Trail of free media?

Ask anything about the site here. Chances are you'll get an answer.

Media for everyone trial period

Sure, why not?
56%
Fuck no tard.
44%

Total votes: 18

Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter
Trail of free media?

Post by Peterr »

Watcha say? It could only help activity. If we don't like it, we can just remove it.
I say we give it like a month.

Vote
Slither
Hooch
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Vocals

Re: Trail of free media?

Post by Slither »

Sure, why not

I don't care for it anyway :P
Neverwakeup
Billy Spleen
First name: SEBASTIAN
AKA: are you british?
360 Gamer Tag: WFC4LIFE HOOAH
PSN ID: piss ID
Instrument 1: CIA
Instrument 2: MI6
Instrument 3: BND

Post by Neverwakeup »

depends on what kind of free media.

the new rammstein-album? :devious: kiddin! Justin Bieber? still kiddin!

ps. lend me 7 bucks!

please, no gender change!

x-treme BILLY SPLEEN forever!!!!
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

I'd like to know the reason behind the 2 nos.

Ohhzzz nozzz, we cannzzz riskzzz gettingzzz morezzz peoplezzzz!

And just a side note, PD is closing. TNS is known on PD. If TNS had a free access media section we could get some of those people. Maybe.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

My opinion is that don't need people here for media, we need Sum 41 fans. And I don't really get this media section at all. There are a lot of different programs for downloading music & stuff, _torrents_. So why people need media section? And if you are in someplace where it isn't "allowed" to use torrents for example in college, there are programs that can hide your using them. And people should just buy stuff, not download.

But I have to admit, I have requested some rare stuff too in media section, but it was long time ago!
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

samueeL wrote:My opinion is that don't need people here for media, we need Sum 41 fans. And I don't really get this media section at all. There are a lot of different programs for downloading music & stuff, _torrents_. So why people need media section? And if you are in someplace where it isn't "allowed" to use torrents for example in college, there are programs that can hide your using them. And people should just buy stuff, not download.
Ummm, half the people here dont even like sum 41 anymore...

I know theres a lot of other places for media, but there are sum 41 fans on PD. Media is just another reason for them to come. Media section is still forum activity right?
Neverwakeup
Billy Spleen
First name: SEBASTIAN
AKA: are you british?
360 Gamer Tag: WFC4LIFE HOOAH
PSN ID: piss ID
Instrument 1: CIA
Instrument 2: MI6
Instrument 3: BND

Post by Neverwakeup »

PTR wrote:
samueeL wrote:My opinion is that don't need people here for media, we need Sum 41 fans. And I don't really get this media section at all. There are a lot of different programs for downloading music & stuff, _torrents_. So why people need media section? And if you are in someplace where it isn't "allowed" to use torrents for example in college, there are programs that can hide your using them. And people should just buy stuff, not download.

I know theres a lot of other places for media, but there are sum 41 fans on PD. Media is just another reason for them to come. Media section is still forum activity right?
I still like sum 41 like on the first day I saw fat lip. I cant await to hear derycks and toms guitar, cones bass and stevos drums. Take your time guys (I know you do :2cool4u:), good things need time as said before thousand times ago.

please, no gender change!

x-treme BILLY SPLEEN forever!!!!
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

Neverwakeup wrote:
PTR wrote:

I still like sum 41 like on the first day I saw fat lip. I cant await to hear derycks and toms guitar, cones bass and stevos drums. Take your time guys (I know you do :2cool4u:), good things need time as said before thousand times ago.
ummm okay?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

PTR wrote:
That's why he said
samueeL wrote:we need Sum 41 fans
We could try it, but I don't think it's going to be much of a success. We get new members because of Sum 41, not because of free media. The timing would be off if we do it right now because Sum 41 isn't doing anything. Like I said before, no one will visit the site if nothing new is going on with Sum 41.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I agree with Jeremy on this, people should come for the Sums and not the free media but I'm against the idea of a trail but in reality it's up to V, Nic & Jake.
[donate][/donate]
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

This is a Sum 41 forum. If you're not a fan, and have never been one, then why are you here?
It's okay if you're not fan anymore. Since there's not much activity in the Sum-world, so it's understandable. So feel free to talk other stuff here.
But we don't need any new non-sumfans here.

What's the point of making the media free-for-all? It's the priviledge of the fans and members. If you want free media, use torrents etc. Then again, what's the point of media section if you can have the same free shit from torrents? If you come here only for the media, you could aswell use other sources.
And making the media free doesn't give anything back. New media-whores at most, who don't give a shit about foruming. So what's the point?

This is a Sum 41 fansite. If you're so eager to turn this into another site, then why not starting a new one?
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

TomiT14 wrote: This is a Sum 41 fansite. If you're so eager to turn this into another site, then why not starting a new one?
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Sorry, i'm just suggesting stuff guys. I mean seriously, this place only has like 10 active members...
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

PTR wrote:
TomiT14 wrote: This is a Sum 41 fansite. If you're so eager to turn this into another site, then why not starting a new one?
Sorry, i'm just suggesting stuff guys. I mean seriously, this place only has like 10 active members...
I wasn't talking about you directly. By "you" I meant anyone. :silly:

But believe me, when the first single of the new album comes out, this place will be active again.
That happened with UH, so why not this time?
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

TomiT14 wrote:
PTR wrote:
I wasn't talking about you directly. By "you" I meant anyone. :silly:

But believe me, when the first single of the new album comes out, this place will be active again.
That happened with UH, so why not this time?
How long are we going to have to wait? The place should always be growing. Not just when sum 41 does something.
And granted sum 41 barely does anything anymore....
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

PTR wrote:How long are we going to have to wait? The place should always be growing. Not just when sum 41 does something.
And granted sum 41 barely does anything anymore....
Yeah, but it's quite difficult to entertain Sum 41 fans when the band itself is doing nothing.
In my opinion there's really nothing to do.
If we open the media section, it only brings random people in. Not Sum-fans.
Sum-fans are in sleep-mode until the new album comes out.
So it's quite hard to make this place active, when the band this site was created for is doing nothing (that interesting for regular fans).
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

If there's nothing going on in sum 41 land, why not bring in others? Even If there's a slight chance their not sum 41 fans. It's not like the media section is huge...
What's wrong with more members?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

TomiT14 wrote:This is a Sum 41 fansite. If you're so eager to turn this into another site, then why not starting a new one?
This is a Sum 41 site, so why not keeping it that way?

I come here to talk about Sum 41. If I'm not satisfied with the action here, I go to other sites. Plain and simple.

The interwebz is full of sites. Go explore them if you don't want to talk about the Sums.
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

TomiT14 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:This is a Sum 41 fansite. If you're so eager to turn this into another site, then why not starting a new one?
This is a Sum 41 site, so why not keeping it that way?

I come here to talk about Sum 41. If I'm not satisfied with the action here, I go to other sites. Plain and simple.

The interwebz is full of sites. Go explore them if you don't want to talk about the Sums.
umm, who said anything about changing the site? Just because it actually has a active media section doesnt make it not a sum 41 site...
Are we not allowed to have other active sections in a sum 41 site?
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Of course we are allowed. But this is called "theresnosolution.com" not "freemedia.com" So main reason why people should join here because they like Sum 41, not 'cause they want free music. Multimedia section Requires 200 posts to enter, it should be raised to 300-500. Why would we want people who'll never post to The Sums section?
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

samueeL wrote:Of course we are allowed. But this is called "theresnosolution.com" not "freemedia.com" So main reason why people should join here because they like Sum 41, not 'cause they want free music. Multimedia section Requires 200 posts to enter, it should be raised to 300-500. Why would we want people who'll never post to The Sums section?
Why would we want other sections active along with the sum 41 section?
Your right, just the name "www.theresnosolution.com" will get the sum 41 members. Whats wrong with having other members?

Why would we want people who never post in the sums section?
Because they keep the forum alive? I don't post in the sums section...