Re: Rank the Albums

Post by Raku »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Raku wrote:
MachineGun41 wrote:
Resident Skumfuk wrote:
Raku wrote:5) Chuck
you aren't human.
I'm more of a punk/alt rock fan, what do you expect?
punk ?? so you like Buzzcocks,Clash,Ramonnes,Sex Pistols,Minor Threat,Sick of it All,Against Me,Iggy Pop and so on ? :silly:
NoFx, Pennywise, Authority Zero, The Vandals, The Loved Ones, Teenage Bottlerocket, The Lillingtons, Screeching Weasel, Descendents, Guttermouth, Ten Foot Pole, Pulley, Strung. Just to name a few of the punk bands I like.

Also Buzzcocks have a few good songs =D
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Raku wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Raku wrote:
MachineGun41 wrote:
Resident Skumfuk wrote:
you aren't human.
punk ?? so you like Buzzcocks,Clash,Ramonnes,Sex Pistols,Minor Threat,Sick of it All,Against Me,Iggy Pop and so on ? :silly:
NoFx, Pennywise, Authority Zero, The Vandals, The Loved Ones, Teenage Bottlerocket, The Lillingtons, Screeching Weasel, Descendents, Guttermouth, Ten Foot Pole, Pulley, Strung. Just to name a few of the punk bands I like.

I just don't understand how you can say that HHOP or AKNF are any close to these bands :silly: I like AKNF and HHOP,but definitely wouldn't call them punk at all ...but as I was writing this I realized that I actually don't care about genres at all xD
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Raku wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Raku wrote:
MachineGun41 wrote:
Resident Skumfuk wrote:
you aren't human.

I just don't understand how you can say that HHOP or AKNF are any close to these bands :silly: I like AKNF and HHOP,but definitely wouldn't call them punk at all ...but as I was writing this I realized that I actually don't care about genres at all xD
Well, I'm also a pop punk/alt rock fan... Not going to list any bands, forget that...

I will say that blink-182 is my favorite band though =D
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Trying to do this gets harder and harder every time. I don't know why.

1. Chuck
2. Does This Look Infected?
3. Underclass Hero
4. All Killer No Filler
5. Half Hour of Power

There are many factors that have to be taken into account as to how the list gets formed. Underclass Hero is the best album in terms being the most complete, but it wouldn't take top spot as an album I'd "rock out" to. I kind of just formed the list based on my tastes. I'm quite confident that Screaming Bloody Murder will top my list as after listening to the three songs released so far, I can't see myself going back to any other Sum 41 album for a recreational listen.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

it's interesting to see everyone's lists. I've noticed with a lot of bands, the majority of the fan base will have the same favourite album. it doesn't seem to be the case with Sum 41. alot of variation in these lists.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

My fav sum 41 albums change within weeks/months, all depends on what I feel like.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Ari Gold wrote:it's interesting to see everyone's lists. I've noticed with a lot of bands, the majority of the fan base will have the same favourite album. it doesn't seem to be the case with Sum 41. alot of variation in these lists.
That's probably because all of their albums are so different.. if you get someone who only listened to AKNF and let them listen to Chuck they won't know that it's Sum 41.
Other bands sound the same on different albums.. so it's easier to compare the songs/albums and decide which one you like better
theystolemytriangle
First name: Isa (ee.sah)
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Vox

Post by theystolemytriangle »

1. Chuck
2. All Killer No Filler
3. Does This Look Infected?
4. Underclass Hero
5. HHOP
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

At the moment

1. All Killer No Filler
2. Half Hour of Power
3. Chuck
4. Underclass Hero
5. Does This Look Infected?
drewd007

Post by drewd007 »

All Killer, Infected? Chuck, and Underclass are all pretty much equal in my book and depending on the mood one album is better than the other. HHOP is for sure last though. Going off current mood...

1A.) Underclass Hero
1B.) Chuck
1C.) Does This Look Infected?
1D.) All Killer No Filler
5.) Half Hour of Power
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

I actually find it quite odd that people mostly like Chuck and DTLI?. Before I joined here I thought it'd be mainly old school Sum 41 fans but everyone seems sort of younger and likes those albums. I don't have a problem with that at all :D it's just interesting. Anyone I know in real life that likes Sum 41 pretty much goes All Killer, Half Hour of Power then Chuck.
silverdolphin
Hooch
First name: Zee
Instrument 2: Keyboard
Instrument 3: Bass

Post by silverdolphin »

1- Chuck
2 - DTLI?
3- Underclass Hero
4- AKNF
5- HHOP
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

Tyler. wrote:I actually find it quite odd that people mostly like Chuck and DTLI?. Before I joined here I thought it'd be mainly old school Sum 41 fans but everyone seems sort of younger and likes those albums.
Haha, there are a lot of old school Sum 41 fans on this website. Infected and Chuck are old school Sum albums. Half Hour only really got attention in Canada and on the touring circuit in North America when it was released back in 2000. Then in Summer '01, they blew up globally and released three albums in three years. People were still (relatively) newly fans of the band when Infected and Chuck came out, so they weren't like "Awh, Sum 41 sold out their roots, AKNF 4eva!". It was more like "cool this band that I've been listening to for the last couple of years has another awesome album".

