Supporting Sum 41

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Re: Supporting Sum 41

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Maybe Sum 41 just cater to girl fans rather than guy fans?
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Gunner wrote:Maybe Sum 41 just cater to girl fans rather than guy fans?
I'm a girl, so nah. :lol:
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

Bass Cone wrote:I actually have to agree with you guys here. After seeing anti-flag last night, Sum 41 just doesn't live up to them. Justin hopped down and shook people's hands and hugged me-i didn't even approach him he came to me. Chris #2 stayed down after the show and waited for people to buy things to get autographed and took pictures with people. They wanted to be with the fans- Chris #2 even threw his bass to someone else and jumped in the crowd during a song. When I saw Sum 41 in September it was nothing special. They didn't stick around or anything.

I still really like Sum 41, but right now they seem a little diva-ish. And this is just my opinion so please don't attack me for it
yeah when i met motion city soundtrack i hung out and talked with those guys for a very long time before the show, experienced a very exciting concert where they interacted with the fans and made jokes and talked about what they did while they were there for the past 4 days basically just really interacted with everyone and played a great show. THEN they came outside again after the show and stayed out and talked to the fans for a long time.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

d4rkst4r wrote: The entire purpose of a forum is for everyone to express their opinion, how isn't this the place for it????????????????????????????????????/

As for you meeting Steve (and possibly the other band members?), maybe the rest of us at this internet forum would have more faith in Sum 41 if they took the time to meet more of us. Maybe there's a deeper fucking lesson for them to learn here? I can guarantee you that, if I would have meet Steve, or any of them, I would have been a lot happier the night I saw them live. You've had that lucky privilege, some us haven't. I find it fairly outrageous that you have the nerve to call us negative here, when I'm sure you would be negative to if you didn't meet Sum 41. I haven't meet them and I've been dying to since about 2003. You? Your a moderator. You met Steve. You come on here and tell the world about how "I received a special message from cone yesterday via secret source that no one else can know about....blah blah blah". For me, I think I'm lucky if they read a question that I submit on their website.
Geez. I asked him a question on Myspace and he replied, that's my "secret source that no one else can know about". I thought that if I just said that Cone said such and such, people would accuse me of bullshitting and pulling stuff out of my ass. I can't win.

And until March, I hadn't been face to face with Sum 41. I've had A LOT of time to be super negative.

I've never thought for a minute that I was more important than another Sum fan or more well-connected or "the band's official spokesperson." I bring everything that I learn together and I use facts that I find to make statements or arguments.

Look, I think you guys entirely misunderstood. I did not mean to make you guys feel like I was threatening to boot you off the site if there was any negativity. You guys are ENTIRELY entitled to your opinions and you're ENTIRELY entitled to say them here. All I meant was that I think the negativity in here is spiralling out of control. It's gone from negative statements to a near-hatefest where I, for being what seems to be the one positive voice in this thread right now, am getting completely ripped apart.

I am sincerely sorry if I seemed at all condescending. All I wanted to do was support and defend my favourite band and encourage others to do the same.

(and before Deryck hurt his back, he was jumping into the crowd too, as recently as the US tour, so I'm not quite sure why that in particular puts Chris #2 above him -- Anti-Flag is awesome with their fans, though)

And PLEASE treasure what you have. Yes, I have argued against you but I have not silenced you. There are other boards where this thread would be closed and there would be bannings left and right. As the comments are right now, I would call that censorship. And with judgement that I will try to make as unbiased as possible, I will never do that unless there is some truly offensive stuff going on.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

(and before Deryck hurt his back, he was jumping into the crowd too, as recently as the US tour, so I'm not quite sure why that in particular puts Chris #2 above him
'Cause Chris #2 is badass 8)
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

Phili wrote:
d4rkst4r wrote: The entire purpose of a forum is for everyone to express their opinion, how isn't this the place for it????????????????????????????????????/

As for you meeting Steve (and possibly the other band members?), maybe the rest of us at this internet forum would have more faith in Sum 41 if they took the time to meet more of us. Maybe there's a deeper fucking lesson for them to learn here? I can guarantee you that, if I would have meet Steve, or any of them, I would have been a lot happier the night I saw them live. You've had that lucky privilege, some us haven't. I find it fairly outrageous that you have the nerve to call us negative here, when I'm sure you would be negative to if you didn't meet Sum 41. I haven't meet them and I've been dying to since about 2003. You? Your a moderator. You met Steve. You come on here and tell the world about how "I received a special message from cone yesterday via secret source that no one else can know about....blah blah blah". For me, I think I'm lucky if they read a question that I submit on their website.
Geez. I asked him a question on Myspace and he replied, that's my "secret source that no one else can know about". I thought that if I just said that Cone said such and such, people would accuse me of bullshitting and pulling stuff out of my ass. I can't win.

