It's time to predict Underclass Hero's critical success

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

duck

It's time to predict Underclass Hero's critical success

Post by duck »

How do you think it will do? I think the critics will really like it. The only people who are not liking it at the moment are some of the fans who are more into their heavier faster side.

I also think they will win a Juno for Best Rock Album. The Junos are Canada's Grammy's. They won one for Chuck, and I think this album is much better. Plus, no good rock albums have come out of Canada this year imo.
<center>Image
</center>
charly182

Post by charly182 »

mmmm,dont know,single was not something amazing or "new" because of the chorus...I think I heard second single was goin to be walking disaster...despite the fact this is a good album,I think Chuck was more interesting in its singles than what is coming with the new album... (just my impression..)
heartcore-prisoners
Bunkface
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by heartcore-prisoners »

yeah. i think critics will jus put it aside as jus another album. don't get me wrong, i think the album is frikin great! but seeing how its so deep and personal, only on deryck, not on the public.. its doesnt seem that it'll get very far. i hope it does tho (go big time on the charts).

in my personal view, i think that underclass hero (song) wont get very far either, even though its a great song. its probably because of the chorus and the message its trying to say (political views, etc.) although the verses are great and so are the instrumentals.
budgie
Underclass Hero
Post by budgie »

hmm... id say in rock-only magazines like kerrang its likely to get 5 K's.
but general music mags dont usually give "pop-punk" records good reviews. 4 stars at the most. then again, i havent any idea of what the record sounds like either apart from the 4 songs i know already
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

I think it will do better than Chuck, which seemed to get an average of 3 and a 1/2 stars/Ks/Cs/whatever.

I think it will do a lot better critically than commercially, which will make it more successful than Chuck, which was considered a critical and commercial flop.

I think the Junos will like it a lot.

It definitely deserves to do well commercially, but they just did not start it on the right foot. Although the single is starting to pick up a bit of speed now, it's really among the weaker tracks on the album.

We should be seeing the first official review soon. The latest Chart has the review in it but I haven't been able to find the issue anywhere.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

Post by Tiny *[Banned]* »

I think its going to probably be nominated for Junos but maybe not win it.I think it will be a fan favorite.
RODNEYMULLEN
Hooch

Post by RODNEYMULLEN »

I think with me is going to be one of there singles.
Lithium
Hooch

Post by Lithium »

Well I know that must of the people will like it and said that is a great cd with greates lyrics and stuff
and other
will say that is crap cause they love bush and that also cause of dave departure many will say nothing is the same and bla bla

in my opinion is

kick ass
DUBWOOD
Bunkface

Post by DUBWOOD »

critically, sum 41 have mostly gotten less than average reviews on all of their albums.

commercially, i think its gonna be less sucessful than chuck, just like chuck was less sucessful than dtli.

juno-wise, i really doubt they will get a nod, even for fan favorite.

Sucess wise, their fans are what have kept them around, doing what they love cause they haven't been a critical sucess, and commercially they're pretty average in the majority of places where sucessful bands are concerned.
***MY FIRST SUM41 ALBUM WASN'T ALL KILLER***
szabz

Post by szabz »

the album is very good but i dont like so much: with me, best of me, pull the curtain, dear father the other songs are veryveryverycool
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Tiny wrote:I think its going to probably be nominated for Junos but maybe not win it.I think it will be a fan favorite.
So true
UnderclassHeroine
King of Contradiction

Post by UnderclassHeroine »

I think it'll be nominated for several awards...maybe win some.

Maybe they'll make more vids on it.

Sell bunchies of records
Get new fans

Get good reviews. Critics do have brains sometimes.
<center>
Image</center>
BizzyJ

Post by BizzyJ »

it's definitely not their best album in my opinion, i'm more into the heavier songs.

but i think the album in generally is going to do really well.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

DUBWOOD wrote:critically, sum 41 have mostly gotten less than average reviews on all of their albums.

commercially, i think its gonna be less sucessful than chuck, just like chuck was less sucessful than dtli.

juno-wise, i really doubt they will get a nod, even for fan favorite.

Sucess wise, their fans are what have kept them around, doing what they love cause they haven't been a critical sucess, and commercially they're pretty average in the majority of places where sucessful bands are concerned.
Oh, they'll definitely get some sort of Juno nod. The Juno people love them.

The people who can't accept the new slow songs make me giggle a little. Sorry.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Beep41

Post by Beep41 »

xMichellex wrote:I think it'll be nominated for several awards...maybe win some.

Sell bunchies of records
Get new fans

Can i get a amen?
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

even if there is alot of slow songs most of them get fast, the only ones i remember that were slow the whole way through was best of me, dear father, and so long goodbye
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

i think it will be like greenday's american idiot, breakthrough record, reaching new fans it would have never reached before. hopefully.
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Tiny *[Banned]*
All Killer No Filler

Post by Tiny *[Banned]* »

BizzyJ wrote:it's definitely not their best album in my opinion, i'm more into the heavier songs.

but i think the album in generally is going to do really well.
I dont really care if they change their style from heavier I mean I also really enjoy heavy music.
UnderclassHeroine
King of Contradiction

Post by UnderclassHeroine »

Beep41 wrote:
xMichellex wrote:I think it'll be nominated for several awards...maybe win some.

Sell bunchies of records
Get new fans

Can i get a amen?
Yes you can.
<center>
Image</center>
Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

Nah itll get bad reviews. Sum 41 always do, regardless of how good or bad an album is they still get poorley rated just mainly becuase of other bands they are compared to ie. pussies like simple plan so automatically they loose points, weras a band such as Chilli pepers or foo fighters get points for just being who they are. Teh critics will say every song sounds the same and its just an album from a washed up band that are giving a last ditch effort. but in my opinion its bullshit. i mean Chuck was amazing at only recieved 3 stars. Sum 41s style isnt very popular anymore becuase all the faggots are into emo and pussie music so they will lose points there. and most peoplle at Rolling stone ect are cunts.