Trail of free media?

Ask anything about the site here. Chances are you'll get an answer.

Media for everyone trial period

Sure, why not?
56%
Fuck no tard.
44%

Total votes: 18

samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: Trail of free media?

Post by samueeL »

Yeah but you have posted. Of course everyone wants other sections to be active too and they are active. This site isn't for people who wants just to get free media, don't you get it?
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter

Post by Peterr »

samueeL wrote:Yeah but you have posted. Of course everyone wants other sections to be active too and they are active. This site isn't for people who wants just to get free media, don't you get it?
I get it.
But why do we limit other sections activity? Just because its not all completely about sum 41?
The admins put it in there for a reason, why are we limiting the activity of it?

Worst case scenario of this, we get more members?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

PTR wrote:
samueeL wrote:Yeah but you have posted. Of course everyone wants other sections to be active too and they are active. This site isn't for people who wants just to get free media, don't you get it?
I get it.
But why do we limit other sections activity? Just because its not all completely about sum 41?
The admins put it in there for a reason, why are we limiting the activity of it?

We aren't limiting any activity of other sections. It's only the media section, where the downloadables are at. If people want to talk about Sum 41 Multimedia, they can talk about in The Sums section. If people want to talk about Other bands' Multimedia, they can talk about it in the Other Music section.

That worst case scenario, we don't need any freeriders who become members to just crab the media. It gives nothing back to the community.
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

TomiT14 wrote:
PTR wrote:
I get it.

We aren't limiting any activity of other sections. It's only the media section, where the downloadables are at. If people want to talk about Sum 41 Multimedia, they can talk about in The Sums section. If people want to talk about Other bands' Multimedia, they can talk about it in the Other Music section.

That worst case scenario, we don't need any freeriders who become members to just crab the media. It gives nothing back to the community.
So your saying the worst case scenario is that we get more members?
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

I hear you at this Peter and other sections would be okay, but join for just media is not :/
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

samueeL wrote:I hear you at this Peter and other sections would be okay, but join for just media is not :/
Cool.
If people join for the media section, there more pron to post in other sections than if they don't even join.
That kinda sounded stupid but its true. It would benefit all sections. Even the sum 41 ones.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Okay, let's make this simple.

More members = Good

Free media to all = Bad

Feel free to explore other ideas to get the members here. But free media is a slap in the face for the most dedicated fans here.
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

TomiT14 wrote:Okay, let's make this simple.

More members = Good

Free media to all = Bad

Feel free to explore other ideas to get the members here. But free media is a slap in the face for the most dedicated fans here.
Free media for all + More members + more posts + more forum activity + more potential for more posts in other sections = ?

And thats another thing, we don't have those TNS sigs or anything. We need something. I think we can all agree on that.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

the only fucking posts that we're gonna get if we un-restrict the media sections is "thanx". no one is going to join because of the community, you've been here a while and you should know that.

no matter how many topics you make about this, it isn't going to happen.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

2712 wrote:the only fucking posts that we're gonna get if we un-restrict the media sections is "thanx". no one is going to join because of the community, you've been here a while and you should know that.

no matter how many topics you make about this, it isn't going to happen.
Or we could get people that post more albums and shit.
Example. Madjid, Me.

And from the looks of it it already has started to happen.
I was against it at first, but we can't just not have new members and have the same 10 ppl talk all the time.

Now for TNS sigs and other promo stuff...