360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re: Supporting Sum 41

Post by Dylan »

SociallyInept wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:sask and man. got jacked. :|
I knew there was another province that got fucked by that. But yeah, that's total bullshit. They did like 10 thousand shows in Ontario. Wtf?
and 8 in Quebec. :? tey better come back before next october, cause if they don't thats total bullshit.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
eazaum

Post by eazaum »

Hello everybody, I'm from Brazil, and i want to ask your help!

My Dream is to see Sum 41 in the Top's 10 from here, no matter where, Radio or TV.
So, please, enter in this site:
http://globosat.globo.com/multishow/

Go in "Música/Vote TOP TVZ", and in the list that will appear, click in the last option "Outro", and write "Sum 41 - With Me" and click on "Enviar".

Thanks!
Fuck yeah !

http://www.sum41br.com
Coming Back \o
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

Phili wrote:
SociallyInept wrote: I'd have more incentive to promote them if they played a show here. Every other damn capital city in Canada got a Sum 41 show and we got jackshit.
They didn't play in the capital of Canada either. Deal with it. I'd think that that would be MORE incentive for you. If they know that they have a fanbase in a place they are more likely to play there.
They do know they have a fanbase here. The show they had planned here before Deryck's injury was practically sold out. They just didn't care enough to come back here when they rescheduled their "Canadian Tour".

As for Ottawa, anyone who lived their would only had to drive two hours to get to the Kingston show. Believe me, if there was a concert at a city two hours away I would have gone, but that wasn't even an option.

I've supported Sum 41 for several years and I still haven't even had the opportunity to see them live, so forgive me if I'm a little bitter. After a while it just gets kind of annoying that they're willing to alienate two provinces full of fans.
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

with me is doing great :D and by great i mean better than walking disaster on muchmusic anyways. yay.
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Keep voting, guys! Sum 41's slipping down the countdown. We have all weekend to get them on top again and you can bet Avril and Hedley fans will be doing the same.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Do I have to log in for my vote to count at the Japanese MTV site?
After I've voted, there comes this Japanese page with questions and blank spaces. I just click the orange bar, and then it goes to log in page. Am I doing something wrong?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hey Sum 41 was #1 on MOD today! But it sucks because they cut off the last chorus of the song.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

Uh, excuse me, as much I enjoy and support Sum 41, they can damn well stay at the bottom of the U.S.'s Billboard 200. They plan to tour a bit then sit around for 2 and 1/2 years and expect every fan to welcome them back. They also expect to cancel 3 different shows in the greater Niagara/Toronto area, not show up to other parts of the country and wonder why radio stations drop their singles? Not mention the early vacation because of deryck's injury (even if it didn't happen since that's still up in the air). What happened to touring more than 300 times in one year? What happened to releasing an album every 1 and 1/2 years? Now before the heros of theresnosolution.com call me "not supportive", they can damn well hold that statement because I'm sorry, if your going to say that "sum 41 is at the height of their career", then your just straight up lying.
tomhoppus is my hero.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction

Post by SociallyInept »

d4rkst4r wrote:Uh, excuse me, as much I enjoy and support Sum 41, they can damn well stay at the bottom of the U.S.'s Billboard 200. They plan to tour a bit then sit around for 2 and 1/2 years and expect every fan to welcome them back. They also expect to cancel 3 different shows in the greater Niagara/Toronto area, not show up to other parts of the country and wonder why radio stations drop their singles? Not mention the early vacation because of deryck's injury (even if it didn't happen since that's still up in the air). What happened to touring more than 300 times in one year? What happened to releasing an album every 1 and 1/2 years? Now before the heros of theresnosolution.com call me "not supportive", they can damn well hold that statement because I'm sorry, if your going to say that "sum 41 is at the height of their career", then your just straight up lying.
Agreed.

It's really hard to support them when it seems that they don't give a shit about their fans
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

It is NOT up in the air that Deryck hurt his back. You can say that Sum 41 doesn't care about their fans all you want, but you KNOW that they care about the music and the money. They're in this business for a reason. That tour cancellation caused not only the current single but all past singles to be dropped from radio stations. A whole bunch of publicity down the drain. They had to pay the fees for all the shows they missed. I'm sorry, but you're sitting there bitching endlessly when you could be actually doing something about it. They do better, they tour more. That's the way it works. They were successful when they were doing 300 shows a year.

They are not expecting to be welcomed back with open arms. They've said in a recent interview that they know that they'll have to work to win everyone back. And they're doing their best. Deryck still can't walk quite the same way he used to, as I saw when he was rushing around as quickly as possible, trying to sign everything before the security rushed him away. Yeah, I saw this when he was DOING SOMETHING FOR THE FANS.

Jesus Christ. Get off your fucking high horse, get your paranoia in check, and get your facts straight.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

Phili wrote:It is NOT up in the air that Deryck hurt his back. You can say that Sum 41 doesn't care about their fans all you want, but you KNOW that they care about the music and the money. They're in this business for a reason. That tour cancellation caused not only the current single but all past singles to be dropped from radio stations. A whole bunch of publicity down the drain. They had to pay the fees for all the shows they missed. I'm sorry, but you're sitting there bitching endlessly when you could be actually doing something about it. They do better, they tour more. That's the way it works. They were successful when they were doing 300 shows a year.

They are not expecting to be welcomed back with open arms. They've said in a recent interview that they know that they'll have to work to win everyone back. And they're doing their best. Deryck still can't walk quite the same way he used to, as I saw when he was rushing around as quickly as possible, trying to sign everything before the security rushed him away. Yeah, I saw this when he was DOING SOMETHING FOR THE FANS.

Jesus Christ. Get off your fucking high horse, get your paranoia in check, and get your facts straight.
I know they care about their fans, but they care about their paycheck alot more, but I don't blame them for that. And tbh, I'm not bitching, your the one bitching about how we should spam radio stations until they play their singles, how about you stop bitching! I've already voted about 20 times for each damn poll because I'm dedicated, I don't need you to make a fucking post every 2 days tell me to.

Where's this interview? Link it, yeah that's right, I've followed every single thing Sum 41 has said in the media and they have never said that so quit making shit up unless you do provide a link to that interview with them saying those EXACT words then I'll be happy to apologize.

Don't tell me to get my paranoia in check ok buddy, my facts are straight, you should get REALISTIC. You should get off everyone's back about supporting the band, ok, I'm tired of it and I'm sure everyone fucking else is. Like holy fuck, if you payed any attention and did any fucking ass research, you would realize that Sum 41 only canceled their Air Canada concert in Toronto because they sold about only 1/4 of the place out. Yeah thats fucking right, open up yours eyes and realize that!!!1!!! I don't care what Sum 41 says, they canceled The Air Canada show because no one bought tickets and if you don't believe then check out where they played when they came back to Toronto, they played at the Kool Haus which is probably as big as my house so don't give me fucking attitude when you don't have your facts straight and come on these forums bitching about shit that you know nothing about. Quit being naive and get over it.

Don't believe your naive? Listen to yourself
Phili wrote:It is NOT up in the air that Deryck hurt his back.
tomhoppus is my hero.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

"hello, i'd like to request the song "With Me" by Sum 41"

"hmm sorry there caller, we don't seem to have that one"

HILL. BILLIE. ASS. RADIO STATION
Pedro
Resident Skumfuk
n00b: boni/half of sandro

Post by Pedro »

Bullet_For_My_Valenzine wrote:"hello, i'd like to request the song "With Me" by Sum 41"

"hmm sorry there caller, we don't seem to have that one"

HILL. BILLIE. ASS. RADIO STATION
that radio station is just damn gay >_>
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

Don/t know if the links been posted but everyone should vote for With me on TRL as that could With me alot of publicity. http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/trl/TRLvoting.jhtml
Sum-42
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Sum-42 »

d4rkst4r wrote:
Phili wrote:It is NOT up in the air that Deryck hurt his back. You can say that Sum 41 doesn't care about their fans all you want, but you KNOW that they care about the music and the money. They're in this business for a reason. That tour cancellation caused not only the current single but all past singles to be dropped from radio stations. A whole bunch of publicity down the drain. They had to pay the fees for all the shows they missed. I'm sorry, but you're sitting there bitching endlessly when you could be actually doing something about it. They do better, they tour more. That's the way it works. They were successful when they were doing 300 shows a year.

I know they care about their fans, but they care about their paycheck alot more, but I don't blame them for that. And tbh, I'm not bitching, your the one bitching about how we should spam radio stations until they play their singles, how about you stop bitching! I've already voted about 20 times for each damn poll because I'm dedicated, I don't need you to make a fucking post every 2 days tell me to.

