THERE IS A CHANCE!!!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Re: THERE IS A CHANCE!!!

Post by Phili »

Exactly. While I love Dave, as long as he's not in the band, his opinion on what they do doesn't really matter. It's their career. I think how much the band dynamic has changed since his departure really shows how hard they worked to try and accomodate him. And if he were to come back, the band dynamic would change completely again. It will never be the same as it was, but if they were always the same, it would be VERY boring.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Spencer
Hooch

Post by Spencer »

i like how he said but they need to start enjoying themselves again because its very true
" I pledge the allegiance to the underclass as your hero at large "
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, yeah, i agree it doesn't really matter what he thinks since he's not in the band anymore, but on the other hand, it seems like if they were enjoying themselves like he thinks they should, he would come back, which could be amazing, cuz the fans enjoy and Dave will enjoy as well, as long as he know they ARE enjoying themselves and maybe we cannot see it, but i'm sure Dave knows a lot better what he's talking about, cuz he was in a band, and he left that band... and we just see the interviews and concerts and we dont know everything.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Hentaiman wrote:Well, yeah, i agree it doesn't really matter what he thinks since he's not in the band anymore, but on the other hand, it seems like if they were enjoying themselves like he thinks they should, he would come back, which could be amazing, cuz the fans enjoy and Dave will enjoy as well, as long as he know they ARE enjoying themselves and maybe we cannot see it, but i'm sure Dave knows a lot better what he's talking about, cuz he was in a band, and he left that band... and we just see the interviews and concerts and we dont know everything.
what? :lol:
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal

Post by fergal41 »

Gunner wrote:I'm a little skeptic about how everyone feels after Deryck's injury regarding the success of the album and whatever potential it has left. So I don't know.

I just wanted to say though...
Avril will make more money (well, bring home) more money than Deryck because Sum 41 spends the money they make off touring paying off the damages they've done in dressing rooms and whatnot. Of course, it's not the primary reason. The primary reason is that Avril is more famous than Sum 41, so she'll sell more records.

Also Sum 41 were to take a break (a long break) then they wouldn't be making any money. As a musician, you need to sell records and tour to get the green. And it's not stressful writing new songs unless you've got a deadline. I'm pretty sure Sum 41 said they had the most fun writing and recording Uunderclass Hero.

Nah dude..they make over half their money from merchandise sales which is why bands can afford to give their music away for free,stream it etc these days. Management and organizers always have and will get literally seventy percent plus of the cash from a world tour
Blastero

Post by Blastero »

I always thought it was touring that brought in the money for bands, and that royalties from albums are quite pathetic on major labels.
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

I just feel that Sum 41 are not marketed enough
Who ever promotes them i think doesnt do a gd enough job
how many of you guys seen Posters or flyers out in the streets?

I think thats where we should come in personally
Gebirgskuchen
First name: Daniel
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Gebirgskuchen »

Yeah you're totally right. Of course on the one hand Sum 41 isn't popular here in Germany, on the other hand are 2000 people coming to their concerts due to mouth-to-mouth propaganda. But nevertheless I never see anything of Sum 41 in the Media. The last thing I HEARD was "So Long Goodbye" as a backing track in the MTV series "Life of Ryan"...
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

Last time i ever saw a sum 41 advert on tv was for the Does this look infected release. :evil:
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

Post by K. »

i saw on tv when they were coming to a turkish festival with avril last year but they canceled it only avril came
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

This is going really offtopic, but I'm continuing it. :P

In Finland, I've seen Sum 41 on TV only once, the music video of Underclass Hero a year ago.
On radio, UH and Walking Disaster they played like once a week at night, just to make sure no one can hear them. I never heard any Chuck songs, and Still Waiting was the only one they played from DTLI.

Fat Lip was the only song that really got mainstream in Finland. :(
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

The only thing we get up here is ither Fat Lip, In Too Deep played on Kerrang and Scuzz
in VERY rare occasions they might play ither The Hell Song or Motivation

Thats it
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

Mr-David-Blues wrote:The only thing we get up here is ither Fat Lip, In Too Deep played on Kerrang and Scuzz
in VERY rare occasions they might play ither The Hell Song or Motivation

Thats it
Scuzz have played Still Waiting quite a bit recently, Hell song is rare, over my head is ultra rare but scuzz sometimes show them both. Strangely last summer out of all the possible videos kerrang play What were all about quite alot. Apparently one of my friends has seen with me a few times on scuzz but i don't believe them.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

I think they started getting shaky once the band (and by band I mean deryck and steve) moved out of Toronto. I hear alot of stuff about bands and fans separating when the band gets full of themselves, moves to LA and their next album sounds totally different. As for sum 41 changing, I think you all are missing the point, Sum 41, especially deryck, has made it clear they don't want to record the same album twice, they're clearly intentionally making their albums sound totally different each which is good and bad.

As for the guys who have turn this thread into a deryck trashing thread, I can see where your coming from but, I think your all being a little too harsh. Sure deryck may not give credit to other members but I think Dave said it best," deryck's just trying to protect his baby".
tomhoppus is my hero.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

d4rkst4r wrote:Sure deryck may not give credit to other members but I think Dave said it best," deryck's just trying to protect his baby".
Yeah, that's right. I could easily imagine myself having lost faith in Sum 41 back in 2006 had Deryck said "Yeah, Dave was a big contribution to the group. But we'll still be making a record!"

In a way, it's bitter-sweet for me. Had Deryck actually said that I would have so much respect for them for making Underclass Hero. But since it feels like I've been a little mislead, I feel a bit bitter. But yeah, Deryck just wanted to not let everything explode out of the water.

Anyways, since they make a point of not recording the same album twice, I'll be highly looking forward to the next one.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

and the one after that.
tomhoppus is my hero.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

d4rkst4r wrote:and the one after that.
But of course!
Tyler41
Walking Disaster
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by Tyler41 »

that would be fucking amazing if dave rejoined the band
All that I need is time for me to breathe. Dream little dreams that only I believe. Now that I see beyond the light, I'm gonna be, I'll be alright.
xmarryxx
King of Contradiction
First name: marry
n00b: GreenReem41
AKA: marry
Instrument 1: GUITAR FTW
Instrument 2: piano
Instrument 3: bass

Post by xmarryxx »

:shock:
Jan 22, 2009

cone u r so fucking kool stevo u r fucking bizzyd u r cool too whats your new album called
asked by cone1212 on Jan 21, 2009 5:03pm

Contrary to what you just wrote, I'm not fucking bizzy d. We're just friends. Let's not go and make Cone jealous now...
answered by Stevo on Jan 22, 2009 2:18pm
if you like this Q&A, then you should read my story:
http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... =25&t=5382

UPDATED!

Still Waiting is my amazing master

GreenReem41 and Sara41 are my awsome noobs
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar