And the worst album of 2010 is...

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
patenttiftw
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Aarne
360 Gamer Tag: partonen2
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: Gobbed

Re: And the worst album of 2010 is...

Post by patenttiftw »

Max wrote:Just throwing this out there but the first two singles from Good Charlottes Cardiology are sounding pretty fucking awful. I've got no hopes for the album anymore.
I thought atleast Like It's Her Birthday sounded ok, the lyrics are horrible tho.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

^
Like It's Her Birthday is actually quite a catchy tune. Kinda stupid and the lyrics are bad, yeah, but as a whole, its a nice catch pop punk tune.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

"Worst" is a bad term.. Disappointing would fit better.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I finally gave it a listen and I have to say that I enjoyed it. It wasn't classic Linkin Park but that doesn't necessary mean it's a bad thing.
[donate][/donate]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm halfway through and so far it's been pretty boring. Blackout is really the only track that stands out to me right now.

I seriously LOL'd at the irony of the chirping crickets in "Empty Spaces" though.

EDIT: Okay, so after listening to the album, the last half is easily better than the first. The Messenger ended up being my favorite song along with Iridescent. The one thing I didn't like about this album was all these shitty one-minute tracks.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

it's okay, im sure it'll grow on me. it seems that M2M lacked in presence from "mr hahn", while this new one has too much of him. they had that winning formula on HT and Meteora. i wouldn't mind half an album of HT/Meteora and the other half this new stuff. i hope in 4 more years we get that kind of album, but preferably sooner.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Ok so for some reason I can't quote people on my phone. Anyway the album has to grow on you. There is that feel of hybrid/meter because there's a lot for of beck and forth with Chester and mike. Now the songs may be slower, but I.think that the energy is there. Take blackout for example. Now I do think there's too much "technoish" in the cd and there could be more of actual guitars but hey what can you do about it. I also agree with whoever said here's too much of Mr han. I don't know how they could pull off blackout live. I would love to hear it but the good part of the song is where han comes in with the guitars. Unlike minutes to.midnight, there's no hard rock/punk song. Like no more sorrow or given up which surprised me. It grew on me this cd I've listened to it 5 times already but the 1 minute "songs" are kinda annoying. I might be the only person that actually appreciates this album.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, I felt a couple of songs on there had a more classic Linkin Park feel to them compared to the singles I've heard from Minutes to Midnight. It seems like they've gone too far the other way with this album, where Minutes to Midnight was more standard rock, this one is more electronic sounding.

I'm sure I'll give it another listen and who knows, by then I might love it to shit. It's like the +44 album. I only liked the title track when I first listened to the album and it wasn't until last summer I was listening to the entire album start to finish every single day.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

^
Yeah Jeremy you might be right. I listened to the whole album again now and it's not THAT bad. Though it is very disappointing that I heard The Catalyst like a month ago and I thought it was pretty bad for a Linkin Park song and now when I have the whole album, I think it's probably the best song on the album or at least one of the top 3 there which is sad cuz for an LP song, it's pretty bad...
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I actually bought the album yesterday and, on listening to it, thought it was a fairly sturdy piece of work- provided you listen to the entire album start to finish, and put aside the fact that this is NOT hybrid theory. All these 1-minute songs and speeches about nuclear warfare etc. are quite effective when listening to the album as a whole. Although, yes I would haves liked to see much more guitar in this. Too much Mr Hahn for my liking. Favourite tracks have to include When They Come For Me, Wretches & Kings, The Messenger, and possibly Blackout.
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

Havent listened to LP's new record yet maybe someday, but new single/sound is awful

Simple Plan's 3rd album was ok but not all great, i like some songs on it but not all and I like Good Charlotte's new song too, even though I think it seemed bit silly at first with whole "like it's her birthday" yeah lyrics kinda silly but it's ok part from that, i like the riff/solo very much

but worst album year so far I'd say would prob have to be LP's new one, then again I prob could name lot albums if we start talking about UK chart music, lol the shit you get