Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by FuckT41182 »

I don't give a fuck if they drink or not ...it's their life and I am not their babysitter or something ...it's just kinda funny that we all listen to a bunch of drunkards
and btw I never drink,smoke and I hate drugs ...and I still tolerate them their lifestyle,so why can't you ?? and I meant the word NEVER
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:this thread has taken a turn for the worse, lets think of hapy things again.

I WANT THE NEW FUCKIN ALBUM NOW PLEASE.
you're right, it's not a fun thing to discuss, but the band members' health is more important than some album. and granted we're all pumped about sbm (hell, i've been hoping every day for well over a year for a release date/tracklisting/etc.) still, though, it's pretty apparent that the sums are going down a slippery slope as far as drinking, smoking, and potentially drugs goes. they really need get help (especially deryck and steve) soon before it ends up killing them, which it most certainly CAN do. i'm sure people said the same thing about brad nowell, jimi hendrix, jim morrison, and others about just letting them live life and drink/do drugs all they want. and then they died. i'm not necessarily saying that any of the sums are necessarily on the verge of death, but they're going down a scary path and while it would definitely sadden me, it wouldn't surprise me to wake up and hear that deryck or steve had died.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:besides, it seems that Deryck really hates needles ..
lol? They can't feel much worse than getting tattooed.
Remember his facial expression when he got the needle in the Congo documentary?
:roll:
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

dbauer91 wrote:you're right, it's not a fun thing to discuss, but the band members' health is more important than some album. and granted we're all pumped about sbm (hell, i've been hoping every day for well over a year for a release date/tracklisting/etc.) still, though, it's pretty apparent that the sums are going down a slippery slope as far as drinking, smoking, and potentially drugs goes. they really need get help (especially deryck and steve) soon before it ends up killing them, which it most certainly CAN do. i'm sure people said the same thing about brad nowell, jimi hendrix, jim morrison, and others about just letting them live life and drink/do drugs all they want. and then they died. i'm not necessarily saying that any of the sums are necessarily on the verge of death, but they're going down a scary path and while it would definitely sadden me, it wouldn't surprise me to wake up and hear that deryck or steve had died.
Well, I still think this is huge overreaction.

They all have their families, so I'm sure they know their limits when it comes to partying. When I met them after the show in Finland, Steve and Cone went straight to bed. Tom told that Steve doesn't really stay up late, since he wants to be in shape for the shows. He's very talkative even without alcohol, so he only drinks every now and then.
Also, Deryck didn't touch a cigarette that night, even though he was drinking all the time, so I'm thinking his smoking habits are more occasional.

I think they were much worse during DTLI era. This is just them having fun. Sure they take some booze, but they don't get hammered every night, like some other bands might do. So I'm nowhere near concerned about their lifespan. Of course their life is not the healthiest, but to say Deryck or Steve might die if they continued this way is overreaction imo. If they boost up their alcohol and cigarette consumption, then it might be more likely. But their current situation doesn't worry me at all.
FuckT41182 wrote:I don't give a fuck if they drink or not ...it's their life and I am not their babysitter or something ...it's just kinda funny that we all listen to a bunch of drunkards
and btw I never drink,smoke and I hate drugs ...and I still tolerate them their lifestyle,so why can't you ?? and I meant the word NEVER
Well said.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Skumfuk video was hilarious for some reason, clearly drunk
I don't like that lifestyle either, but nothing I can do to fix it, they're gonna do whatever the fuck they want its a rock band

and like Tomi said, none of them smoked when I was their either, D had some wine before the show, thats it
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

the smoking is that guy's from Still Waiting video fault ! :D do you guys smoke? No . Now you do ! :D
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

we need to get Deryck a new girl that cares for him :winkwink:
he's taking the rock'n'roll and punkrock life style thing a bit too far, so far the music and live shows didn't suffer from that but you never know
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

We don't need to do anything, my friend.

We don't tell you what's got for you either.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Lars wrote:We don't need to do anything, my friend.

We don't tell you what's got for you either.
I agree ...but he also got the point...in my opinion,Deryck wants to find himself a women for the rest of his life ...in his head it should be Avril and I think that at the beginning that was the real reason he started to drink so much again(while being with Avril he didn't drink much) ...and Stevo is a good friend so he drinks with him :)
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

TomiT14 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:besides, it seems that Deryck really hates needles ..
lol? They can't feel much worse than getting tattooed.
Tattoo needles barley enter the skin. Not really the same.
[donate][/donate]
dirk
Bunkface
First name: dirk

Post by dirk »

it really doesnt matter for me what is going on with the sums, some of you have no brains
If deryck becomes 85 or 88, so what. Makes no differnce for me.
Keep your heartbeat rythyms always safe otherwise welcome to hell because you get a panic attack or a heart attack and you never wake up. That;s the bitter end. So take a look at yourself and open your eyes and calm down.

Thanks for nothing :winkwink:
So long goodbye
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

dirk wrote:it really doesnt matter for me what is going on with the sums, some of you have no brains
If deryck becomes 85 or 88, so what. Makes no differnce for me.
Keep your heartbeat rythyms always safe otherwise welcome to hell because you get a panic attack or a heart attack and you never wake up. That;s the bitter end. So take a look at yourself and open your eyes and calm down.

Thanks for nothing :winkwink:
So long goodbye
what is bitter about never waking up ???and about heart attack ? it is the end with no pain ...bitter end looks so much worse than heart attack ...
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

200!!! And where is all the confetti and info release on the album? Crammed into an IR janitors footlocker. I really thought we'd have something more by now.

Ah well... Here's hoping for Christmas.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

if only the guys in Sum 41 could see what we've been talking about the last page or so!
Name
Bunkface
First name: Dave
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Name »

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:if only the guys in Sum 41 could see what we've been talking about the last page or so!
They are probably too drunk to care if they did.

i would say Cone is the cleanest member of the band. i think Deryck is just compressing his about the divorce, despite what the song said i dont think he is over her yet.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Name wrote:
Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:if only the guys in Sum 41 could see what we've been talking about the last page or so!

i would say Cone is the cleanest member of the band. i think Deryck is just compressing his about the divorce, despite what the song said i dont think he is over her yet.
I guess you're right.. when they got married he never got drunk.. I can't recall a day that he's been sober since the divorce..

200 pages of us discussing the new album.. quite the milestone.. the bad news is that we're gonna have to wait another 3 months before the release.. I remember someone saying that we would get the 12 minute song as soon as we got to page 130.. his prediction was way off
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

this is becoming quite the thread. 200 pages and we don't even know the release date yet!
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Name wrote:

I guess you're right.. when they got married he never got drunk.. I can't recall a day that he's been sober since the divorce..

200 pages of us discussing the new album.. quite the milestone.. the bad news is that we're gonna have to wait another 3 months before the release.. I remember someone saying that we would get the 12 minute song as soon as we got to page 130.. his prediction was way off
that's why they both drank, a friend of mine always say that she drinks more when i'm not around
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

I've seen them in november and it didn't seem to me that Deryck is in so bad condition as I read here. Or even those drugs.. It was after the show and I think they were even sober :D. Definitely not on some drugs..

And I don't know.. It seems that they drink every day because in those updates they take only staff where they're drunk because it's funny :D but I don't believe that they're hammered every day..

And something about a new music.. Back in Prague - late September (don't remember what day was it) me and FuckT were on Sums' show and before the show we went in some bar right next to club where was the show and we heard part of a sound check and they were playing some new stuff.. Don't really remember what was it like, and Deryck wasn't singing so I don't have any lyrics.. We didn't know it was sums I thought it's From Our Hands (guests of a show) because I didn't know what that song, but than they started to play The Hell Song. But it was heavy that's all I remember :D.
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

found this on sum41bandaids
Recently Avril Lavigne and her boyfriend Brody Jenner were spotted in Toronto, and now her ex-husband Deryck Whibley seems to have followed her there!!

The Sum 41 rocker was spotted last night by a ZackTaylor.ca reader getting wasted inside The Drake Hotel along with some of his band members and female fans.

Deryck told our reader that he and Avril are "still very close" despite their split, and that his new album will be out in March 2011.
Rock on Deryck, rock on!!
album in March :glad: and he was getting wasted again :winkwink: