THERE IS A CHANCE!!!

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Re: THERE IS A CHANCE!!!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Sum 41 just isn't Sum 41 without the tangy zip of Mircale Brownsound.
Pedro
Resident Skumfuk
n00b: boni/half of sandro

Post by Pedro »

Gunner wrote:Sum 41 just isn't Sum 41 without the tangy zip of Mircale Brownsound.
Gebirgskuchen
First name: Daniel
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Gebirgskuchen »

I also don't think that they're really enjoying themselves, to be honest...
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

w000ww
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

Basically, Deryck needs to stop being a fag and get over himself.

Guest is my noob.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well yeah, to be honest, its like Deryck saying thats the best they ever been in the matter of writing and making the music that really suits them, after all the trobule that they had with Chuck and all... but live it seems like they aren't enjoying themselves like once... maybe they're just burning out, but its like Deryck kinda trying to have fun and all but sometimes all those fun stuff he talks and does seems like fake sentences he says over and over at every show like he must to not show that the band is tired and burned out, and if its the truth - thats too bad.
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

I don't know, when i first read the reply of Dave, i thought, no, there's no chance. To remind why he left in the first place and the "When they start enjoying themselves" sounded like he belived that they won't. Maybe i was wrong, i don't know, but it sounded so wierd.
Gebirgskuchen
First name: Daniel
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Gebirgskuchen »

Dave already have said in an inetrview that most concerts are kind of faked and totaslly planned, but the band is saying for example. He said that concerts have to be more spontanious. Sum 41 isn't spontanious at all, looking at their concerts.
Blastero

Post by Blastero »

I didn't exactly take that reply as, "I plan on coming back to Sum 41". I took that as more, "I'm open minded."

Dave left Sum 41 because he was fed up with the mainstream music industry, something Sum 41 is heavily involved in. Dave probably feels that all the trouble taken to get on MTV and be a "big" band takes away from the enjoyment of simply playing music.

Most of the things that turned Dave off about the Sum 41 are still there. I know this might be an unpopular thing for me to say, but honestly, Sum 41 still adheres to many mainstream music conventions. Brown Brigade is much more of an independent endeavor, focused much more around simply writing and playing music, rather than getting on MTV or being on the Warped Tour and whatnot.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Gebirgskuchen wrote:Sum 41 isn't spontanious at all, looking at their concerts.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this.

After listening to some bootlegs and live shows, I predicted the first 7 songs they played in London, UK, and most of the talking Deryck did.

:(
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

i just want another sum 41 record
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

when i go to a concert i don't want to hear the same songs, or hear the same lines as i do from most of these shows that i can find on here. i want every show to be different.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Claudia
Billy Spleen
n00b: bunny
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Claudia »

Nah, I don't think so.
Amys n00b and Philis grandn00b
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I find it very unlikely that Brownsound will return, as a special guest but not as a full time band member again
[donate][/donate]
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Post by wiggs1441 »

Blastero wrote:I didn't exactly take that reply as, "I plan on coming back to Sum 41". I took that as more, "I'm open minded."
yup... thats why theres a chance
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Blastero wrote:I didn't exactly take that reply as, "I plan on coming back to Sum 41". I took that as more, "I'm open minded."

Dave left Sum 41 because he was fed up with the mainstream music industry, something Sum 41 is heavily involved in. Dave probably feels that all the trouble taken to get on MTV and be a "big" band takes away from the enjoyment of simply playing music.

Most of the things that turned Dave off about the Sum 41 are still there. I know this might be an unpopular thing for me to say, but honestly, Sum 41 still adheres to many mainstream music conventions. Brown Brigade is much more of an independent endeavor, focused much more around simply writing and playing music, rather than getting on MTV or being on the Warped Tour and whatnot.
dude you always look on the worse side of things. :?
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

NoReason27 wrote:when i go to a concert i don't want to hear the same songs, or hear the same lines as i do from most of these shows that i can find on here. i want every show to be different.
dude i know what yo mean but I think it's quite difficult to do
King of Contradiction
Bunkface

Post by King of Contradiction »

Sounds good, although I'm slightly confused as to wether Sum41 are happy. While pre-underclass hero suggested they were full of energy and excitement, the shows have proven things have quickly gone pear shaped and turned a bit sour again.
Steve doesn't really care what he does anymore as long as he is getting paid and doing....something.
Cone appears to be very unhappy with underclass hero and this was apparent in the making of videos when Deryck was restricting Cones influence on the songs which is why it looks like Cone would rather be doing Operation M.D most of the time.
Deryck is enjoying his time in the spot light and while I tend to idolize the guy too much, it feels like Deryck is sticking the band to mainstream conventions and the shows feel forced and uncomfortable.

I hope Dave comes back, I really do. It isn't Sum41 without him, but while Sum41 might say their ruff times are over, after the underclass hero tours, things are going to be looked over and we'll have to wait and see wether the band continue the downward spiral (even though the music still rocks) or grab reality again and hopefully Dave along the way.
kevz2kool
Bunkface
First name: Kevin
AKA: Jack...Jack MOMMA!!!

Post by kevz2kool »

from what he said, he left, first off, because life in the band was getting really wierd because of the changes on the tours. second, the shows were becoming more and more tedious. the same setlist, same jokes, the same shit every night. and honestly, i cant blame him. if anyone in sum deserved a good time it was dave.

Gunner wrote:Sum 41 just isn't Sum 41 without the tangy zip of Mircale Brownsound.
amen, brother.
The name is Jack...Jack Momma!

please help me 4 ever
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Gibsum 41 »

Bullet_For_My_Valenzine wrote:

dude you always look on the worse side of things. :?
yea i know but in a way he's right. i love sum 41, as everyone on this site but sum 41 isn't sum 41 without dave. i personally understand why he left. deryck is turning sum 41 into something totally different from what it was before. its like he's trying to sell and not play

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah