New album thread: Summer 2019?

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
Thanksformuffins41
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississippi Saxophon

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Post by Thanksformuffins41 »

That's the clip I listened to on someone's instagram. I caved and couldn't resist a listen, I'm so ashamed of myself lol :balling: :blush:

It sounds good but I'm not keen on another song with 'blood' in the title.....
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Alright, we’re getting super close!

While nothing has been confirmed yet, we might now know the names for the first single and the album, as well as the artwork (for the album?)!

The biggest mystery for now is the release date. Someone at Reddit claimed that Cone said the single will be out ”on Wednesday”, suggesting April 24th. I asked Cone to confirm this, but he replied ”Ha, let the rumours fly”.

This website lists the new single to be released on May 7th, while this Japanese website lists either the album or the single out on May 22nd.

So, it can be either of those, or none of them. Still one thing is certain. Both the single and the album will be out soon!
Thanksformuffins41

Where do you see the artwork?
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

TomiT14 wrote:Alright, we’re getting super close!

While nothing has been confirmed yet, we might now know the names for the first single and the album, as well as the artwork (for the album?)!

The biggest mystery for now is the release date. Someone at Reddit claimed that Cone said the single will be out ”on Wednesday”, suggesting April 24th. I asked Cone to confirm this, but he replied ”Ha, let the rumours fly”.

This website lists the new single to be released on May 7th, while this Japanese website lists either the album or the single out on May 22nd.

So, it can be either of those, or none of them. Still one thing is certain. Both the single and the album will be out soon!
I only heard a possible single title. What is the possible album title??
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Some pictures from inside the shoot has been posted online.

AGAIN, HUGE SPOILER ALERT!!!
Spoiler: show

Click to view the fullsize image.https://i.imgur.com/3hVOQ0i.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.https://i.imgur.com/GX0nD7Y.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.https://i.imgur.com/EqnOxqK.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.https://i.imgur.com/D9c3FfQ.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.https://i.imgur.com/kGNrjoT.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.https://i.imgur.com/3jJGEdH.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
crungss
First name: Ruslan

Post by crungss »

24th April We will hear and able to listen “Out For Blood” 100% that’s why sums didn’t really care about snippets and parts of song might be upload to internet after the videoshooting. 7th may is a date when radiostations will add out for blood to rotation. The other single is called “A death in the family”
Thanksformuffins41

sprinks41 wrote:

I think Tomi means the single title 'Out for Blood' might be the same as the album title? As we saw from the potential artwork the single/possible album title was at the bottom.

I think the date on the Japanese site is their release date as they're weird and do things later.

There is now another video on YouTube with a couple more clips of the song. It sounds pretty awesome but I'm already critical of a few lyrical decisions lol
crungss

Post by crungss »

Thanksformuffins41 wrote:
sprinks41 wrote:

I think Tomi means the single title 'Out for Blood' might be the same as the album title? As we saw from the potential artwork the single/possible album title was at the bottom.

I think the date on the Japanese site is their release date as they're weird and do things later.

There is now another video on YouTube with a couple more clips of the song. It sounds pretty awesome but I'm already critical of a few lyrical decisions lol
Agree. I really want to count how many times Deryck singing with words “Save”, “Help” “Blame” “Alone” “Blood” and etc
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

Video from inside the shoot - SPOILER ALERT

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

sprinks41 wrote:I only heard a possible single title. What is the possible album title??

Yeah, considering the artwork and the Japanese dates, I think it’s possible that it’s the album title too.
crungss wrote:The other single is called “A death in the family”
Where did you find it’s a single? All I know it’s a song written by Mike Green, as were Out For Blood, War and Breaking The Chain.
Thanksformuffins41

TomiT14 wrote:
Where did you find it’s a single? All I know it’s a song written by Mike Green, as were Out For Blood, War and Breaking The Chain.
Where did you find the information about that song?
crungss

Post by crungss »

TomiT14 wrote:
sprinks41 wrote:I only heard a possible single title. What is the possible album title??

Yeah, considering the artwork and the Japanese dates, I think it’s possible that it’s the album title too.
He wasn't writer, he produced their songs

https://pp.userapi.com/c852032/v8520328 ... Ep4nNY.jpg
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

crungss wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

He wasn't writer, he produced their songs

https://pp.userapi.com/c852032/v8520328 ... Ep4nNY.jpg
Just like it says behind that link (and in the 13 Voices booklet):
Job: CW - Co-writer

Deryck has been the band’s sole producer since Underclass Hero.

But still no word that it would be single.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Frank Zummo talking about the new album & single shoot

Post by HugoDisasters »

Thanksformuffins41

Cool interview, I'm really looking forward to this 'beast' of an album with all these 'insane' songs. I hope it's gonna be good.

On another note, do you guys think there should be an intro again? Because personally I felt that FMOD should have kicked off 13 Voices and A Murder of Crows should have ended it (also Black Eyes should have replaced There Will Be Blood imo). I just want another record that gets straight into it again.

Sorry to bring up 13 Voices, but it'll be interesting to compare the 2.

Finally do we know anything about the director of the new music video? Is it Marc Klasfeld again or someone new?
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Re:

Post by HugoDisasters »

Thanksformuffins41 wrote:Cool interview, I'm really looking forward to this 'beast' of an album with all these 'insane' songs. I hope it's gonna be good.

On another note, do you guys think there should be an intro again? Because personally I felt that FMOD should have kicked off 13 Voices and A Murder of Crows should have ended it (also Black Eyes should have replaced There Will Be Blood imo). I just want another record that gets straight into it again.

Sorry to bring up 13 Voices, but it'll be interesting to compare the 2.

Finally do we know anything about the director of the new music video? Is it Marc Klasfeld again or someone new?
If I'd have to pick I'd probably want 13 voices to be the first track of 13 Voices. But then again I do love Murder of Crows and how its sneaking up to the bang.
If you think about it this is also done in SBM with Reason To Believe, which is in a very similar mode as Murder of Crows.

I'd say it really depends on the dynamic composition of the other tracks. Starting off an album with all the bangers will make the slower tracks lose significance after listening through half way imo.

The same way we enjoy a rollercoaster ride for its sudden up and downs, i'd like to have the same suspense in an album experience.

sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

New album info leaked...
"Order In Decline"
Release date: July 19, 2019

Track list
1. Turning Away
2. Out For Blood
3. The New Sensation
4. A Death In The Family
5. Heads Will Roll
6. 45 (A Matter Of Time)
7. Never There
8. Eat You Alive
9. The People Vs…
10. Catching Fire

Got it from https://merchnow.com/products/v2/290690 ... tify-green
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

sprinks41 wrote:New album info leaked...
Man what a sick info! Amazing, just can't wait for that!
Thanksformuffins41

If that's all true, which it seems to be it sounds and looks amazing. I'm loving some of the titles and the artwork.

Deryck and Tom have also confirmed that the single will be out this Wednesday. And have you guys noticed that they all have changed their name above the insta bio to one word? They all make up Out For Blood 24 April
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Yes I know, but I have a question about the info, because in the site says you will have the single if you pre-order the album? That's right?