Can't Download

Ask anything about the site here. Chances are you'll get an answer.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Re: Can't Download

Post by Bobbyjames »

RODNEYMULLEN wrote:
2712 wrote:
RODNEYMULLEN wrote:I'm getting pretty sick of this, theres a bug in the site and nobody will fix it.
You don't know that. What grounds do you have saying that, for all you know jake could be tryng to fix it right now. I suggest you ask him directly before you go on a temper tantrum because you "need" a fucking sum 41 performance.

Honestly, some people's children...
Well first of all i never said i "need" the sum 41 videos, and i've been pretty patient for awhile. I'm getting pretty sick of this forum. It's all just a bunch of weird 15 year old sum 41 fans that get together and talk about the stupidest shit in the world. I don't care what grocery stores deryck and avril shop at, and i don't give a shit what brand cloths he wears so i can go and buy the same shit he does. Honestly i don't think there is one mature fucking person on this forum. I can't make a post without one of you fucking kids trying to act all fucking smart and cool just because i can't beat the living fuck out of you in person. I'm a huge sum 41 fan but i'm starting to realize that everyone in this forum are weird kids that are afraid to leave their computers. This isn't really relevant to this thread but fuck it, it needs to be said. And you guys are always going on about noobs and shit, it's just pathetic. Yeah you guys are real cool because you have seniority on a sum 41 fan site. I've been here since around the time this website was first launched and i don't going around trash talking noobs and exluding them from areas of the website just because i've been here longer and it makes me feel cool to have authority over members of a unofficial fan made website.
how about you fuck off and die you ungrateful prick.
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

RODNEYMULLEN wrote:
2712 wrote:
RODNEYMULLEN wrote:I'm getting pretty sick of this, theres a bug in the site and nobody will fix it.
You don't know that. What grounds do you have saying that, for all you know jake could be tryng to fix it right now. I suggest you ask him directly before you go on a temper tantrum because you "need" a fucking sum 41 performance.

Well first of all i never said i "need" the sum 41 videos, and i've been pretty patient for awhile. I'm getting pretty sick of this forum. It's all just a bunch of weird 15 year old sum 41 fans that get together and talk about the stupidest shit in the world. I don't care what grocery stores deryck and avril shop at, and i don't give a shit what brand cloths he wears so i can go and buy the same shit he does. Honestly i don't think there is one mature fucking person on this forum. I can't make a post without one of you fucking kids trying to act all fucking smart and cool just because i can't beat the living fuck out of you in person. I'm a huge sum 41 fan but i'm starting to realize that everyone in this forum are weird kids that are afraid to leave their computers. This isn't really relevant to this thread but fuck it, it needs to be said. And you guys are always going on about noobs and shit, it's just pathetic. Yeah you guys are real cool because you have seniority on a sum 41 fan site. I've been here since around the time this website was first launched and i don't going around trash talking noobs and exluding them from areas of the website just because i've been here longer and it makes me feel cool to have authority over members of a unofficial fan made website.
Is it because i'm black?
Schmiznatch

Post by Schmiznatch »

bobbyjames wrote:
RODNEYMULLEN wrote:
2712 wrote:

how about you fuck off and die you ungrateful prick.
...ya know he's kinda right. I've loved Sum 41 since the beginning and I've been on this board for quite awhile, but honestly it's really annoying at times. I love talking to a few fans about the minor intricacies that are involved with a Sum 41 album or about how much fun we had at a show. However, I get on now and it's just more and more people looking down their noses at other members of the forum; regardless of actual knowledge of the band, but more about the number of posts they have.

I used to download lots of cool live videos and audio recordings of concerts here, I never really said anything because honestly, being the 5,000th person to say "THANX FR THA UPLOAD, UR THA BEST" gets a bit redundant, no?

Rodney does bring up a few good points and I'm on his side on a few of them. So, after his post I was interested to see the TNS Fanboys retort and was greeted with a direct and non-persuasive, "how about you fuck off and die you ungrateful prick". Really? Isn't this the question section? Doesn't he have a right to be upset when: A. There was a clear problem with the site, and B. He was being harassed for being, admittedly, hasty.

I'm a firm believer in criticism and think that It can not only be offensive, but also shed light on an ever-growing problem. If TNS is by the fans and for the fans, then why are their members so upset at the idea of one of their own members pointing out a flaw within the system and more importantly, why is TNS forcing people to meet a post minimum to access content that they deserve just as much as any other bloke that loves this band. Seems like a strange way to treat your fans, instead of offering them what they all want, we are being forced to spend time on this forum filled with (as previously mentioned) threads about totally unnecessary semi-related topics.

