Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Brown Fail

Post by Simon »

Just found this in the Q&A.
0:50 :devious:
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Jeremy Kill
Re: Brown Fail

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Haha and that's why they should get rid of such long bridges. I'm surprised this sort of thing never happened earlier! I probably would've done the same thing though, haha.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Haha, omg, now that sucks! :devious:
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Simon »

HAHAHAHAHA completely unrelated but made me laugh.
- Stevo32

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Haha, his friends are like "wtf..." then when the song gets going the one guy's like "Mm, yeah, that's pretty cool actually."
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Haha and that's why they should get rid of such long bridges. I'm surprised this sort of thing never happened earlier! I probably would've done the same thing though, haha.
Those long bridges are just annoying. He can say "What's up you crazy motherfuckers between the songs instead." And he really need to stop saying fuck all the time.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

the guy who's playing P4P is funny :D and in the first video...I didn't really notice what happened... :D help me I'm too asleep
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

FuckT41182 wrote:the guy who's playing P4P is funny :D and in the first video...I didn't really notice what happened... :D help me I'm too asleep
0:50 - Tom missed the break right after ".. what else are we supposed to do-ooo" and just continued playing the bridge riff, confusing everyone for one bar until Steve does a second hit leading back into the chorus.
- Stevo32

Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

I think the best "break" they ever had was during Makes No Difference, when D played with guitar his tongue and then made the crowd say "makes no difference to me". The extended bridge in motivation (like on GCYS) was cool too, it flowed well and didn't last too long, plus it was just guitars. The others I can do without, I think the show only needs one extension anyways, or like Emil said, just talk in between the songs
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

fenderrocks wrote:I think the best "break" they ever had was during Makes No Difference, when D played with guitar his tongue and then made the crowd say "makes no difference to me".
That was also my favorite, but I also liked the random talk inbetween the song like they did in the early years. I think there was even a little bit of that on the Live in Tokio DVD.
- Stevo32

Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Simon wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:I think the best "break" they ever had was during Makes No Difference, when D played with guitar his tongue and then made the crowd say "makes no difference to me".
That was also my favorite, but I also liked the random talk inbetween the song like they did in the early years. I think there was even a little bit of that on the Live in Tokio DVD.
Then they did it in All She's Got. Awesome song live.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Emil wrote:Those long bridges are just annoying. He can say "What's up you crazy motherfuckers between the songs instead." And he really need to stop saying fuck all the time.
I disagree completely. I love how they extend the bridges and do the talking and/or crowd singing during it. It makes the song different from the album version.

I saw Billy Talent live earlier this year. Although their songs are good, it was quite boring to hear them same as in their albums. There was not a single extended bridge, all the talking was between the songs. I didn't like it at all.

Of course, if the extended bridge is there for nothing, like in Welcome To Hell, that's annoying. But I love it how they have done it with UH, Hell Song and All To Blame.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

The best extended bridge is No Brains from GCY, although there's no talking...which we all prefer.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

The Makes No Difference-bridge is pretty cool, just like the No Brains-one.

This was just a mistake that was.. quite stupid.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Thanks a lot,Simon :winkwink: I can't understand that I missed it ...

and I disagree with Emil ...I think these bridges are pretty cool and Deryck's talking to fans too ...and you know when you watch it in video from almost every concert that they ever played,you might think it's stupid ...but I seen them in Veinna live and it was fucking cool to hear it live :) I like his quotes and I think that everyone would be happy to hear them standing in the crowd and scream fuck with him :)
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

FuckT41182 wrote:and I disagree with Emil ...I think these bridges are pretty cool and Deryck's talking to fans too ...and you know when you watch it in video from almost every concert that they ever played,you might think it's stupid ...but I seen them in Veinna live and it was fucking cool to hear it live :) I like his quotes and I think that everyone would be happy to hear them standing in the crowd and scream fuck with him :)
True. It's a whole different thing watching the videos than being in the crowd. The swearing brings some attitude to the shows.
Also, I saw them live in UK in 2008 with my sister. She's a Sum-fan, but not as loyal as me, so she hadn't seen any live videos before, just listened to their songs. After the show she was so stoked, and said "it was so awesome in the beginning where Deryck told the crowd to shout 'Fuck you Deryck! Shut the fuck up Deryck!'"

So yeah, it seems the swearing is a must for the fans who haven't seen every one of their live shows before. :silly:
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

I don't mind the talking and shouting, but the same "Fuck you!"-thing over and over again is just getting a bit old now. Some more variety or improvising wouldn't hurt.
- Stevo32

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Simon wrote:I don't mind the talking and shouting, but the same "Fuck you!"-thing over and over again is just getting a bit old now. Some more variety or improvising wouldn't hurt.
Well yeah, what I meant was that the word "fuck" doesn't bother me. Of course it's annoying to hear the same lines for 5 years straight. They really should improvise more, or just come up with new lines.
Capoeirista666
Bunkface
First name: Bob

Post by Capoeirista666 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Simon wrote:I don't mind the talking and shouting, but the same "Fuck you!"-thing over and over again is just getting a bit old now. Some more variety or improvising wouldn't hurt.
Well yeah, what I meant was that the word "fuck" doesn't bother me. Of course it's annoying to hear the same lines for 5 years straight. They really should improvise more, or just come up with new lines.
yeah but even though, now it's kinda symbolic of the band, just saying fuck all the time lol
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Capoeirista666 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
yeah but even though, now it's kinda symbolic of the band, just saying fuck all the time lol
exactly ...If they added the new ones,I'd miss the old ones :silly: it's about as if they stopped playing P4P live ...