Twitter: @HMac41

Chat Recap - Deryck - May 8th, 2010

Post by Heather »

Fansite Connection Chat Recap - Deryck - May 8th, 2010

Interview

Bizzy: hey everyone!
Heather: So you ready to start Deryck?
Bizzy: ya lets start
Heather: First off, I'd like to thank Deryck for doing this, Matt for helping plan everything and you guys for supporting Sum41. D, would you like to say a little intro or go straight to the questions?
Bizzy: thanks for having me and thanks for being here. lets get some questions going!
Heather: After finishing the EP, you said the album could be better, what was added to the songs in order to achieve this?
Bizzy: well what happened was i just kept writing new songs. and i kept beating the previous songs so i just kept going.
Heather: It's been mentioned that Tom and Cone will have writing credits on this album, how was the recording process for their songs different for you?
Bizzy: tom and i wrote a pretty cool song together. and cone also wrote a pretty cool song too. not sure if it will make the album yet but we recorded. it's not finished yet but so far seems pretty cool.
Heather: We saw you use various pedals during recording, what sounds were you searching for?
Bizzy: i was looking for anything that sounded weird
Heather: haha, Will the vocals for this album be aggressive like Chuck with some softer Underclass tones mixed in, or something new?
Bizzy: this whole record sounds different than anything we've ever done. but it is probably closer to the chuck style aggression but actually a little more
Heather: Can you give us some insight to demo titles we've seen like Panic Attack, Jessica Kill and SkumFuk?
Bizzy: most of those are the real titles. except panic attack. that's a working title.
Heather: There has been word going around that a possible album title is Screaming Bloody Murder, any truth to this?
Bizzy: we have a few different titles we're thinking of right now. but i can't really say right now.
Heather: When the new songs are added to the set list, will you also add older songs you don't play much live to enhance the new attitude, like Thanks for Nothing, I'm Not The One, Pull The Curtain?
Bizzy: not too sure yet. to be honest i haven't really thought about the live show yet. i'm so into this record right now.
Heather: well this one may be hard to answer then..haha - There has been a lot of discussion among fans about the live guitar tones, could you tell us about the process of choosing a live set up and if it will change for the new tracks?
Bizzy: my live setup will just be the same as it always is. my old marshall modded head with my tele guitar.
Heather: kind of a fun question - How would you describe Cone, Steve and Tom in your own words?
Bizzy: hmmm. beyond words. they're my brothers
Heather: What would you say is the most rewarding and most frustrating aspect of being a musician/songwriter?
Bizzy: the rewarding part is having the finished song. that hard part is writing that song.

Free Chat

Klim: Deryck, how do you manage to drink so much and rock so hard? You are a SuperDeryck!
Bizzy: i don't really think about how much i drink. i just do my thing.
Wolter41: why your nickname is bizzy?
Bizzy: dave brownsound gave me the nickname when we were 14. i was in diffeernt bands and also recording all the local bands at the time so i started calling me bizzy d.
too_sick_to_die: with which programs do you work, like mac programs or windows ?
Bizzy: i use macs only
Wolter41: what do u think a few seconds before a concert?
Bizzy: before the concert all i do is take a few shots and think about going out and playing the best show anyone's ever seen. ha ha
nyappyjuci: hi Deryck, first i would like to thank for the show in Vienna,Austria. My question: which is your favourite sum41 song, and which is the one you like to play live the most?
Bizzy: hmm that's a tough one. i always like playing hell song, we're all to blame. i like a lot of them.
usmari_41: What does your tattoo, John & Mary?
Bizzy: my tattoo is my grandparents names.
Jake.: How's life?
Bizzy: life is fucking awesome right now!
BlackHawk: are you guys almost done with recording? what do you still have to do to finish recording?
Bizzy: i have to finish sing a few more songs
TomiT14: You used to play the first half of the Hell Song solo during DTLI era. Ever thinking of doing so again?
Bizzy: i don't really like playing guitar solos live. i don't like standing in one spot playing guitar. i'd rather jump around and have fun.
Walker41: what has been your favourite album to write / record ???
Bizzy: this new album has been the funnest record to write.
Wolter41: can u chose one of Sum41 songs that describe your life?
Bizzy: i don't really know. i don't if there's a specific song that describes my life. all i can say is i wouldn't change a thing in my life right now.
Sumgreen: Do you like to spend time on mixing your songs ?
Bizzy: of course. i love the mixing process. it's very important
Max: Do you think you'll release another live dvd/blu ray after you release the next album? Would you like to?
Bizzy: i'm sure we'll do more dvd's at some point
davo09: How did you find out you had been signed? What were you doing at the time?
Bizzy: i think we're at a stip club when we found out we were signed
Wolter41: if i offer you a jack bottle, can i come with u in tour?
Bizzy: we've already got tons of jack
patentti: what do you think about hockey?
Bizzy: i hate sports
wvugurlx10: what about basketball???
Bizzy: well basketball is different.
BlackHawk: are there going to be any more updates?
Bizzy: there should be some more updates soon
Sumgreen: do you use softwares likes Waves on your songs ?
Bizzy: i do use some waves stuff. they have some cool shit.
BlackHawk: how many songs are there going to be on the new album?
Jake.: Any pickup suggestions for MY 72 tele? I use the seymour JB. Sounds nice.
Bizzy: that's what i use.
usmari_41: Deryck, you know anything about Brazil?
Bizzy: i hear brazil has very beautiful women.
HayLiz: what's you favourite song you ever wrote?
Bizzy: favorite song.... i don't know. i like them all.
Evan: Deryck, that club was fucking nuts
Bizzy: evan taubenfeld??
Evan: YESSIRRRRRR "Sooooo Lonnnggggg For Now"
Heather: I'm hoping, Kim is that Ev
kimbigevil: yep
Evan: I'm supporting the cause, listen kids, Deryck's new music is the fucking TITS
Bizzy: ha ha. it was pretty fucking nuts last night. what the fuck are you doing here??
kimbigevil: haha
Evan: you have to support!
Evan: my web girl said to come in and say hi
Bizzy: oh cool. you live down the street. it's funny we can only say hi in cyber world!! ha ha
Klim: Hey Evan :D
Rebeccah: Hi Evan *-----------*
patentti: haha wow, hi evan!
Heather: Evan are you crashing my chat? lol
Klim: D, vodka is not such a good friend of yours like Jack i guess, but still, vodka wants you in Russia =)
Bizzy: i love vodka. i drink both every night
Wolter41: why you not play astronaut??
usmari_41: Evan e Bizzy in the same chat \o
Klim: trueeee, we speak the same language =)
Evan: well, I don't wanna hijac anymore, you kids keep up the support and Sum-41 is gonna take shit over this year!
Heather: haha, see ya Ev, thanks for stopping by
Delia: HI eVAN
oskr705: nice to know that haha :)
Tsuua: Bye Evan!
Bizzy: see ya bro
fsc1: Some songs and lyrics are something very personal to you on many levels. Do you think that extends to your audience?
Bizzy: my music is always personal. i can't help it.
Bizzy: sorry guy. i have to split. i have to get back to working on the record. thanks everyone! see you all soon!!
Last edited by Heather on Tue May 11, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Re: Chat Recap - Deryck - May 8th, 2010

