'Streaming' Bloody Murder: Tracks 6-10!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek
Re: 'Streaming' Bloody Murder: Tracks 6-10!

Post by kILLDR3n »

Andros wrote:Well...If Sum 41 says that no biggie with the songs... :glad: the album can leak now :glad:
He's being sarcastic I think. Sum 41 probably doesn't care, but Island probably does.
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

kILLDR3n wrote:
Andros wrote:Well...If Sum 41 says that no biggie with the songs... :glad: the album can leak now :glad:
He's being sarcastic I think. Sum 41 probably doesn't care, but Island probably does.
haha yeh but i think they see this coming with streams, i just wish the rest of the streams would go live, i hate just having part of this haha, though these are incredible
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle

Post by kILLDR3n »

Hexidecimal
First name: Kevin
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Keys

Post by Hexidecimal »

Holy fuck, I am mesmerized.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

kILLDR3n wrote:It's on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bqpf-0rl0c
Fuck me, I listened to it. I'm putting off the other 2 songs until the album!
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

I listened to these tracks. I haven't read any of your posts about them yet on here, but I'm sure it's just a jizzfest over how "amazing" these songs are.

I don't understand it. These songs aren't even that great at all. What Am I To Say is what I told a member on here would be the weakest track on the album, after I heard the 30 second preview. After hearing the full song, I hope I'm correct. that song is awful. I'm so tired of the cliche Sum 41 ballad. I don't think there's a single other band I have heard that has me saying "cliche ballad song coming up..." whenever I hear their album. Sum 41 is the only band that I say that about, because they're the only band that makes it painfully obvious.

One more thing that I've heard throughout these tracks is that there's SO much about breakups in these lyrics. So much about divorce. The lines he's writing about the topic aren't even too clever. If he was a better lyricist, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much. It's obvious that this album has A LOT of Avril influence.

Sick Of It All wasn't too awful. It was the strongest track of them, imo.
Happiness Machines has a pretty sick riff running through it in the 2nd verse. Very post-hardcore.
Over Now is another yawn for me...
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle

Post by kILLDR3n »

Balance & Composure. wrote:I listened to these tracks. I haven't read any of your posts about them yet on here, but I'm sure it's just a jizzfest over how "amazing" these songs are.

I don't understand it. These songs aren't even that great at all. What Am I To Say is what I told a member on here would be the weakest track on the album, after I heard the 30 second preview. After hearing the full song, I hope I'm correct. that song is awful. I'm so tired of the cliche Sum 41 ballad. I don't think there's a single other band I have heard that has me saying "cliche ballad song coming up..." whenever I hear their album. Sum 41 is the only band that I say that about, because they're the only band that makes it painfully obvious.

One more thing that I've heard throughout these tracks is that there's SO much about breakups in these lyrics. So much about divorce. The lines he's writing about the topic aren't even too clever. If he was a better lyricist, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much. It's obvious that this album has A LOT of Avril influence.

Sick Of It All wasn't too awful. It was the strongest track of them, imo.
Happiness Machines has a pretty sick riff running through it in the 2nd verse. Very post-hardcore.
Over Now is another yawn for me...
You are right in most ways. I knew What Am I To Say would suck from the preview. Crash is good, but I'll hardly listen to it because it's really slow. The while 12 minute song is amazing and no one should be listening to it in parts because it won't make sense.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

I don't wanna doubt how much you like Sum 41 but it seems like if you don't like something that is cliché sum 41 then there's something going wrong :(
Last edited by Tyler. on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hexidecimal

Post by Hexidecimal »

I think maybe you just flat out didn't like it, that doesn't mean it's bad by any means. I think it's the best the sums have done, sure it's in their style, but it's still great and IMO better music.

BennerKB6
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by BennerKB6 »

I find it funny that everyone's least favorite are my favorite. What am i to say and crash are my favorites out of the full songs.
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

BennerKB6 wrote:I find it funny that everyone's least favorite are my favorite. What am i to say and crash are my favorites out of the full songs.
I also like those songs the best =D
withchappedlips
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Tyler. wrote:I don't wanna doubt how much you like Sum 41 but it seems like if you don't like something that is cliché sum 41 then there's something going wrong :(
I've said it a million times. I'm not a Sum 41 fan. I'm just going to put it in my signature so people know not to even question this anymore.
Hexidecimal wrote:I think maybe you just flat out didn't like it, that doesn't mean it's bad by any means. I think it's the best the sums have done, sure it's in their style, but it's still great and IMO better music.
Sorry, my bad. I guess I could call some of what I heard bland and progressionless. For a band that seems to be making all of the progression in the world, gaining reviews on this album discussing how this is their "American Idiot" style record, they really seem to fall flat on a lot of levels in the songs I just heard. I heard basically the same ballad I've been hearing on just about every one of their last 3 albums rehashed.

I will routinely say how much I love hearing the shifts in styles throughout some of the songs. I feel like Sum 41 has started creating the song equivalent to a roller coaster ride. Just when I think I'm about to hear the heaviest part, it falls back to a slower side. Just as I feel it's slowing down, it speeds up again. it's quite awesome to hear them doing this so much in these tracks.

The lyrics are what they always have been. They sound really bad at times, and really strong at other times. That's how Sum 41 has been since they started taking a more serious approach in lyricism. The style is fairly distinct, at least.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Hexidecimal

Post by Hexidecimal »

I guess I can agree about the roller coaster, but I think we should wait for the rest of the songs to come out to (hopefully) see if there's any more heaviness.

I hope there's at least a break down.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Balance & Composure. wrote: I've said it a million times. I'm not a Sum 41 fan. I'm just going to put it in my signature so people know not to even question this anymore.
Oh, sorry, I haven't really been on this site for long and didn't notice you around till lately, so I haven't seen you say you're not a fan. Kinda confuses me lol
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

Awesome! I'm listening right now! Why do all the good things always happen when I'm gone??

Edit: After listening to the 5 songs I'm really excited! :D Over now is fucking beautiful, gave me chills, deryck's voice is so beautiful in this, makes me wanna cry :( Crash is awesome. Sick of it all is fucking awesome, it's different but I love it, especially when it's slow and then boom, the chorus comes. And then there is what am I to say, some people called it the with me of the album, but I think this is gonna be my favorite, wow it's fucking awesome!!! Hapiness machines, is so fucking awesome!! Derycks vocals are awesome.

Well, as you can see I'm fucking excited. This is how I like to start my morning :razz: Sum 41 never dissapoints.
Last edited by lisaNL on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Just woke up. leaving in 10 minutes.. I'll put those songs on my Ipod and listen to them in thre bus...
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle

Post by kILLDR3n »

Hexidecimal wrote:I guess I can agree about the roller coaster, but I think we should wait for the rest of the songs to come out to (hopefully) see if there's any more heaviness.

I hope there's at least a break down.
I don't think there will be a breakdown.
lisaNL
Chuck

Post by lisaNL »

Am I the only who tears up when listening to over now? Especially during the line: I don't wanna die, I don't know why, this kinda fate was meant for me. :(
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

lisaNL wrote:Am I the only who tears up when listening to over now? Especially during the line: I don't wanna die, I don't know why, this kinda fate was meant for me. :(
Don't ask that kind of question from bunch of guys.
lisaNL
Chuck

Post by lisaNL »

samueeL wrote:
lisaNL wrote:Am I the only who tears up when listening to over now? Especially during the line: I don't wanna die, I don't know why, this kinda fate was meant for me. :(
Don't ask that kind of question from bunch of guys.
No sensitive guys on board? :razz: