Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re: With Me music video Discussion

Post by Dylan »

Phili wrote: Now I don't get the girl in the fishnets and the guy in the bathtub, but I get pretty much everything else.
NoReason27 wrote:and the single people show that love can be anywhere, and everyone is different on the inside.
as for the light:
NoReason27 wrote:]the "in front of your eyes/it falls from the skies/ when you don't know what your looking to find". the light outside the house sybolizes the searching,
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I quite enjoyed the video.
[donate][/donate]
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

King of Contradiction wrote:What i will say though is that I'm so happy they included the piano for pull the curtain at the end, i've always thought it was very chilling ever since Deryck played it in the studio tour and that last 40 ish seconds of footage was truely awesome. Perhaps they'll follow this video by releasing pull the curtain. Now that'd be cool!
Ehm, WHAT?

Have you ever listened to With Me to the end? That piano part IS from With Me.

Listen to With Me and then Pull The Curtain. The endings are way different.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

TomiT14 wrote:
King of Contradiction wrote:What i will say though is that I'm so happy they included the piano for pull the curtain at the end, i've always thought it was very chilling ever since Deryck played it in the studio tour and that last 40 ish seconds of footage was truely awesome. Perhaps they'll follow this video by releasing pull the curtain. Now that'd be cool!
Ehm, WHAT?

He's right
[donate][/donate]
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by HilgaMan »

boniboyblue wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Ehm, WHAT?

He's right
He always is.
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

It was a great video.
Really, it was so different and great. the cinematography was freakin' amazing!
It was so artistic and had so much feeling to it. It was really well done.

For the content itself, yeah, i think the old lonely guy was different from the guy from the couple, because its also relevant to the lyrics that way, but I didn't get the whole idea with the tub guy and the fishnet chick.

Overall, it shows a different side of the sums, and the video itself is well done and just looks amazing. The sums are really kinda out of place in this video.
I think it could be cooler if the guy in the young couple could be played by one of the sums - like Cone or something. somewhy the guy in the couple reminded me of Cone, so I could totally see Cone as the guy in the couple, or even Steve.
I mean, it had such a feeling to it, like Pieces, but I could like it more if the sums were more active in the story of the video itself, like in Pieces.

Think about it, Pieces was great, since we saw all the band members there represent something. It could have been way different and maybe worse if instead of seeing the band members, Deryck would have seen just random actors represent those stuff we see in the video.
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

Well in my opinion, the video was boring and bland, much like the song.
They should have released The Jester, or they shouldn't have done that special release of March of the Dogs, and instead released March of the Dogs as an official single, with a video and all.

Guest is my noob.
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster

Post by HilgaMan »

Hentaiman wrote:It was a great video.
Really, it was so different and great. the cinematography was freakin' amazing!
It was so artistic and had so much feeling to it. It was really well done.

For the content itself, yeah, i think the old lonely guy was different from the guy from the couple, because its also relevant to the lyrics that way, but I didn't get the whole idea with the tub guy and the fishnet chick.

Overall, it shows a different side of the sums, and the video itself is well done and just looks amazing. The sums are really kinda out of place in this video.
I think it could be cooler if the guy in the young couple could be played by one of the sums - like Cone or something. somewhy the guy in the couple reminded me of Cone, so I could totally see Cone as the guy in the couple, or even Steve.
I mean, it had such a feeling to it, like Pieces, but I could like it more if the sums were more active in the story of the video itself, like in Pieces.

Think about it, Pieces was great, since we saw all the band members there represent something. It could have been way different and maybe worse if instead of seeing the band members, Deryck would have seen just random actors represent those stuff we see in the video.
Amen
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
King of Contradiction
Bunkface

Post by King of Contradiction »

King of Contradiction wrote:
What i will say though is that I'm so happy they included the piano for pull the curtain at the end, i've always thought it was very chilling ever since Deryck played it in the studio tour and that last 40 ish seconds of footage was truely awesome. Perhaps they'll follow this video by releasing pull the curtain. Now that'd be cool!

Ehm, WHAT?

Apologies I worded that all wrong, what I meant was the Piano bit at the end of With me, but that piano part is in Pull the curtain during the pre chorus like bits. Ofcourse I know the different between the With me piano part and the one at the end of Pull the curtain which is an obvious rip off of the chorus of we're all to blame.
Spencer
Hooch

Post by Spencer »

i was really disapointed with this video it could of been a lot better
" I pledge the allegiance to the underclass as your hero at large "
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

Post by K. »

i dunno why but this video reminds me When You're gone
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Gibsum 41 »

Jonny wrote:Well in my opinion, the video was boring and bland, much like the song.
They should have released The Jester, or they shouldn't have done that special release of March of the Dogs, and instead released March of the Dogs as an official single, with a video and all.
i always thought a "March of the Dogs" video would've been really cool

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

Gibsum 41 wrote:
Jonny wrote:Well in my opinion, the video was boring and bland, much like the song.
i always thought a "March of the Dogs" video would've been really cool
That and it is by far the best song on the album.

Guest is my noob.
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

Post by K. »

i think speak of the devil vIDEO would be cool
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

Phili wrote:I hope you're not serious. If you are, that was light artistically shining into the camera. They used light a lot and well in that video. That's what artists do. *nods slowly*
i was joking, but the pink beam right when the chorus starts is not light shining, ITS A PINK BEAM THATS HITTING THE GROUND OUTSIDE, ITS PRETTY OBVIOUS...........so stop trying to be smart
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

That video left me quite emotionless, it wasn't bad, neither was it genious. It just left a feeling, that something like this has made before. And it also made me realize how tall Cone really is.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Mike wrote:
Phili wrote:I hope you're not serious. If you are, that was light artistically shining into the camera. They used light a lot and well in that video. That's what artists do. *nods slowly*
i was joking, but the pink beam right when the chorus starts is not light shining, ITS A PINK BEAM THATS HITTING THE GROUND OUTSIDE, ITS PRETTY OBVIOUS...........so stop trying to be smart
'Cause the fact it's pink and hit the ground means it's not just light... :roll:
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

Phili wrote:
Mike wrote:
'Cause the fact it's pink and hit the ground means it's not just light... :roll:
my bad, wow i really thought that was a laser beam, but i guess the lower part is the sun........FUCK
Omega Myre
Bunkface

Post by Omega Myre »

I was talking to a friend today about the video and he interpreted the bathtub guy and the fishnet chick like this:

The two are alone and are seen in between the montage of the couples as a way of kind of showing that you have to be grateful for love if you really have it. The girl, guessing by the where she was and the way she was dressed, kind of showed that "using" or not be grateful for the other person in the relationship can tear it apart, which is why she seemed so sad. The guy in the bathtub showed either depression or abuse of alchohol or drugs or something. I'm not so sure about depression, 'cuz I'm pretty sure I saw him laughing once, or mabye that symbolized him being happy at one time, but now he's not, I dunno. But I think the bathtub kind of hinted at suicide or some other tragedy, without actually showing it to us.

I dunno, mabye I'm stupid, and of course the video is purely up to your own ideas, but that's my two cents.

Yeah.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

kanguv41 wrote:i dunno why but this video reminds me When You're gone
Same here, but just a bit.