By the time Chuck came, the Sum's time at the top of rock music was winding down, as the industry was changing and their spots were being taken by flavour of the week bands and a wildly successful concept album. Couple this with Dave leaving the band, things weren't going to be the same. Sum 41 lost a lot of fans in a natural way during that period I think, and the hardcore fans knew the sound was going to change too. It didn't help that they embarked upon this overhyped journey of self discovery, limited their media presence to pretentious and choreographed interviews, released an album with a diluted sound and weak first singles in the mean time, and topped it off with having to sit out and re-schedule their promotional tour.

There was a clearly defined end of an era between Chuck and Underclass Hero, and to me it felt like old school Sum 41 came to an end then. You could even find fans that had been there from the very beginning on the slag book, but that died out completely.

Not that I'm complaining, there were songs that I loved on Underclass Hero and I have a gut feeling that they're going to gain some well-deserved recognition and accolades with the new album. And I'll always love them and listen to them no matter what! I think you'll find fans on the boards that have been with the band since the early albums that will tell you the same or something similar :happy:
MachineGun
First name: Sascha
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by MachineGun »

1.Chuck
2.Does This Look Infected?
3.All Killer No Filler
4.Half Hour Of Power
5.Underclass Hero

September 6, 2010 - Fürth
February 9, 2011 - Saarbrücken
August 7, 2012 - Würzburg
February 26, 2016 - Cologne
Volted
Bunkface

Post by Volted »

i don't think i can rank my favorite albums probably because i like them in their own different ways. at least for my favorite three albums. underclass hero isn't as aggressive as chuck or does this look infected, but that album i find the most mature and one of the strongest in terms of lyrics. also it's a pretty long album. but in an album like chuck, it has such heaviness and instrumentally is very different than the others. and does this look infected was able to combine punk with some metal influences and seems to be a good bridge between their lighter style and their heavier style.

i like all killer no filler, but like someone said before, it's the kind of music you like when you're young, and when you get older, you expect the bands you listen to mature also. it's kind of why i liked blink 182's latest as opposed to their pop punk. i think though if i were to hear all killer no filler for the first time now, what with all the music i've already gotten accustomed to, i would probably not like all killer no filler. i think the only reason i still like that album is because i listened to it a lot in middle school
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I like chuck the best music wise and underclass hero lyrics wise, that's why I'm so excited for SBM because that will be a combination of those two
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

1. Chuck
2. Does This Look Infected?
3. All Killer No Filler
4. Underclass Hero
5. Half Hour Of Power

Not too sure if I'm set on this. At one point AKNF was my favourite. I don't like having HHOP last, but that's the last spot for it. Still have some of my fave tracks on it like Machine Gun, Makes No Difference, Summer and more.
marcus10
Bunkface
First name: Marcus

Post by marcus10 »

1 - AKNF
2 - HHOP
3 - DTLI?
4 - Chuck
5 - Underclass Hero
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

fergal41 wrote:
Tyler. wrote:I actually find it quite odd that people mostly like Chuck and DTLI?. Before I joined here I thought it'd be mainly old school Sum 41 fans but everyone seems sort of younger and likes those albums.
Haha, there are a lot of old school Sum 41 fans on this website. Infected and Chuck are old school Sum albums. Half Hour only really got attention in Canada and on the touring circuit in North America when it was released back in 2000. Then in Summer '01, they blew up globally and released three albums in three years. People were still (relatively) newly fans of the band when Infected and Chuck came out, so they weren't like "Awh, Sum 41 sold out their roots, AKNF 4eva!". It was more like "cool this band that I've been listening to for the last couple of years has another awesome album".
Yeah I guess it is kind of true that Sum 41 seemed to change between Chuck and UH, so anything before UH is old school and since then it's all the new stuff. I still find it odd, not bad or anything, that peoples favourite albums aren't AKNF or HHOP. I think the music industry is so much different here in Australia. Might seem weird that it's just different countries but I really think we have different tastes here. A lot of people I know just like the punk and fun shit, and only the younger people have Chuck and DTLI? as their favourite albums.

The Sum 41 concert I went to a few weeks back (even though it was cancelled) I noticed a shitload of young people there talking about The Hell Song and UH and stuff, and my brother, and both our friends felt kind of weird being there lol. We were like "huh? have you kids even heard half hour of power?"

I don't even know what I'm talking about really, I'm just ranting now. But anyway I like the diversity in what peoples favourite albums are. Much different to some other bands.
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

Tyler. wrote:Yeah I guess it is kind of true that Sum 41 seemed to change between Chuck and UH, so anything before UH is old school and since then it's all the new stuff. I still find it odd, not bad or anything, that peoples favourite albums aren't AKNF or HHOP. I think the music industry is so much different here in Australia. Might seem weird that it's just different countries but I really think we have different tastes here. A lot of people I know just like the punk and fun shit, and only the younger people have Chuck and DTLI? as their favourite albums.

The Sum 41 concert I went to a few weeks back (even though it was cancelled) I noticed a shitload of young people there talking about The Hell Song and UH and stuff, and my brother, and both our friends felt kind of weird being there lol. We were like "huh? have you kids even heard half hour of power?"

I don't even know what I'm talking about really, I'm just ranting now. But anyway I like the diversity in what peoples favourite albums are. Much different to some other bands.
I would make a perfect Australian XD