My Sum 41 Covers

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
LulaWhibley
Billy Spleen
First name: Lula
Re: My Sum 41 Covers

Post by LulaWhibley »

I move when listen "still waiting" played with only guitar!!it is FANTASTIC!! and you play very good!!
"always" is AWESOME...thx...!!
  • ROCK IN IDRHO, Italy
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I recorded some more covers. The first three might have a few mistakes in them because I haven't played them in a couple of years. I actually had to play The Bitter End like four or five times before I recorded it in order to refresh my memory. So, there's probably a couple mistakes here and there. I also recorded Fat Lip because sara41 asked me to. I decided to record Motivation as well. It was the first full song I ever learned on guitar and I play it the same way now as I did then (kind of).

The Bitter End
No Reason
Mr. Amsterdam
Fat Lip
Motivation
Kelbunk
Billy Spleen
First name: Kelby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Kelbunk »

why the fuck are you so much better than me at guitar wahaha
seriously though you're really good..and you're covers kinda give me more motivation to practice (i always have fun practicing, but i am busy alot with school and whatnot and i'm an awful procrastinator...)

but yeah keep postin i enjoy these quite a bit

I am HEM's n00b....rad.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Jeremy, listen to me when I say this.

I want to have your babies.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

you're AWESOME! few questions. what is your amp settings and how long did it take you to get good at the really fast palm muting
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

This is really good. Just one question wouldn't it sound better if you got one of those PRS guitars Dave used?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

fenderrocks wrote:you're AWESOME! few questions. what is your amp settings and how long did it take you to get good at the really fast palm muting
My amp is set at: Gain 7-8; Bass 7-8; Mid 3-4; and Treble 6-7.
I also have a Line 6 PODxt Amp Modeler imitating a sound similar to a Marshall stack with settings similar to my amp.

As for getting good with the palm mutes... it's basically just practice. If you're playing fast songs a lot or practicing with fast songs, you'll get used to it and be able to adjust so your arms don't get as tired playing fast. That's not to say you shouldn't take it slow at first. Take it slow, get the rhythm, and once you build confidence in your skills, then you can shift gears and play faster.

But I played along to these songs a lot when I was younger so I think a lot is muscle memory and I don't really have to think about it. I just play.
Emil wrote:This is really good. Just one question wouldn't it sound better if you got one of those PRS guitars Dave used?
It probably would suit the heavier songs better, but I'm not really into PRS guitars. But by playing around with amp settings and effects, you could probably get pretty close to the sound without having to buy a new guitar.
Last edited by Jeremy Kill on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

Post by K. »

very cool covers.u are the best guitar player in this site i guess :D
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Great covers :D
I was kinda disappointed at the Bitter End. I thought you're gonna play the solo :D
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hentaiman wrote:Great covers :D
I was kinda disappointed at the Bitter End. I thought you're gonna play the solo :D
Haha, I know! I don't quite have the skillz for that yet. :sad: I believe there's some sweep picking in there and I've been having trouble learning it.