Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re: Supporting Sum 41

Post by Dylan »

SociallyInept wrote:
Phili wrote:And they totally let a fellow Canadian band down
Yeah but really, who gives a shit about Finger Eleven
i do. :?
SociallyInept wrote:
Phili wrote:And don't say I'd be suspicious too if I'd been let down. My HALLOWEEN show got cancelled and they didn't even come back.
What do you mean they didn't come back? They went back to pretty much every city in Ontario!!!
i agree. 10 shows in ontario and 8 in Quebec were scheduled afterwards. me, SociallyInept and a few other people got completely robbed. i don't like it that Phili is complaining about her show being cancelled and not being rescheduled at the same spot. she can travel a small distance to go to a concert if she wanted but we cannot, its a VERY long drive to the nearest concert for us. :?
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

I don't want to hear non of yall bitching coz no one but hill billy acts play here. and not even that often. :lol:
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

Bullet_For_My_Valenzine wrote:I don't want to hear non of yall bitching coz no one but hill billy acts play here. and not even that often. :lol:
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

tomhoppus wrote:
Bullet_For_My_Valenzine wrote:I don't want to hear non of yall bitching coz no one but hill billy acts play here. and not even that often. :lol:
And the reason for this spam? :P
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

Bullet_For_My_Valenzine wrote:
tomhoppus wrote:
And the reason for this spam? :P
i was just gonna quote it but i thought "fuck it might as well put a few dots down"

now you know how my mind works (1 more post yay! :lol:)
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

When did I ever say that the sales for Underclass Hero were not brutal? Please, point that out to me. I'm interested to see what you come up with.

I acknowledge that "Underclass Hero" bombed. I'm not stupid, alright? I KNOW that the sales were shit and the singles did not do well.

Speaking of the singles, let's just get one thing straight here. The singles were dropped AFTER the tour was cancelled. Here, they were playing "Underclass Hero" on The Bear nearly every hour. It was #1 on their Top 20. The moment the tour got cancelled, Sum 41 disappeared from the station. Haven't been played since. "With Me", their biggest hit from this album, has not seen one second of airplay on this station.

I REALIZE that them being dropped wasn't an excuse not to tour. And they didn't use it as one. THEY CAME BACK. No, they did not come back to the Prairies, and I can't say anything to defend that. I think it fucking sucks that they didn't reschedule in the Prairies.

I'm not complaining about them not rescheduling here. I'm fine, because as you pointed out, I was able to drive a few hours away. And, yeah, I know that I was lucky.

And by the way, they're currently in the process in booking dates for the summer, and apparently they're going to be in Europe. So back off.

Sum-42, yeah, I'm 16. Whoopdedoo. What does that have to do with anything? Congratulations, you had the honour of being born a few years before me. And good for you, you discovered them before I did. I KNOW I am not the biggest fan out there. I'm not even close. I'm just another kid who likes a band and wants to see them do well. I want to see them get support. When they get criticism that I don't think they deserve (especially the "Deryck didn't hurt his back" shit), I dare to defend them. But when they do deserve criticism (like Deryck constantly having "vocal issues" then being caught partying it up somewhere else), I'm not going to drag people down for saying stuff. I'm sorry if you have a problem with that. I'm sorry if you take issue with me.

I'm not here to argue about stupid shit (especially things that have already been settled). I'm here to be there for Sum 41. So, just chill, OK? I have my opinions, you have yours.

I'm asking right now, though, that everyone drop the whole back injury thing. It's in the past, no matter what your opinions are.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

NoReason27 wrote:
SociallyInept wrote:
Phili wrote:And they totally let a fellow Canadian band down
Yeah but really, who gives a shit about Finger Eleven
i do. :?
SociallyInept wrote:
Phili wrote:And don't say I'd be suspicious too if I'd been let down. My HALLOWEEN show got cancelled and they didn't even come back.
What do you mean they didn't come back? They went back to pretty much every city in Ontario!!!
i agree. 10 shows in ontario and 8 in Quebec were scheduled afterwards. me, SociallyInept and a few other people got completely robbed. i don't like it that Phili is complaining about her show being cancelled and not being rescheduled at the same spot. she can travel a small distance to go to a concert if she wanted but we cannot, its a VERY long drive to the nearest concert for us. :?
Fucking agreed.

And radio stations in my area are fuicking whoring With Me, so its not getting no airplay. Every time I turn on the radio, which is not often at all, I hear With Me playing. It was never like that with ANY of their other singles, at least not here. Especially not Underclass Hero.

And they're booking more shows in Europe in the summer. REALLY? They're coming back to the US to play three shows and they can't just travel a little futher fucking north to make up for the fucking shows they ditched on but they are willing to travel over the fucking Atlantic to play 10 more shows in Europe?!?

