Deryck doesn't think UH is the final album...

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

Blink-182 is a different band to Sum 41 in allot of ways, to be honest they arnt very similar, I mean blink ALL had children, they were all married, they were allot older and they much more commercialized and ya...oh and Dave will be back for #6
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

fergal41 wrote:Ya'd swear this was a blink 182 forum with all the talk that goes on..
well blink and sum fans are VERY close. reason being is blink and sum kinda have the same type of music.

edit: well at first with all killer
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

That's awesome. I'm glad that Deryck seems to plan on evolving Sum 41's sound in the future. Hopefully this means more original sounding songs and hopefully more guitar playing.

I mean, I recently listened to Chuck start-to-finish and I was so amazed at how different it was and made me appreciate the Sums a lot more.

I remember Deryck saying they took all the things they did best in the past and put them together to make Underclass Hero. I'm pretty sure they were pretty damn good guitar players back in the day and if it was even remotely close to Infected or Chuck, the next album would rock harder yet appeal to those who don't like such a dark album. That would be my ideal Sum 41 album as I must've said so many times before.
LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by LTS »

there better be another record!
One of a Kind of Something
budgie
Underclass Hero
Post by budgie »

Pull_The_Curtis wrote:Blink-182 is a different band to Sum 41 in allot of ways, to be honest they arnt very similar, I mean blink ALL had children, they were all married, they were allot older and they much more commercialized and ya...oh and <b>Dave will be back for #6</b>
what makes you so sure?

i hope he does return, but its not gonna happen anytime soon...
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

:shock: neato
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

budgie. wrote:
Pull_The_Curtis wrote:Blink-182 is a different band to Sum 41 in allot of ways, to be honest they arnt very similar, I mean blink ALL had children, they were all married, they were allot older and they much more commercialized and ya...oh and <b>Dave will be back for #6</b>
what makes you so sure?

i hope he does return, but its not gonna happen anytime soon...
I'm thinking that was a hopeful statement hidden behind confidence.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, I kind of liked it when Dave was in the band and Deryck had to write riffs he thought Dave would like to play. t least back then not all the songs had the same chord pattern (G#, E, B, F#).

I think Deryck is just trying to get off easy by not calling himself a guitar player. But he is right about calling himself a song-writer... it's just that Deryck wrote such good riffs back in the day that he should be calling himself a guitar player, especially now that Hot Chocolate is gone.