Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

pteargriffin
Bunkface

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by pteargriffin »

i think say more songs would be nice to have, 5 songs total out of a 14 song record, i think that's a good deal
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

pteargriffin wrote:i think say more songs would be nice to have, 5 songs total out of a 14 song record, i think that's a good deal
That's maybe a bit too much. But again, that's just based on a personal opinion.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Gregorovich wrote:If they do, I won't listen to it, I want the new version of Skumfuk to come with the rest of the album.
Same.

We've already heard Skumfuk. So isn't it great that the album release will bring us a new version of it? So instead of "ah, I've heard this already, I'll skip this" reaction, we'll have something new in a song we've already heard.
Why ruin that?

I've said this before, but I don't see why these last less-than-two months are so hard to handle? We've already waited for over two years! :glad:

I'm waiting for the album release. I'm not waiting for anything that comes before that.
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

no ones saying its hard to wait, and that's fine for you if that's your thing and you want to wait, i myself just don't care and want this record as soon as possible, if it leaks, i'll download it, and buy it when it comes out, if it doesn't leak, then i hear it when i hear it
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

I'm getting desperate, that's what's wrong with me, I guess :glad:

We've been waiting for years, but now that we really have a release date, the days seem to pass by so fucking slow. Anyone else?
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Lars wrote:I'm getting desperate, that's what's wrong with me, I guess :glad:

We've been waiting for years, but now that we really have a release date, the days seem to pass by so fucking slow. Anyone else?
I have the same problem.. the waiting was easier without the release date because I knew it would take a lot of time..
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:If they do, I won't listen to it, I want the new version of Skumfuk to come with the rest of the album.
Same.

We've already heard Skumfuk. So isn't it great that the album release will bring us a new version of it? So instead of "ah, I've heard this already, I'll skip this" reaction, we'll have something new in a song we've already heard.
Why ruin that?
I don't see the difference between getting bored of the song now or getting bored of it later
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

I think "Exit Song" is a bonus track.
Back Where I Belong is probably the last track
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

DW_60 wrote:I think "Exit Song" is a bonus track.
Do you actually have the album or only got to listen to a bunch?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

FuckT41182 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Same.

Why ruin that?
I don't see the difference between getting bored of the song now or getting bored of it later
You don't? Well, I'd like to enjoy the album as a full, rather than skipping tracks because of having heard them already.
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

i don't have the album
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Lars wrote:I'm getting desperate, that's what's wrong with me, I guess :glad:

I have the same problem.. the waiting was easier without the release date because I knew it would take a lot of time..
Exactly. I never wanter a month to be over really soon. But now I have the strong urge to sleep all the way till march 29th

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

TomiT14 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Same.

Why ruin that?
You don't? Well, I'd like to enjoy the album as a full, rather than skipping tracks because of having heard them already.
well it won't be a problem in my case,I only listened to Skumfuk like for 5 times the time it got released,haven't heard it since
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

I hope there will be a lot of different editions with different bonus tracks, that would be awesum !
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

I would listen to it, but I don't want it. I want the whole album at once. I don't want any other song to leak, as long as it isn't the whole album. I just want to listen to whole thing at once. 1-14.
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

that's pretty interesting. so the album actually would only have 13 tracks and a bonus/hidden track? you didn't get the chance to look at the back of the album box right? was there a gap of silence between back where i belong and exit song?

but then again i've heard in many reviews that the order of the songs are still not finalized
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

gejmik wrote:I would listen to it, but I don't want it. I want the whole album at once. I don't want any other song to leak, as long as it isn't the whole album. I just want to listen to whole thing at once. 1-14.
This. Even if the Sums themselves released something before the album, I wouldn't listen to it necessarily.
I'm now in a mode for waiting for the album, not individual songs.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Volted wrote:
that's pretty interesting. so the album actually would only have 13 tracks and a bonus/hidden track? you didn't get the chance to look at the back of the album box right? was there a gap of silence between back where i belong and exit song?

but then again i've heard in many reviews that the order of the songs are still not finalized
I think it might be a hidden track like Look at Me. Amin even described it in his review as Look at Me Part 2 hehe.
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

here's a question; if the lyrics to the songs have been leaked or released, would you read them?

i think this was done for the dissent of man by bad religion, and i think the lyrics for appeal to reason were leaked before the album was leaked. when i first read "hero of war" i had imagined a melody for the song, but when the album was released/leaked, i was annoyed that it was the slow acoustic song. i still liked it, but i had different expectations for it.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

I don't know...

I don't think I would, because I like to follow the lyrics in the booklet while listening to the cd as a whole for the first time.