I've pretty much lost all hope for them
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

I just heard from Cone. Apparently the summer dates will be relatively wide spread and one of the first places he mentioned was Canada.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Phili wrote:I just heard from Cone. Apparently the summer dates will be relatively wide spread and one of the first places he mentioned was Canada.
If they come back to where I live I will be so happy. I've seen them but my friend hasn't and it would be perfect.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction

Post by SociallyInept »

Phili wrote:I just heard from Cone. Apparently the summer dates will be relatively wide spread and one of the first places he mentioned was Canada.
That's convenient
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

SociallyInept wrote:
That's convenient
Stop whining.

NO ONE plays here, you can at least see other bands if you want.

Or even had the CHANCE of seeing them?

psh, you spoiled brats.

I'm not kidding, I mean i know it sucks. but put yourself in my shoes. :|
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

SociallyInept wrote:
That's convenient
Convenient does not equal false. I asked him, he replied. Wow.

Chill out...
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction

Post by SociallyInept »

Phili wrote:
SociallyInept wrote:
That's convenient

Chill out...
I'm didn't say its false. I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just saying it's convenient.

And bullet, where do you live? You keep saying you get no bands but I find that hard to believe. Besides, it's different when you KNOW they aren't coming to your town. Then you don't get your hopes up. When they say they're gonna come to your town and then are forced to cancel but promise they'll come back and then do come back but ignore half of their home country, it's kinda like a slap in the face to a good portion of their fans.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk

SociallyInept wrote:
Phili wrote:
SociallyInept wrote:
That's convenient

Chill out...
I'm didn't say its false. I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just saying it's convenient.

And bullet, where do you live? You keep saying you get no bands but I find that hard to believe. Besides, it's different when you KNOW they aren't coming to your town. Then you don't get your hopes up. When they say they're gonna come to your town and then are forced to cancel but promise they'll come back and then do come back but ignore half of their home country, it's kinda like a slap in the face to a good portion of their fans.
I live in bumfuck Wyoming. :o

in a town with 450-60 people.

the last big thing to played here was Braid Paisley, and that was last year in a town 200 miles from me.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

Yeah man, no one fucking goes to Wyoming, thats a ghost state.
tomhoppus is my hero.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

i agree with darkstar.

sum 41 doesnt really seem to care anymore. they are being lazy and it seems as if the money is way more important overall.

from experience:

fans showed up literally HOURS before the show on 9/27/07 and not a sign of the guys leaving the damn bus except when people from a fucking horrible radio station arranged 3 minute photos with the band ONLY to those who won some fucking guitar hero contest, not the fans waiting for hours.

so we suck it up and enter the show and patiently wait for sum 41 to get on stage and when they finally do, they play for ONE HOUR (yes 60 minutes), no excitement from the band and it was as if they didn't even want to be there. the performance was rather poor (unlike the past two times they have came to grand rapids in 2004-05).

after the show was done (about 10:20 pm) kids waited outside for the band once again, and sum 41's touring crew made everyone move about 50ft away from anywhere near the door. and guess what, they didnt even come outside until 1:15 am and according to the very few kids who got to meet them they were not really excited and talked for about ten minutes then left to go get even more drunk somewhere else. apparently it was avril's birthday and she there but that is no excuse at all.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Bahaha, one important thing about Sum 41. This has always been a rule with them. If they promise something, it will guaranteedly not come either ever or a VERY long time.

Anyway, I'm sure they do their best. I do think that when they fired all those people around them, they made some bad choices. They should not've parted ways with Greig and I'm pretty sure they fired some vital publicists and booking agents. When they came back with Underclass Hero, their methods of creating publicity and the way their tours were booked went down the drain. Plus, they clearly do not have the same connection with Ari that they had with Greig

So... that means the fans need to be all the more supportive and just as strong (if not stronger) as they used to be. So vote when you can. :)
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

Phili wrote:Bahaha, one important thing about Sum 41. This has always been a rule with them. If they promise something, it will guaranteedly not come either ever or a VERY long time.
Lol it must of rubbed off on Dave to as i don't think the Brown Brigade EPs will ever be released.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

Sum 41 needs Grieg Nori and they need him now. PS, I'd like to thank the people who see my point of view on this.
tomhoppus is my hero.
Sum-42
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Sum-42 »

I'd love to vote for Sum 41.
I really would.
I want Sum 41 to make another album as much as anyone.
But, i fear that voting for any song off this particular album, would only give the band the false impression that I actually enjoy the musical direction that they are going in.
I'd be lying to them.....and myself.
Perhaps they'll redeem themselves next time around.
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.