SOUNDS LIKE..... (THE OFFICIAL COMPARISON THREAD)

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Zam
Chuck

Post by Zam »

With Me sounds a lot like Missing You by Almost There. What? You don't know who Almost There is? Well, they're just one of the most awesome bands ever. Here is missing you, on their site http://almosttheremusic.com/

They sound similar cuz they're basically the same chords and when Josh Taylor [AT's vocalist] sings over the riff, it's the same.
<center>
Byzzy wrote:i'm leaving this forum for good
SOME DAYS LATER...
Byzzy wrote:fucking whores u think u can ban me? i'll be back whenever the fuck i want, zam fuck ur mom cuz she's a slut, fucking chinese

*The joke's on you, dumbass!*</center>
MissWhibley
Walking Disaster
First name: April
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by MissWhibley »

Zam wrote:With Me sounds a lot like Missing You by Almost There. What? You don't know who Almost There is? Well, they're just one of the most awesome bands ever. Here is missing you, on their site http://almosttheremusic.com/

They sound similar cuz they're basically the same chords and when Josh Taylor [AT's vocalist] sings over the riff, it's the same.
the song wont play for me.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Maybe it does, but um, I don't think Sum 41 knows who they are, so...
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
fedefam

Post by fedefam »

the end of "pull the courtain" reminds me to "we're all to blame".
Zam
Chuck

Post by Zam »

Phili wrote:Maybe it does, but um, I don't think Sum 41 knows who they are, so...
They could've been browsing myspace looking at some bands and then suddenly came across em.

They're stressed about this. They don;t want to get sued cuz they've had this song for a long time. Yeah...
<center>
Byzzy wrote:i'm leaving this forum for good
SOME DAYS LATER...
Byzzy wrote:fucking whores u think u can ban me? i'll be back whenever the fuck i want, zam fuck ur mom cuz she's a slut, fucking chinese

*The joke's on you, dumbass!*</center>
n4txO!
Bunkface
First name: Ignacio

Post by n4txO! »

Phili wrote:Maybe it does, but um, I don't think Sum 41 knows who they are, so...
Seems very improbably that Sum 41 know that band
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Zam wrote:
They could've been browsing myspace looking at some bands and then suddenly came across em.

They're stressed about this. They don;t want to get sued cuz they've had this song for a long time. Yeah...
I, uh, really think that Sum 41 has no idea who they are, and I doubt they'd be in any mood to take legal action if they did.

It starts to get really depressing when Sum 41's own FANS start pulling really out there stuff out of their asses and saying Sum 41 copied it.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

rmalik wrote:the chorus of underclass hero sounds like sum 41's subject to change chorus.
u gotta be kidding me
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

i think the same, nobody knows this guys
Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

me singing in the shower sounds like the verses in every demo song by sum 41
LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by LTS »

^^LOL

woot my thread is now the official comparison thread! GO ME!
One of a Kind of Something
Shawn from Detroit

Post by Shawn from Detroit »

tR@W!$-b wrote:
Pull_The_Curtis wrote:Its hardly "exactly"
The Verse of TALAY is EXACTLY the same as the verse of WTTBP. howk :D
The first 10 measures of the verse to TALAY are EXACTLY the same as the first 10 measures of the verse to WTTBP! Holy crap!!! The next two measures are the same chords, but with a different vocal melody. The final four measures different chords, but with a similar style.

The chorus of Jester sounds like MCR (but nothing like the chorus to WTTBP!)... which sounds like some of the stuff on Green Day's American Idiot... which sounds like a lot of shit from pop music 30+ years ago... blah, blah, blah....
Motivation, such an aggravation!
Shawn from Detroit

Pull_The_Curtis wrote:me singing in the shower sounds like the verses in every demo song by sum 41

Too fucking funny!!! I litterally laughed out loud.
n4txO!
Bunkface

Post by n4txO! »

considering the "serious" state of this topic...

Killer Queen sounds like a Queen song called Killer Queen!
and wait, hey Master of Puppets sounds like that Metallica song, how it is named? OMG SUM 41 RIPS EVERY BAND, listen to Attitude, they ripped the Misfits too even in the title!
Shawn from Detroit

n4txO! wrote:considering the "serious" state of this topic...

and wait, hey Master of Puppets sounds like that Metallica song, how it is named? OMG SUM 41 RIPS EVERY BAND, listen to Attitude, they ripped the Misfits too even in the title!
I hope you're joking, because doing a cover song (where credit and royalties are given to the original writers and performers) is totally different than writing songs, or parts of songs, that sound almost identical to songs written by someone else, and trying to call them your own.
LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by LTS »

thankfully sum 41 isn't like nickelback where they write one song and all there other songs are just variations of taht one song
One of a Kind of Something
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Shawn from Detroit wrote:

I hope you're joking, because doing a cover song (where credit and royalties are given to the original writers and performers) is totally different than writing songs, or parts of songs, that sound almost identical to songs written by someone else, and trying to call them your own.
Um... he is. Big time. Joking, I mean.
Shawn from Detroit

^ Whew!
n4txO!
Bunkface

Post by n4txO! »

Phili wrote:
Shawn from Detroit wrote:

Um... he is. Big time. Joking, I mean.

lol That remebers me the "wrong note" post about Speak of the Devil.. LOL :P

...I was joking for anyone who didn't understand.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

I dont want to start nothing buuuuuutt. The songs sound like that last one and alot of other bands songs. Dont get me wrong there awsome and SUM 41. But they have alot of shades from other bands.