Where's this interview? Link it, yeah that's right, I've followed every single thing Sum 41 has said in the media and they have never said that so quit making shit up unless you do provide a link to that interview with them saying those EXACT words then I'll be happy to apologize.

Don't tell me to get my paranoia in check ok buddy, my facts are straight, you should get REALISTIC. You should get off everyone's back about supporting the band, ok, I'm tired of it and I'm sure everyone fucking else is. Like holy fuck, if you payed any attention and did any fucking ass research, you would realize that Sum 41 only canceled their Air Canada concert in Toronto because they sold about only 1/4 of the place out. Yeah thats fucking right, open up yours eyes and realize that!!!1!!! I don't care what Sum 41 says, they canceled The Air Canada show because no one bought tickets and if you don't believe then check out where they played when they came back to Toronto, they played at the Kool Haus which is probably as big as my house so don't give me fucking attitude when you don't have your facts straight and come on these forums bitching about shit that you know nothing about. Quit being naive and get over it.

Agreed 110%
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

d4rkst4r wrote:

Yeah, I'm totally bitching about getting Sum onto the radio. Bitching is angry and negative, I was being supportive and positive. It's impossible to bitch when you're trying to convince people to do something, my friend.

bitch
verb (used without object) Slang. to complain; gripe: They bitched about the service, then about the bill.

Check out the interview that they did with George Strombo lately. They said that exactly. So stop trying to make me look like a shitty-ass liar. If I agreed with a word you were saying, I'd say so.

They played Kool Haus because they were the only headliner. If they had come back with Finger Eleven, they would've booked the Air Canada Centre again. I'd like to point out that most of their shows didn't exactly sell out this tour as well. Did they cancel? No. They either put on a brave face or changed the venue.

Cancelling the tour did nothing but bad things for the album and the band. They were dropped from a good half of Canada's radio stations, Underclass Hero and its singles lost a whole lot of their attention, and they totally let a fellow Canadian band down. They've been in the business long enough to know it would. I think it's quite obvious that they would not cancel a tour that big unless they absolutely had to and they DID absolutely have to. If you can still not get off your bitter ass and admit that Deryck actually had valid reasons relating to his personal health, than I cannot help you. And don't say I'd be suspicious too if I'd been let down. My HALLOWEEN show got cancelled and they didn't even come back.

And, OK, yeah, it is up in the air that Deryck hurt his back. But it shouldn't be.

And Sum-42, either insult my opinions and express your own yourself or get out.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction

Post by SociallyInept »

They were dropped from a good half of Canada's radio stations, Underclass Hero and its singles lost a whole lot of their attention
That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Underclass Hero was horrible compared to their past efforts, would it?
And they totally let a fellow Canadian band down
Yeah but really, who gives a shit about Finger Eleven
And don't say I'd be suspicious too if I'd been let down. My HALLOWEEN show got cancelled and they didn't even come back.
What do you mean they didn't come back? They went back to pretty much every city in Ontario!!!
Sum-42
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Sum-42 »

Phili wrote: And Sum-42, either insult my opinions and express your own yourself or get out.
You're like, 15. Shut the hell up.
Man, every post I've ever read of yours consists of you trying to pretend like you're the biggest fan of Sum 41 that's ever existed. You aren't. Maybe some of us don't want to support their new music. Maybe some of us think their new stuff sucks. God knows I supported them more than anyone back in the day, when their music made me proud to be a fan. If anything, your attitude makes me want to not vote for them even more. And, on the topic of cancelled shows.....
A few years back, when Deryck "lost his voice," and cancelled a bunch of shows....he convieniently forgot to reschedule a few. Why?
NOBODY BOUGHT TICKETS.
You can't argue numbers. Nobody wanted to go see them, except me, and like...5 other people.
Long story short, you annoy me severely. Get over yourself, and realize that there are other Sum 41 fans out there, who may not share the same opinion as you. And, for that matter, have been listening to them for far longer than you have.
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

:shock:

So erm... anyone seen derycks wee?

its pretty cool, its got red X's on it.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite

Post by d4rkst4r »

Phili wrote:
d4rkst4r wrote:

Yeah, I'm totally bitching about getting Sum onto the radio. Bitching is angry and negative, I was being supportive and positive. It's impossible to bitch when you're trying to convince people to do something, my friend.

bitch
verb (used without object) Slang. to complain; gripe: They bitched about the service, then about the bill.

Check out the interview that they did with George Strombo lately. They said that exactly. So stop trying to make me look like a shitty-ass liar. If I agreed with a word you were saying, I'd say so.

They played Kool Haus because they were the only headliner. If they had come back with Finger Eleven, they would've booked the Air Canada Centre again. I'd like to point out that most of their shows didn't exactly sell out this tour as well. Did they cancel? No. They either put on a brave face or changed the venue.

Cancelling the tour did nothing but bad things for the album and the band. They were dropped from a good half of Canada's radio stations, Underclass Hero and its singles lost a whole lot of their attention, and they totally let a fellow Canadian band down. They've been in the business long enough to know it would. I think it's quite obvious that they would not cancel a tour that big unless they absolutely had to and they DID absolutely have to. If you can still not get off your bitter ass and admit that Deryck actually had valid reasons relating to his personal health, than I cannot help you. And don't say I'd be suspicious too if I'd been let down. My HALLOWEEN show got cancelled and they didn't even come back.

And, OK, yeah, it is up in the air that Deryck hurt his back. But it shouldn't be.

And Sum-42, either insult my opinions and express your own yourself or get out.
Bitching isn't always negative, it even says so in your definition there, "complain". You have been complaining to everyone here about our "lack of support", that my friend, IS bitching.

As for that interview that I just watched, here's what deryck said EXACTLY
George: "Is it harder to start the second time?"
Deryck: "Yes, well not for us but for everyone else to get back into it. Try and convince everyone to get back into the album."
Then they started comparing work to a dog and pony show and if you took them serious when they said that, then you need a sense of humor.
Convince everyone to get back into the album? Yeah ok, they should have convinced me to get into the first time around.

As for them playing at the Kool Haus instead of the Air Canada Center the second time around, Phili, have you ever sat down and wondered why Sum 41 was the only headliner? Because Finger Eleven realized Sum 41 was bringing them down. Personally I don't care for them at all but during the Live Nation tour, I bet Finger Eleven was praying for an opportunity to cancel the damn tour, it was brutal.

As for Canadian Radio Stations dropping their singles, I'm not sure if you don't know how touring works but just because a radio station drops your single, doesn't give you an excuse to stop touring. When a radio station plays your singles, it means their sponsoring you so when you do go play, the radio station pays for you to play at the venue, playing at a venue isn't free and someone has to make out the check.

Your probably wondering why no radio stations are sponsoring Sum 41, well, it isn't damn fucking because we at theresnosolution.com arn't being supportive, it's because Underclass Hero didn't sell well. Now, before you hit your "reply" button and flame me for the above statement and say "....BUT UNDERCLASS HERO IS THEIR BEST SELLING RECORD!!!!!!!". Really? no it's not. Let me post a little chart I found.
Source
Im sorry, just because there are more copies of Underclass Hero than bibles in Japan, doesn't make Underclass Hero their best album. Look how dead they are in North America or Europe.

Don't believe me? K.

2008 Tour Dates for Europe:
Brixton Academy (February 21)
Norwich UEA (22)
Cardiff University (23)
Southampton Guildhall (24)
Manchester Academy (26)
Leeds University (27)
Nottingham Rock City (28)
Glasgow Barrowlands (March 1)
Newcastle Academy (2)
Birmingham Academy (3)

They played 10 times in Europe, 10 fucking times. That so laughable it could make your head spin. Thank God I don't live in Europe.

Source

So what does Sum 41 have planned for the summer? Only 3 tour dates that are sponsored by radio stations. That's pathetic. Sum 41 should say fuck you to the radio stations and get shows that arn't sponsored by radio stations. YOU DON'T NEED RADIO STATIONS TO FUND YOUR VENUES! They live in LA for God's sake, they can suck up a few tour expenses.

For me, I just think right now theie absolutely lost in the music world/industry. As for the future, Sum 41 should there game face's on, tour this summer intensely, write an album that North American's and European's like for once and release it next spring/summer.

Man, why do you make me post freaking essay's about how this album has been a failure? Even Sum 41 knows themselves it's been brutal, even though they don't come out and say it. Even the people here at theresnosolution.com know it's failure, but that doesn't mean we hate them.

btw you just got ripped.
tomhoppus is my hero.