how much moshing is there at sum 41 shows?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

kevin5064
Hooch

how much moshing is there at sum 41 shows?

Post by kevin5064 »

im going to see sum tomorrow and i was just wondering how much moshing there usually is at their shows. ive seen them once before and there wasnt any at all. I DO NOT LIKE TO MOSH i have a fear of getting elbowed in the face.

hows the moshing been at your recent sum shows? and any advice on how to avoid the mosh? i heard to stand way up in front by the gate works...
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

There's not much...When I went to one of their concerts in Philly last week, there was a mosh pit in the middle, but only like 1/8 of the people there were moshing.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Their shows have been very mosh-y lately, so watch out.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
x41x

Post by x41x »

They're there, just not violent at all. It's kind of just an empty pit with the occasional shirtless guy running in it.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

x41x wrote:They're there, just not violent at all. It's kind of just an empty pit with the occasional shirtless guy running in it.

bahahahahahahha :lol:
boof
Bunkface
First name: Chelsea

Post by boof »

when they played here in august the mosh was in full swing from start to finish... it was great :D but yeh not so great if moshes arent your thing...

best advice... stay clear of the middle... thats where the majority of the action usually happens... so yeah stick to the sides and you should be sweet as...

as for the barrier right at the front... thats generally an alright spot but again you'd be wanting to aim for the sides rather than the middle... that way you get crushed against the bar less and also less chance of crowd surfers flying over your head...
RODNEYMULLEN
Hooch

Re: how much moshing is there at sum 41 shows?

Post by RODNEYMULLEN »

Allright, i'm gonna write alot because i just got back from a sum 41 concert 2 hours ago. Ok, moshing is supposed to be moshing, not fucking tackle people into the ground and step on there fucking heads. I've been moshing countless times but these people were fucking retarded. They were fucking punching people in thier fucking heads. One guy tackled me into the ground and then put his fucking shoe on my head and pressed down, then pulled me up and shook my fucking hand. I wanted to punch him is his fat face. And also i fell trying to crowedsurf. I think i have a concusion.
GNARKILL

Post by GNARKILL »

when they play up in canada its a fucking gong show... by far the most moshing out of any concert i've been too. which is a real plus for me.

Props to dearyou_182 & erikj9 !!!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

sounds somewhat crazy, but i never been to a sum 41 show.
The Megadeth show i was at, like 3 months ago, had some crazy moshing but really crazy. me and my friends found ourselves in the middle of it XD

In the end, like been said before, here too there was some shirtless guys running into it, only they made it kinda pit wrestling stuff, when they were in the circle of moshing :lol:
x41x

Post by x41x »

Hentaiman wrote:sounds somewhat crazy, but i never been to a sum 41 show.
The Megadeth show i was at, like 3 months ago, had some crazy moshing but really crazy. me and my friends found ourselves in the middle of it XD

In the end, like been said before, here too there was some shirtless guys running into it, only they made it kinda pit wrestling stuff, when they were in the circle of moshing :lol:
:lol:

Well, sounds like my Sum show was really weak in comparison to the rest...
katrina

Post by katrina »

Everytime I saw them there was always a lot of people moshing.
kevin5064
Hooch

Re: how much moshing is there at sum 41 shows?

Post by kevin5064 »

RODNEYMULLEN wrote:Allright, i'm gonna write alot because i just got back from a sum 41 concert 2 hours ago. Ok, moshing is supposed to be moshing, not fucking tackle people into the ground and step on there fucking heads. I've been moshing countless times but these people were fucking retarded. They were fucking punching people in thier fucking heads. One guy tackled me into the ground and then put his fucking shoe on my head and pressed down, then pulled me up and shook my fucking hand. I wanted to punch him is his fat face. And also i fell trying to crowedsurf. I think i have a concusion.
well im a freshman in high school , so i dont think people would try to take down someone a lot younger than them...or maybe they will idk
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

oh they will
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I think it depends where you are to be honest and the audience, my advice if you don't like moshing never come to a Scotland show
[donate][/donate]
Spencer
Hooch

Post by Spencer »

when sum 41 came to newfoundland on the go chuck yourself tour there was moshing from beginning to end. it was my first concert and i was in seats. i went to the billy talent concert in septtember and i said to my friend i have a goal. and i said to get in the mosh pit and go body surfing. i was a little afraid of body surfing because my freind was the first one to do it in the whole stadium and taht was during the first band and it never started till billy talent and they droped my friend. and as for sum 41 they were moshing as soon as the concert started. deryck got hit with a cd and it smashed all over his arm. so if you dont like moshing either stay up front to the sides or just up front but watch out for body surfers. or stay in ythe back. in the middle to the sides is fine too. but if you dont like it STAY OUT OF THE MIDDLE. that was a lot of typing lol
" I pledge the allegiance to the underclass as your hero at large "
DUBWOOD
Bunkface

Post by DUBWOOD »

depends on the venue and what city they're in, but no matter what if you're in the first 6 rows you're gonna get trashed at one point or another. watch out, cause it'll come from ANY direction.
***MY FIRST SUM41 ALBUM WASN'T ALL KILLER***