what do u think about the new guitar player?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

poups41
Bunkface

Post by poups41 »

I didnt know he was the LEAD SINGER for GOB, I just thought he was a guitarist(I like a few of theyre singles but I dont know much about them). I just watched the live performance of UH and I dont think he was sounding at all that great. It was fine when he was doing the 'awwwww' stuff like on dear father but when it was go time (pull the curtain-'bring on the panic the uncontrolled erratic') It didnt sound good to me. Id like cone to sing them
Beep41

Post by Beep41 »

he acts like he cant speak english
Elise41
Billy Spleen

Post by Elise41 »

punkrockfan182 wrote:i think he should be made a pernament member of the band, yeh i know i'm gonna get flamed with "ZOMG LYK DAVE WAS TEH BETS" but come on, dave aint coming back is he? hes happy with "brown brigade" so i think they should find a permanet member to replace him.

my only criticism is his fasion, why does he wear that blue suit thing, and sometimes that daft hat.
I know! He ususally doesn't dress like that lol.

"We call him Cone because he tastes good when you lick him"

-Steve Jocz
drewd007

Post by drewd007 »

I love him and wish he'd be the permanent touring guitarist.
ahuras
Bunkface

Post by ahuras »

I find it hilarious that you slam me for being 'immature' on the last page.
I have an opinion that states I simply just don't like seeing him up front because he's not a member of the band. And that's immature...

It's not immature it's an opinion.

You watch, listen and learn everything about a band for a decade. Then they get a tour guitar who the band has made clear will not be in photos, interviews or videos and who will not have a voice in Sum 41. I take it one further, well not even one further, just putting him in the background because I don't, and I'm sure other don't, want to see a non-Sum 41 member.

Is Sum 41 immature for putting restrictions on him too?
This hypocrisy is beginning to get to...
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

i think hes really good, he nails every solo and he has a good voice
benroy39
Bunkface

Post by benroy39 »

i just like him because of what he's done with gob. they're a really good band and i'am glad to see them back on the feet after a couple years absence. anyways, i find his vocals are a little off sometimes but his playing is pretty phenomenal, especially having to learn all of these songs, not only on the guitar but on piano as well; that is pretty tough.
n4txO!
Bunkface
First name: Ignacio

Post by n4txO! »

yeah he can play the piano, he leave me with great conformity on his skills after the live sessions
Elise41
Billy Spleen

Post by Elise41 »

ahuras wrote:I find it hilarious that you slam me for being 'immature' on the last page.
I have an opinion that states I simply just don't like seeing him up front because he's not a member of the band. And that's immature...

You watch, listen and learn everything about a band for a decade. Then they get a tour guitar who the band has made clear will not be in photos, interviews or videos and who will not have a voice in Sum 41. I take it one further, well not even one further, just putting him in the background because I don't, and I'm sure other don't, want to see a non-Sum 41 member.

Uh who are you talking to?

"We call him Cone because he tastes good when you lick him"

-Steve Jocz
LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by LTS »

He has a really good voice and is a good guitar player
One of a Kind of Something
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

it seems that tom read my post about his distortion at the underclass hero intro and he changed it
DUBWOOD
Bunkface

Post by DUBWOOD »

Its weird cause i'm a huge gob fan, and when i watch and see him do vocals i sometimes forget that its sum.

his voice is awsome
***MY FIRST SUM41 ALBUM WASN'T ALL KILLER***
Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

his hat last nite was gay
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

ahuras wrote:I find it hilarious that you slam me for being 'immature' on the last page.

Well, Sum 41 did say that the touring guitarist would be doing everything that Dave did, which was lead guitar and backup vocals. I think when they said he wouldn't be in videos and photos, I think they meant official photoshoots and music videos.

It's kind of hard to hide a guy during a live performance when he's doing the lead guitar, backing vocals and piano. Plus it's kind of rude giving someone all that to do and then saying "Well, we need to please the few that really care about having to even look at you standing with us on stage, so... you have to be in the back, behind Stevo..."

Sum 41 said that Tom was a good friend of theirs and that's good enough for me. I mean, Dave was great. Dave was part of Sum 41. But he quit and I would rather have Dave gone and Sum 41 still around with a touring guitarist than have Deryck say "Well, Dave quit, so there's really no point in keeping this band alive because we are no longer the band you used to love."
ahuras
Bunkface

Post by ahuras »

I don't think having him not stand in Brown Sounds place was the make or break of Sum 41. If he doesn't stand there, it's not as if Sum 41 can't be.
He was good in the live stuff on sum41.com. Good backup vocals. Wasn't that great on Jay Leno... But I dunno. I'll just aim for center left front row when they come to Toronto.
quack,

Post by quack, »

He's alright, he has a good voice though. Hah, he's from my town.
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

He looks gay
n4txO!
Bunkface

Post by n4txO! »

Byzzy wrote:it seems that tom read my post about his distortion at the underclass hero intro and he changed it
lol
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

n4txO! wrote:yeah he can play the piano, he leave me with great conformity on his skills after the live sessions
*Comfort.
Conformity is an entirely different word.

I really think Deryck should start playing the first half of the Hell Song solo again, and I think Cone's vocals are good enough for him to do more background vocals than Tom.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
n4txO!
Bunkface

Post by n4txO! »

I agree with Phili, and thanks for the correction