I'm sorry to be so critical of the site, it's just that I was a member of an earlier forum that, after dying, told me to travel to this one and I just miss the good old days where I didn't have to "prove" my loyalty to the almighty TNS boards, when I could have just as much access with 60 posts as some other guy who knows less than me, but has more free time and as such has well over 40,000 posts.

Whew! Rant has concluded. You may now continue to ignore my super insignificant and incredibly tiny voice/power.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

Reason for the post requirement.

We have to keep bandwidth usage down. Or we'll end up having to pay out a fortune for it. And I cant really afford to be paying out alot for this site at the moment, as me and Brandon have to work using this server too, also adding to bandwidth usage.

As for why bobby got annoyed, i'm assuming it was because i posted a link to the file he wanted and he still felt the need to go on about why it hasnt been fixed yet.

Reason for it not being fixed:

The admin's have lives to. And its only me and V who know php and we both study (or in V's case have sex with many, many people (male and female)) pretty much all the time.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

Schmiznatch wrote:
...ya know he's kinda right. I've loved Sum 41 since the beginning and I've been on this board for quite awhile, but honestly it's really annoying at times. I love talking to a few fans about the minor intricacies that are involved with a Sum 41 album or about how much fun we had at a show. However, I get on now and it's just more and more people looking down their noses at other members of the forum; regardless of actual knowledge of the band, but more about the number of posts they have.

I used to download lots of cool live videos and audio recordings of concerts here, I never really said anything because honestly, being the 5,000th person to say "THANX FR THA UPLOAD, UR THA BEST" gets a bit redundant, no?

Rodney does bring up a few good points and I'm on his side on a few of them. So, after his post I was interested to see the TNS Fanboys retort and was greeted with a direct and non-persuasive, "how about you fuck off and die you ungrateful prick". Really? Isn't this the question section? Doesn't he have a right to be upset when: A. There was a clear problem with the site, and B. He was being harassed for being, admittedly, hasty.

I'm a firm believer in criticism and think that It can not only be offensive, but also shed light on an ever-growing problem. If TNS is by the fans and for the fans, then why are their members so upset at the idea of one of their own members pointing out a flaw within the system and more importantly, why is TNS forcing people to meet a post minimum to access content that they deserve just as much as any other bloke that loves this band. Seems like a strange way to treat your fans, instead of offering them what they all want, we are being forced to spend time on this forum filled with (as previously mentioned) threads about totally unnecessary semi-related topics.

I'm sorry to be so critical of the site, it's just that I was a member of an earlier forum that, after dying, told me to travel to this one and I just miss the good old days where I didn't have to "prove" my loyalty to the almighty TNS boards, when I could have just as much access with 60 posts as some other guy who knows less than me, but has more free time and as such has well over 40,000 posts.

Whew! Rant has concluded. You may now continue to ignore my super insignificant and incredibly tiny voice/power.
Okay, I'm getting pretty fucking upset here, look, i respect you a whole lot more than him. Why? Because you didn't whine and directly insult ALL of the members. Well in a way he insulted you as well, because HE is the only mature in this place, everyone else are losers, without even knowing that most of the people here are cool cats. If he'd take his time off his busy schedule of bitching, he'd probably realize it too.

It's not like the admins are thinking "Oh, someone wants something to be fixed. Hmm, i don't know if i will, i'll just let him fry a bit", i'm pretty sure they have lives next to running a forum, everything that could be done WILL BE done, jesus. Isn't every post restriction made here for a reason, so people would contribute to the forum they're getting media oh-so-easily from instead of shamelessly leaching?

Oh my, TNS fanboys? Excuse me while i laugh my guts out.

Rodney, if there's anything you won with insulting the whole community, it is disrespect. You don't punch a person in the face and then ask him to do a favor for you, this is not how it goes.

No one is judging anyone by their post count, a person has to prove him/herself to people to get respect, i know people here with the post count not over 20, whom i've never talked with before they joined the site, who are more awesome than most of the people here with high post counts.
I don't sit here and claim that all of the noobs are retarded, yet you guys seem to think all of the higher post count members are no good.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

Janet forgot to mention that I also am no mere mortal. Long ago i ascended to a higher plane of existence to become what can only be described as a god (with slightly limited power).
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jake! wrote:Janet forgot to mention that I also am no mere mortal. Long ago i ascended to a higher plane of existence to become what can only be described as a god (with slightly limited power).
Well... I'm an Underclass Hero.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Schmiznatch wrote:I'm a firm believer in criticism and think that It can not only be offensive, but also shed light on an ever-growing problem. If TNS is by the fans and for the fans, then why are their members so upset at the idea of one of their own members pointing out a flaw within the system and more importantly, why is TNS forcing people to meet a post minimum to access content that they deserve just as much as any other bloke that loves this band. Seems like a strange way to treat your fans, instead of offering them what they all want, we are being forced to spend time on this forum filled with (as previously mentioned) threads about totally unnecessary semi-related topics.

Okay here's the thing, people are forced to make a 200 post minimum to download media because if there wasn't a limit, people could just register and download all the media they want without ever contributing to the site. It's the regular members that keep this place alive, not some hardcore Sum 41 fan that comes online only to download any new songs that get released.

Those people aren't fans of TNS, they are fans of Sum 41. The only times these people have something to say is if they can't download something.

It's a two way deal. If they want all the Sum 41 media they can get, then they should stay on the forum and post a little. If they don't like it, boo-hoo, too bad. FTL.
Schmiznatch

Post by Schmiznatch »

1st: I would like to thank Jake! for his quick an concise reply to a few of my problems with the site. I completely agree with the whole idea of Admins having lives and I understand that sites like these are not held together for free.

2nd: I still think that the idea of a post requirement is simply a hurdle in need of jumping. Am I allowed to create a thread and post "I'm earning my 200 posts" over and over again? If so, what's the point? I could just make a bunch of senseless posts and threads, but would that really be contributing or would that just be sucking up more space for people that are creating more sensible threads?

3rd: What has the board done about donations? I know that on a "sister board" for Green Day, Green Day Authority, they do monthly drives as they try to reach a certain amount by asking their members to donate whatever they can! It's cheap, easy, and you can offer certain deals or specials based on how much a member donates!

Finally, is it possible to install a time requirement along side the post minimum? Like giving a member the option of meeting a certain number of posts or a time of membership-with activity? Is that also fucked or are any of these things possible? Thanks for the consideration.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

1) Usually the mods/admins catch that and delete the posts and warn that user for posting useless garbage.

2) We do have donations (or we did at one time), don't know what happened to it though. I think bobbyjames donated(?)

3) I dunno, jake?
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Schmiznatch wrote:2nd: I still think that the idea of a post requirement is simply a hurdle in need of jumping. Am I allowed to create a thread and post "I'm earning my 200 posts" over and over again? If so, what's the point? I could just make a bunch of senseless posts and threads, but would that really be contributing or would that just be sucking up more space for people that are creating more sensible threads?
If members are clearly spamming for the sake of getting 200 posts, the mods will be able to deal with it. I remember PunkSteve single-handedly revived the Lyrics forum in a couple of days (no one posts in Lyrics by the way). Not only that, but he was double/triple posting.

Warnings get handed out, posts get deleted so they don't count to your overall total, and if it really becomes a problem, the person ends up getting banned. However, we haven't perma-banned anyone in a while.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

i got bored reading your essay, so I don't know what you said, and I also don't care. If people are so bothered about downloading media NOW, and can't wait for one of the admins to find some time out of THEIR LIVES to fix something for you, then go and create your own fansite for real fans without fanboys. the truth is, this place would be fairly dead if it wasn't for pricks like me, Peter and Tom.

I'm sorry for saying what I said, it was out of order, I know that. but at the end of the day, we're all just just kids posting on a forum. I don't care if you don't like me. I don't care what you want to say to me. get someone to ban me if that's what everyone really wants. I'm sure I will manage to find a way to carry on living my poor excuse of a life.

I love you Jake.

spank me.
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

this is why I need to be an Admin during the summer.

My daily activities are xBox, TNS, and then I might swim later. Excluding the weekend, where I have a life.
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Gunner wrote:
Schmiznatch wrote:2nd: I still think that the idea of a post requirement is simply a hurdle in need of jumping. Am I allowed to create a thread and post "I'm earning my 200 posts" over and over again? If so, what's the point? I could just make a bunch of senseless posts and threads, but would that really be contributing or would that just be sucking up more space for people that are creating more sensible threads?
If members are clearly spamming for the sake of getting 200 posts, the mods will be able to deal with it. I remember PunkSteve single-handedly revived the Lyrics forum in a couple of days (no one posts in Lyrics by the way). Not only that, but he was double/triple posting.

Warnings get handed out, posts get deleted so they don't count to your overall total, and if it really becomes a problem, the person ends up getting banned. However, we haven't perma-banned anyone in a while.
It's true, although the post still appears the post does not count towards the total, I dunno why.

The last person to be banned I believe was Daredbus and that was just cause of automatic time ban to do with warnings.

I spent like 20 minutes the other day, deleting and editing the posts from most of the spam bots.
[donate][/donate]