence makes the heart grow fonder
That is NOT true AT ALL.
You will realize that it is, sooner or later.
eh, sometimes. if its enough of an absence, absence makes the heart grow cold, and forgetting.
People who let that happen are either stupid, weak, want it that way or just change. It happens all the time, but that doesn't make my statement any less true. Everything that people love to do/have/see/listen to feels almost always better when they didn't have it for a while. That doesn't mean you should hold yourself back all the time or as much as possible - just enough to fully appreciate something. Of course, absence in the sense of abandoning doesn't really help at all.

I haven't listened to this song for a few days now, I'm so proud.
Yeah okay hardass :)
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Enough for the sensitive and psychological shit.

Back to Scumfuck.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

why this pianophobia??
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Still Waiting wrote:why this pianophobia??
it's cause all these motherfuckers feel stronger when they don't like piano ...I also don't understand it ...if piano is used well than it sounds really awesome
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

^ not if its in every goddamn fucking song like Underclass Hero, which i understand didn't have piano on EVERY song, but im sure 10 at least did. if theres a vast majority of songs on SBM that have piano, i will be disappointed.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Still Waiting wrote:why this pianophobia??
it's cause all these motherfuckers feel stronger when they don't like piano ...I also don't understand it ...if piano is used well than it sounds really awesome
Ease up tough guy. Stop calling us motherfucker when we don't agree with you. You reminds me of how i was in kindergarten when i first learned the cursewords.

And piano is great if its used properly but if it's just used in the background it just gets annoying.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

2712 wrote:^ not if its in every goddamn fucking song like Underclass Hero, which i understand didn't have piano on EVERY song, but im sure 10 at least did. if theres a vast majority of songs on SBM that have piano, i will be disappointed.
That sounds sad. Seems like you're asking for that to happen. I don't care how many songs have piano in them as long as it benefits the song and so far, I liked everything I heard in the updates.

Btw. if you're so sure about the number of songs with piano on UH being at least 10, count again.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...