And until March, I hadn't been face to face with Sum 41. I've had A LOT of time to be super negative.

I've never thought for a minute that I was more important than another Sum fan or more well-connected or "the band's official spokesperson." I bring everything that I learn together and I use facts that I find to make statements or arguments.

Look, I think you guys entirely misunderstood. I did not mean to make you guys feel like I was threatening to boot you off the site if there was any negativity. You guys are ENTIRELY entitled to your opinions and you're ENTIRELY entitled to say them here. All I meant was that I think the negativity in here is spiralling out of control. It's gone from negative statements to a near-hatefest where I, for being what seems to be the one positive voice in this thread right now, am getting completely ripped apart.

I am sincerely sorry if I seemed at all condescending. All I wanted to do was support and defend my favourite band and encourage others to do the same.

(and before Deryck hurt his back, he was jumping into the crowd too, as recently as the US tour, so I'm not quite sure why that in particular puts Chris #2 above him -- Anti-Flag is awesome with their fans, though)

And PLEASE treasure what you have. Yes, I have argued against you but I have not silenced you. There are other boards where this thread would be closed and there would be bannings left and right. As the comments are right now, I would call that censorship. And with judgement that I will try to make as unbiased as possible, I will never do that unless there is some truly offensive stuff going on.
That's exactly what I've been looking for, I'll shut the hell up now.
tomhoppus is my hero.
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

Post by K. »

does with me on trl top 10 ??
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

I don't think so. It's still on the MOD Daily 10, though.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Sorry for the double post, but I have a correction. "With Me" was #7 on TRL today!
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

Post by K. »

so vote and vote
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

this is good but also not so good. MTV exposure is dangerous these days. we dont need any random 12 year old girls saying "OMG IT'S THAT ONE SONG BY THAT ONE BAND WITH THAT GIRL AVRIL IS MARRIED TO!!!!!!"
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction

Post by SociallyInept »

kevin5064 wrote:this is good but also not so good. MTV exposure is dangerous these days. we dont need any random 12 year old girls saying "OMG IT'S THAT ONE SONG BY THAT ONE BAND WITH THAT GIRL AVRIL IS MARRIED TO!!!!!!"
I so wanna kill kids like that.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

SociallyInept wrote:
kevin5064 wrote:this is good but also not so good. MTV exposure is dangerous these days. we dont need any random 12 year old girls saying "OMG IT'S THAT ONE SONG BY THAT ONE BAND WITH THAT GIRL AVRIL IS MARRIED TO!!!!!!"
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

NoReason27 wrote:
SociallyInept wrote:
Sum-42
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Sum-42 »

That's what, like, 90% of Sum 41 fans sound like anyway....and that's without MTV.....
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction

Post by SociallyInept »

Sum-42 wrote:That's what, like, 90% of Sum 41 fans sound like anyway....and that's without MTV.....
I'm pretty sure most of the people on this forum don't sound like that, and we're AT LEAST half the population of Sum 41 fans.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

SociallyInept wrote:
Sum-42 wrote:That's what, like, 90% of Sum 41 fans sound like anyway....and that's without MTV.....
I'm pretty sure most of the people on this forum don't sound like that, and we're AT LEAST half the population of Sum 41 fans.
Half the population of sum 41 fans? lawl, theres not even 1000 members here.
tomhoppus is my hero.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction

Post by SociallyInept »

d4rkst4r wrote:
SociallyInept wrote:
Yeah but most, if not, all HARDCORE Sum fans are on here
Last edited by SociallyInept on Mon May 12, 2008 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sum-42
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Sum-42 »

SociallyInept wrote:
d4rkst4r wrote:
SociallyInept wrote:
Yeah but most, if not, HARDCORE Sum fans are on here
Haha....that made me lol.
I think you were right the first time.....
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction

Post by SociallyInept »

I don't get what's funny. The fact that I put hardcore and sum fans in the same sentence?