What songs should have been b-sides?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

DTLI? IMO was p4p. 8) it seemed more their style.
Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

thanks for nothing a demo???? um do u know wat a demo is?
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

Gunner wrote:
fergal41 wrote:Also I can't understand everyone's love for Noots on this board. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great song but I think it would have been by far the weakest song on Chuck had they released it. Bonus tracks never really represent the band's sound properly at the time a certain album is released and don't seem to fit in with the album's they're on. It's like Sum 41's bonus tracks are in-studio sound checks or something. Especially the ones on the new album.
I just really like the chorus... I don't know. It was breath of fresh air because it wasn't as dark as the rest of the Chuck songs I found. I guess that must've been why it wasn't on the album.

I suppose ye have a point there !

"Noots could work as a great DTLI track though."

I agree with that too, in between Still Waiting and A.N.I.C on the album maybe !
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by Hentaiman »

My Direction could be replaced with Noots on DTLi, IMO.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal

Post by fergal41 »

Ah I like that song, has a good message. I like it better than All Messed up anyway! though I like that song aswell
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

First of all Thanks for Nothing is probably one of the best on DTLI. And what is with everyone hating Open Your Eyes and I'm Not the One? They're like my favorites on chuck. If any song should've been bsided it's Welcome to Hell.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

SociallyInept wrote:First of all Thanks for Nothing is probably one of the best on DTLI. And what is with everyone hating Open Your Eyes and I'm Not the One? They're like my favorites on chuck. If any song should've been bsided it's Welcome to Hell.
Well, imo, Open Your Eyes and 88 are the best songs on Chuck.
But what I'm saying is, that in my opinion, Open Your Eyes doesn't fit in with the context in Chuck. It feels like it's out of place, even though it's a very good song. It sounds like a very good bonus track.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

That's what i think, exactly like TomiT14.

Open Your Eyes is one of my favorites on Chuck and I'm Not The One is also great (and its great its in the record), but Open Your Eyes just feels like a b-side, its just feels out of context, out of the main idea, like Tomi here said.
punkrockfan182
Bunkface

Post by punkrockfan182 »

Pull_The_Curtis wrote:thanks for nothing a demo???? um do u know wat a demo is?
it reminds me of subject to change and sounds like 3 different songs. it dont sound like a final song which is why i call it a demo,.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

SociallyInept wrote:First of all Thanks for Nothing is probably one of the best on DTLI. And what is with everyone hating Open Your Eyes and I'm Not the One? They're like my favorites on chuck. If any song should've been bsided it's Welcome to Hell.
They probably kept Welcome to Hell because it had a bass solo in it, haha.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah i think so too, cuz its not that great song :lol:
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

...I love Welcome to Hell.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

i think they shouldnt of release Subject to Change at all
if we didnt hear it then Underclass Hero would of sounded alot better and "fresher"
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Mike wrote:i think they shouldnt of release Subject to Change at all
if we didnt hear it then Underclass Hero would of sounded alot better and "fresher"
Yeah, and people keep accusing the Sums of copying their own song because of that. It's kind of annoying but I don't think they planned on doing anything with Subject to Change since they already made No Reason out of it. If they did, then yeah, definately should've kept Subject to Change underwraps at least until Underclass Hero came out.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

yeah. it's so annoyiving everyone then accusing them of copying their own songs, and that additionaly to those who accuse them of copying Green Day and Blink ...
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

Gunner wrote:
Mike wrote:i think they shouldnt of release Subject to Change at all
Yeah, and people keep accusing the Sums of copying their own song because of that. It's kind of annoying but I don't think they planned on doing anything with Subject to Change since they already made No Reason out of it. If they did, then yeah, definately should've kept Subject to Change underwraps at least until Underclass Hero came out.
yea they did plan on it, Deryck said that thats why they named it "Subject To Change" cause they knew they were going to make a new version of it
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

yeah sure, that's true, but i'm sure they never planned it before they did UH. they just released it as the song that evantually became No Reason, although i don't see the similiarities.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Well, the similarities between No Reason and Subject to Change as far as I know are:

- Lyrics
eg.) "How can we fake this anymore, turn our backs away and choose to just ignore" and "How can we fake this and take anymore, looking up blindly and try to ignore"

The other most obvious is the "How long has this gone, I don't see this ending..." part.

The choruses both kind of have the same flow and melody. Like two parts I found similar were the "and we don't need anything from you" and "why is there no reason we can't change" parts.

- Riffs
eg.) The main riff in Subject to Change (0:29) is actually being played during the last chorus of No Reason (I know this because I've got the tab booklet and they have that in there).

The main riff in No Reason is similar to the verse riff in Subject to Change in terms of the notes being played. The choruses are pretty much identical except that No Reason adds in an extra chord. Then, the chords played at th very beginning of No Reason is being strummed in the part right after the second chorus of Subject to Change.

Sorry this was so long, haha, but those were most of the similarities I've found between No Reason and Subject to Change. I didn't think there were much similarities, and there probably aren't, but you can see how parts of No Reason were inspired by Subject to Change.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Well never noticed all those you mentioned. i'm gonna try to hear it by myself now. thanx for pointing this out.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

No problem. Whenever I get my camera to make videos, I'll put up a video of how No Reason was born out of Subject to Change on YouTube. Just to make things more clear.