GUITAR HELP

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

GUITAR HELP

Post by K. »

i've been playin bass for 2 years and my cousin plays guitars etc. anways he doesn't live here and today i've brought his acoustic guitar from my aunt's house. i fuckin don't know anything
i guess i only know Am
im not gonna take lessons like i used to take in bass,i want to learn it gals
help me teach me some chords etc.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Re: GUITAR HELP

Post by Bass Cone »

learn G, Cadd9, and D first. Then you can play overwhelmingly mediocre songs like Time of Your Life by Green Day.
http://www.chordbook.com/guitarchords.php
Ken
Administrator
Administrator
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: your sister

Post by Ken »

If you've been playing bass "correctly" (in my opinion, at least) you'll already know the names of notes and such. If you do not, learn them. Chords are just adding the fifth and the third on top of the note, its not that hard to learn them just takes practice to learn the fingering.

My advice is really to start by playing songs you like. If you're good at bass, guitar will only be easier to learn as your fingers will already be pretty strong. Learn riffs like No Reason, the Hell Song, Fat Lip. If you're already good at bass, those songs will be a synch. Go to Ultimate-Guitar.com and learn tabs with 5 Star Ratings. Then once you get chords down (open and barre), learn songs like Time Of Your Life (first song I learned lolol) (then you can play So Long, Goodbye too, its the same chords), Pieces, and Some Say.

I've really only been playing for a year but that's how I made progress.
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

Post by K. »

yeah i know most of the notes' turkish names in bass
and im not bad at bass im good at playin blues stuff,they r so easy, and i know some slap riffs, punk rock is easy shit,too etc.
i guess im gonna learn bass cone's chords and try to play some songs from ultimate guitar(i wanna play and sing time off your life so bad xD)
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

K. wrote:yeah i know most of the notes' turkish names in bass
and im not bad at bass im good at playin blues stuff,they r so easy, and i know some slap riffs, punk rock is easy shit,too etc.
i guess im gonna learn bass cone's chords and try to play some songs from ultimate guitar(i wanna play and sing time off your life so bad xD)
Learn Em too if you want to play Time of Your Life.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

There are a lot of chords but if you really want to remember them all remember the 4 major groups, Major chords, Minor chords, Augmented chords and Diminished chords.

Learn some power chords to, these are basically with just the 1st and 5th, this makes the chord neither major nor minor, sometimes it's nice to add an extra 1st an octave higher.

Barre chords are also a useful in guitar. Don't bother learning the chord's name just fanny about and see what sounds nice and what doesn't.
[donate][/donate]
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Don't learn anything if you wanna play Freaxxx by BrokeNCYDE.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Ken
Administrator
Administrator
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: your sister

Post by Ken »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:Don't bother learning the chord's name just fanny about and see what sounds nice and what doesn't.
I agree with everything you said but this. Although yes it is really important to learn what sounds good by ear, you need to know chord and note names.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Ken wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:Don't bother learning the chord's name just fanny about and see what sounds nice and what doesn't.
I agree with everything you said but this. Although yes it is really important to learn what sounds good by ear, you need to know chord and note names.
You don't need to know, maybe if you were learning piano where you based the melody on the rhythm chords but not really for guitar and theirs just too many to remember then you have your capo and all them to remember too. Learning all the chords would be a waste of time.
[donate][/donate]