"With Me" is on Avril's official Myspace music pla

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

sumfan wrote:
Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:But...shouldn't Sum 41 fans want Sum 41 to get more exposure, and to reach and touch more people, thus making them fans?
not at the exppense of the fan sites, the shows and the music. how would you feeel it bubbleheaded dorks started liking brown brigade? and they cluttered up the shows and made them shit.
I'd be stoked to be selling them merch at the shows *lol* There's already retarded little girls trying to pick them up and retarded little boys trying to kick the shit out of each other at the shows. It's more money and support for the band *shrug* It's annoying, but meh.

And I had to put up with a bunch of 12 year old weiner at shows with their mothers when I was still really into Sum 41 - so really...how different can Avril fans be? haha

Hopefully they just buy the albums and stuff, and stay away from underground boards like this one. Win win, right?

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Yeah, seriously guys, we're talking as if Sum 41 fans are so mature and cool... For the most part, we're not.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Brownmetal
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeffrey

Post by Brownmetal »

sumfan wrote:
Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:But...shouldn't Sum 41 fans want Sum 41 to get more exposure, and to reach and touch more people, thus making them fans?
not at the exppense of the fan sites, the shows and the music. how would you feeel it bubbleheaded dorks started liking brown brigade? and they cluttered up the shows and made them shit.
Ill take to Dave personally and tell him to play harder so their faces will melt :D
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:
sumfan wrote:
I'd be stoked to be selling them merch at the shows *lol* There's already retarded little girls trying to pick them up and retarded little boys trying to kick the shit out of each other at the shows. It's more money and support for the band *shrug* It's annoying, but meh.

And I had to put up with a bunch of 12 year old weiner at shows with their mothers when I was still really into Sum 41 - so really...how different can Avril fans be? haha

Hopefully they just buy the albums and stuff, and stay away from underground boards like this one. Win win, right?
Dave said he doesnt think its ALL about the money though.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

sumfan wrote:Dave said he doesnt think its ALL about the money though.
I never said he did. Nor did I say it was. I am not Dave, therefore I can say things, and it doesn't have to have anything to do with Dave's opinion - like that it brings in more money. I, personally, want the guys to get more money so they can tour more etc. etc. That's ME. Not Dave.

What I said prior to the more money for the band bit, was that it's their music reaching out and touching more people and more people's lives - which is what it is (or should be, and is with Dave and the boys) all about.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:
sumfan wrote:Dave said he doesnt think its ALL about the money though.
I never said he did. Nor did I say it was. I am not Dave, therefore I can say things, and it doesn't have to have anything to do with Dave's opinion - like that it brings in more money. I, personally, want the guys to get more money so they can tour more etc. etc. That's ME. Not Dave.

What I said prior to the more money for the band bit, was that it's their music reaching out and touching more people and more people's lives - which is what it is (or should be, and is with Dave and the boys) all about.
i just dont want BB or Sum 41 to turn into a fad

like having people come just so they can be cool and say "OMG i went to thheir show" and shit like that. cheapens it all.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Ah. Don't worry too much man.

It's always happened, every album that Sum 41 put out. There was the fad-fans.

Just gotta take them with a grain of salt...they'll get bored quickly, and move on and be gone. It's annoying - but generally pretty short-lived.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

yeah i hate those guys, fad-fans... they suck.

and i really hope we wont see stupid pop lovers Avril fans at sum 41 shows.
i mean, they like Avril, god knows what else they listen to...
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

stop saying that avril fans only listen to pop. again avril is the only pop artist i listen too. but it does bug me when people say i only like a few sums songs because of avril. if they came on tns that would suck.
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Just to clarify, I like Avril's music. Not so much her latest album but the second one.

I'm also a die-hard Sum 41 fan, and I love Billy Talent, Blink 182, Alkaline Trio, Letter Kills, Alexisonfire, etc.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

sumfan wrote:
bobbyjames wrote:i don't really know if its a good thing or not, i mean, i can see why she probably wants to do it, but the majority of her fans are completly different to Sum 41 fans, do we really want her fans becoming sum fans
"OMG your like, so ryte. this is soo lame. i'm like, omagosh ther r going to be guys talking like this on here"

:o :lol:
if it bothers you that fuckin much why would you fuckin repeat it?
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

I don't really care that much. I think it's good that Sum 41 has some publicity. I don't care much about the fans. It'll be cool if they discover Sum 41 and genuinely like them.

Chances are, with Underclass Hero being more poppier than their previous two albums, it might catch on. But mainly because of songs like With Me and Best of Me.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, that i think the reason why With Me is on Avril's myspace.
right now, its THE song that can maybe attract more people to the sums...
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Pull_The_Curtis wrote:
sumfan wrote:
bobbyjames wrote:i don't really know if its a good thing or not, i mean, i can see why she probably wants to do it, but the majority of her fans are completly different to Sum 41 fans, do we really want her fans becoming sum fans
"OMG your like, so ryte. this is soo lame. i'm like, omagosh ther r going to be guys talking like this on here"

:o :lol:
if it bothers you that fuckin much why would you fuckin repeat it?
one to get a retarded comment from you. :D

two, to clarify. now stfu :P
deryck33

Re: "With Me" is on Avril's official Myspace music

Post by deryck33 »

Phili wrote:Yeah. I thought it was kind of cool, personally.

It's awesome that she's advertising their album, and the choice of song is really sweet.

http://www.myspace.com/avrillavigne
what's ur point?
Smy_L

Post by Smy_L »

The fact is that the Sums will indeed get more publicity, personally I reckon thats all that matters! They didn't get enough publicity or credit for Underclass Hero so everylittle helps! And though With Me was written about/for Avril, I think.. could be a little bit of sign that With Me will be the next single? Avrils shot of early publicity for Deryck.. dunno! Cause' With Me will appeal to a lot of music lovers not just Sum fans! Its just one of those songs!!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

yeah, i'm pretty sure With Me is gonna be the next single, but Best of Me was the song written about/for Avril.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:yeah, i'm pretty sure With Me is gonna be the next single, but Best of Me was the song written about/for Avril.
Um, what? Have you even listened to the lyrics?

With Me is clearly about Avril.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

I think With Me and Best of Me are both written for Av, but With Me is the one that's for sure written for her.

Hello, he makes references to both a romantic relationship and a wedding.
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

Phili wrote:I think With Me and Best of Me are both written for Av, but With Me is the one that's for sure written for her.

Hello, he makes references to both a romantic relationship and a wedding.
Best Of Me is about Deryck's dad

i forgot where i heard it but i no for sure thats what its about