Brownsound or Browntom?

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.

You Decide

Brownsound
47%
Brown Tom
53%

Total votes: 17

Capoeirista666
Bunkface
First name: Bob
Re: Brownsound or Browntom?

Post by Capoeirista666 »

Yeah but if my memory is correct he divorced after UH, so he didn't write those songs thinking of Avril, and even though i think they should play some slow songs live, to calm down a bit
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Capoeirista666 wrote:Yeah but if my memory is correct he divorced after UH, so he didn't write those songs thinking of Avril, and even though i think they should play some slow songs live, to calm down a bit
I don't understand you ...he was happy with Avril and that's why he made songs like With Me and Best of Me and Always ...for Avril ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

What i mean is when he wrote the songs, he hadn't divorced yet, so it might not have been for avril, seeing he was still married to her
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Capoeirista666 wrote:What i mean is when he wrote the songs, he hadn't divorced yet, so it might not have been for avril, seeing he was still married to her
wtf...what's wrong with you ??? :confusion: that's exactly why the songs are about Avril...because he was in love with her and he wrote songs about this love ...and now as he is alone all these songs about love to Avril may be sad for him...I think he was the one who was touched by the divorce ...Avril's not been acting like someone who is sad becouse of divorce ...there was immediatly another guy to fuck her...and then another and another...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

yeah i guess you're right, and i wish he would get back with avril, they made a good couple
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Capoeirista666 wrote:yeah i guess you're right, and i wish he would get back with avril, they made a good couple
yeah...but she has another man or men :hehe:
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

I didn't even realize there was a poll. I voted BrownTom!
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Capoeirista666 wrote:yeah i guess you're right, and i wish he would get back with avril, they made a good couple
yeah...but she has another man or men :hehe:
i'm betting on men, and maybe even girls :devious:
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Jake-41 wrote:I didn't even realize there was a poll. I voted BrownTom!
yeah I missed it too ..and I voted Brown Tom too...coz he's here and he's cool ...it's just a little bit hard to say goodbye to someone who was with them for such a long time...now I realized how hard it had to be for Deryck to write song So long Goodbye...
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

FuckT41182 wrote:
yeah I missed it too ..and I voted Brown Tom too...coz he's here and he's cool ...it's just a little bit hard to say goodbye to someone who was with them for such a long time...now I realized how hard it had to be for Deryck to write song So long Goodbye...
yeah but i find so long goodbye kinda harsh for dave, cos it's really saying "we don't need you, go away"
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Capoeirista666 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
yeah but i find so long goodbye kinda harsh for dave, cos it's really saying "we don't need you, go away"
I think you don't get the lyrics...It's not meant to hurt him or tell him that they are better of him ...you know Deryck even told once that they almost broke up after Dave has left...and which words you think say "go away"?
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Exactly. Dave left the band after they had been friends and bandmates for over ten years, he wanted to leave to do his own thing and they knew it. In 2001 (5 years before he left) Deryck already said something like: "Dave has the greatest metal voice. Honestly, he is in the wrong genre right now." So there are no hard feelings, just a bit of disappointment that it had to come like that. It is a simple goodbye song, saying they will be fine without him, which was a good thing. That's how you deal with goodbyes properly.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Capoeirista666 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
I think you don't get the lyrics...It's not meant to hurt him or tell him that they are better of him ...you know Deryck even told once that they almost broke up after Dave has left...and which words you think say "go away"?
"you've left us now but we're not alone"
"matters of heart are hard to adress especially when yours is full of emptiness"
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Capoeirista666 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Capoeirista666 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
"you've left us now but we're not alone"
"matters of heart are hard to adress especially when yours is full of emptiness"
and what is he supposed to say ??? :D you left us and we don't know what we shoul do next...I think he just wanned to say that they don't blame him and they're okay ...and the second one I can't explain :P but I wouldn't say that he wanned to send him a message that he was useless
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

The first line is literally, read my previous post.

The second line means he wasn't happy in the band and just tried to hide it instead of addressing it. "... and it's quite alright."

Not really that hard to see the context.
- Stevo32

Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

Simon wrote:The first line is literally, read my previous post.

The second line means he wasn't happy in the band and just tried to hide it instead of addressing it. "... and it's quite alright."

ow ok, hadn't looked at it that way, but it's because i'm french, sorry if i don't always understand things the way they're meant to be understood
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

yeah that's exactly how I feel these lyrics ...but I was too tired to write it :D
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

Capoeirista666 wrote:

ow ok, hadn't looked at it that way, but it's because i'm french, sorry if i don't always understand things the way they're meant to be understood
No problem, I'm from Germany and we've all been there. I used to have so much trouble with even hearing the lyrics, let alone understanding them. But these days I am so familiar with Deryck's songwriting, I can feel where a Sum 41 song is going before I am even finished listening to it.
- Stevo32

Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

Simon wrote:
Capoeirista666 wrote:

No problem, I'm from Germany and we've all been there. I used to have so much trouble with even hearing the lyrics, let alone understanding them. But these days I am so familiar with Deryck's songwriting, I can feel where a Sum 41 song is going before I am even finished listening to it.
i have no problem understanding it seeing i have american and english origins but sometimes getting the hidden meaning is hard

I voted browntom cos he's not bad, it's just i'd like dave to come back
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

I voted browntom cos he's not bad, it's just i'd like dave to come back