Post by DeryckW »

"Heather: When the new songs are added to the set list, will you also add older songs you don't play much live to enhance the new attitude, like Thanks for Nothing, I'm Not The One, Pull The Curtain?"

I was not to fond of Derycks replay. Oh well, have to do for now. Hopefully the will add Thanks for nothing in the future ;).
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

BlackHawk: how many songs are there going to be on the new album?

That question wasn't answered...
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

sorry, I didn't catch everything that wasn't answered
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

....he said it's a little more aggressive than chuck! holy crap, from everything they've said, this is my dream sum 41 album....oh my gosh I can't wait!

I actually kind of agree with what he said about guitar solos, standing there doing a solo isn't very fun when you need to be a front man as well.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Wolter41: if i offer you a jack bottle, can i come with u in tour?
Bizzy: we've already got tons of jack
N00b got PWNED! :lol!:

I'm glad to hear that Jessica Kill will end up being a song title, now my username will actually make sense when the album drops. I can't wait to hear this album.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

yeah so Deryck loves his grandparents :) I never heard him to talk about them ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Heather: well this one may be hard to answer then..haha - There has been a lot of discussion among fans about the live guitar tones, could you tell us about the process of choosing a live set up and if it will change for the new tracks?
Bizzy: my live setup will just be the same as it always is. my old marshall modded head with my tele guitar.
That wasn't very clarifying.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

FuckT41182 wrote:yeah so Deryck loves his grandparents :) I never heard him to talk about them ...
Would you talk about someone you love to complete strangers?
[donate][/donate]
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:yeah so Deryck loves his grandparents :) I never heard him to talk about them ...
no...I did not mean that ...I just thought about someting like My grandparents are the best or something...ya know he let us all know stories about his mom and dad...you know I just meant that somewhere somehow they could've mention ...you know maybe when they talk funny like we heard from stevo about Deryck mom's tits or something :D
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
peacock41
Hooch
First name: Ryan

Post by peacock41 »

pretty cool interview .. simple answers tho nothing 2 exiting .,.. amazing he took the time out for us
Anneliesx
Bunkface
First name: Annelies

Post by Anneliesx »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
no...I did not mean that ...I just thought about someting like My grandparents are the best or something...ya know he let us all know stories about his mom and dad...you know I just meant that somewhere somehow they could've mention ...you know maybe when they talk funny like we heard from stevo about Deryck mom's tits or something :D
When did he talked about his parents ?
And when did stevo said that ?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Anneliesx wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
are you kidding me ???have you ever heard songs like Walking Disaster or Dear Father???and the one about Deryck's mom was on Twitter or QaA section of the Official Website..
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

I don't see any "say hi to Brasil" in the recap, strange !
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

182sins wrote:I don't see any "say hi to Brasil" in the recap, strange !
Serious? That's a recap, not a repost of the whole chat. Of course Heather left out all the useless comments and questions that didn't get an answer.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

That was just a joke TomiT14, I understand it's just a recap with all the questions answered, but there were so many "say hi to brasil" that one of them could have been in the recap ^^
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

182sins wrote:That was just a joke TomiT14, I understand it's just a recap with all the questions answered, but there were so many "say hi to brasil" that one of them could have been in the recap ^^
Ah okay. Couldn't figure it out if it was a joke or not. :silly:

Yeah, those annoying little bitches should be banned from the chat next time. :silly:
Anneliesx
Bunkface
First name: Annelies

Post by Anneliesx »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Anneliesx wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
are you kidding me ???have you ever heard songs like Walking Disaster or Dear Father???and the one about Deryck's mom was on Twitter or QaA section of the Official Website..
I mean when were they talking funny about his parents.
When he talks about his father it's always serious.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Anneliesx wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Anneliesx wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
I mean when were they talking funny about his parents.
When he talks about his father it's always serious.
I actually told you...twitter or QaA section...it wasn't talking it was just a quote ...but i can't give you a link it was such a fucking long time ago...
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Haha that was ftw when Evan came into the chat. Who the hell is that dude anyway?