Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Mitchell »

fenderrocks wrote:I thought Nic just said Skumfuk is still a title, am I'm missing something here?
He said it's possible that it has been renamed..
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

is the 12minute song ONE of these titles, or is it three combined songs? it could be possible that the person who posted this didn't separate them like 1) 2) 3i) ii) iii) etc. but who cares, we have titles!
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Post by RileSum »

Pocket Monkey wrote:Happiness Machines reminds me of Happiness In Slavery, which had a creepy music video xD

Everyone is saying how its gonna be awesome xD imagine if it turns out its only the :50 track xD
Then it'd be :50 seconds of awesome sauce :glad:
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

RileSum wrote:
Pocket Monkey wrote:Happiness Machines reminds me of Happiness In Slavery, which had a creepy music video xD

Everyone is saying how its gonna be awesome xD imagine if it turns out its only the :50 track xD
Awesome sauce. :silly:
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Post by RileSum »

Nic wrote:
RileSum wrote:

It's the best kind of sauce around :silly:
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

RileSum wrote:
Nic wrote:
RileSum wrote:

It's the best kind of sauce around :silly:
Hell yeah!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

I really hope Happiness Machines is not 50 seconds. But I kinda get the feeling it could be the song on the album which is that, judging by the title. It seems epic so lets hope it gets at least 3+ minutes.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

I knew they sounded believable. I like most of them, seems like they're not fooling around.. prettty much "what you see is what you get". If you think about it, it was basically the same for UH, most titles were "just" lyrics. May be the Exit Song leads into Skumfuk as a hidden track with the extended intro/transition or combines them? Or may be it is in fact just Skumfuk.. although that wouldn't make sense because that title has been around forever and there is no way it would have a different temporary title now ... or may be it would? May be the label doesn't like the title so much? Too much speculation, I'm out.
Last edited by Simon on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Damn! Can't wait I wanna hear the album! :hehe: or for now the preview clips ^^
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm going to avoid any 40-second previews like the plague. I'm going to avoid any short clips for fear of building up my imagination and expectations and having my hopes dashed. At this point, if I'm going to hear a song, it's going to be full and in all it's glory. I can live off of Screaming Bloody Murder and Skumfuk until the album leak.

Also, I get this feeling that maybe the 12-minute epic is under one title only. It's made up of three songs/parts, but I wouldn't count those as three separate songs that need their own titles (since it's been said the album would have 14/15 tracks. I don't think they would take into consideration the three parts of the 12-minute song).
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

is it only me that thinks 'jessica kills' would sound way cooler as 'jessica kill'? lol
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

yeah, i agree it would be a lot more original if there were no "s".
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

not beleiving anything until we get an official announcement, but that would be sweet if there were 14 songs.
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

1. Reason to Believe Contrived
2. Screaming Bloody Murder Good
3. All Comes to an End Cliched
4. Time for You to Go Uncreative
5. Jessica Kills Why did they change it?
6. What Am I to Say This one is just awkward to say
7. Crash ... seriously just type "Crash lyrics" into google and see how cliched this title is.
8. Sick of It All Sick of everyone is better
9. Happiness Machines Sure, this one's kinda cool
10. Over Now boring
11. Blood in my Eyes Meh
12. Baby You Don’t Wanna Know This maybe the worst fucking title I have ever heard and I'm surprised it isn't a joke
13. Back to Where I Belong 'Back Where I Belong' would be easier to say and doesn't sound awkward.
14. Exit Song Jeez... was "outro" not pretentious enough?

They mostly range from being Uncreative to being cliched. "Time for You to go"... yeah that's subtle. They sound like shitty Linkin Park titles tbh. I'm kind pissed I've been waiting for an album for nearly three years that features a song called "Baby You Don't wanna Know" :sosad:
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:1. Reason to Believe Contrived
2. Screaming Bloody Murder Good
3. All Comes to an End Cliched
4. Time for You to Go Uncreative
5. Jessica Kills Why did they change it?
6. What Am I to Say This one is just awkward to say
7. Crash ... seriously just type "Crash lyrics" into google and see how cliched this title is.
8. Sick of It All Sick of everyone is better
9. Happiness Machines Sure, this one's kinda cool
10. Over Now boring
11. Blood in my Eyes Meh
12. Baby You Don’t Wanna Know This maybe the worst fucking title I have ever heard and I'm surprised it isn't a joke
13. Back to Where I Belong 'Back Where I Belong' would be easier to say and doesn't sound awkward.
14. Exit Song Jeez... was "outro" not pretentious enough?

They mostly range from being Uncreative to being cliched. "Time for You to go"... yeah that's subtle. They sound like shitty Linkin Park titles tbh. I'm kind pissed I've been waiting for an album for nearly three years that features a song called "Baby You Don't wanna Know" :sosad:

Well aren't you just the little critic. lol
Who gives a shit about song titles, its the music that matters. In all honesty, how incredibly original was "the hell song" or "still waiting", yet they are amazing songs.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:13. Back to Where I Belong 'Back Where I Belong' would be easier to say and doesn't sound awkward.
Agreed.
Resident Skumfuk wrote:Well aren't you just the little critic. lol
Who gives a shit about song titles, its the music that matters. In all honesty, how incredibly original was "the hell song" or "still waiting", yet they are amazing songs.
This is true. Even "88" is a weird title, yet the song is still good. I bet the songs with the titles such as those will be the best on the album. Ya never know.
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

i'm so stoked, but for reals, i have to agree with the wonder on the 12 minute song, really wish we could have that soon
ctoan

Post by ctoan »

I still don't feel this tracklist is legit even though Matt apparently "confirmed" it.
I mean, where's "Sick of Everyone" and "Out of Hell", which were titles confirmed from the listening party.

Matt probably doesn't remember some of titles himself, or he could have mistaken that tracklist to be real because it does have some actual titles on there yet the rest could be BS. I mean, there's always that possibility. It could still be a sham.

I won't believe anything until it comes from the band or label. It has to be OFFICIAL for me to believe it.

BTW if it is real, I'll be a bit disappointed, some of those titles are lame and "Sick Of It All" is a name of a band.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Come on ... judging songtitles, seriously? Ever heard of not judging a book by its cover?

Songs are little poems with music, and probably more than that. The same title could be the greatest as well as the worst title ever, depending on whether the actual song is good or not.
And even if the titles end up not being the greatest, who gives a shit? Not me, anyway. Feel free to make up your mind and get pissed over songtitles. I personally can't wait to hear "Baby You Don't Wanna Know" because it's either going to be fucking awesome or a total "WTF?" and I prefer that to any pop-punk anthem.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

ctoan wrote:I still don't feel this tracklist is legit even though Matt apparently "confirmed" it.
I mean, where's "Sick of Everyone" and "Out of Hell", which were titles confirmed from the listening party.

Matt probably doesn't remember some of titles himself, or he could have mistaken that tracklist to be real because it does have some actual titles on there yet the rest could be BS. I mean, there's always that possibility. It could still be a sham.

I won't believe anything until it comes from the band or label. It has to be OFFICIAL for me to believe it.

BTW if it is real, I'll be a bit disappointed, some of those titles are lame and "Sick Of It All" is a name of a band.
Even so, the "real" tracklist probably won't be very much different from this one and "Sick of Everyone" could've been changed last minute. "Out of Hell" could've been lost in translation; it did have that "~" symbol.

For one thing, I think we can trust Matt. He was true to his word with Screaming Bloody Murder. Even if this tracklist isn't final, it's likely to be 90% true.

Also, are some of these titles not on par with the ones from the past? "I'm Not the One," "We're All to Blame," "Nothing On My Back"? I never really thought of Sum 41 as a band that came up with amazingly good titles for their songs. I mean, Noots? That title is WTF, but the song is amazing.